Chapter 5 - An unforgetable game

You completely lost track of time this evening. What felt like minutes were in fact 3 hours you'd spent at this place.
All the people you met tonight were very nice and kind to you. You're just overwhelmed with the tons of questions they all asked. Like what your job is, or what your hobbies are and, of course, your hair color...

When you mention that your hobbies are all about computers and video games, two guys of the group perked up. A small guy with blond chin-length hair named Armin and a taller one with light brown short hair named Jean asked numerous questions about your favorite video games, your most beloved brand and so on. They even asked you if they could come over to spent a day gaming and you gladly agreed! By now, you could tell that Jean was trying to make a move on you.

It's charming, but you figured that he's way younger than you and you don't date "boys" but that didn't stop him from flirting like shit. Armin, on the other hand, is a really nice and calm guy. He is the sort of male you prefer to have as a buddy. Mikasa was sitting at the other end of the huge table, together with another handsome looking guy who seems to be her boyfriend. He had short brown hair and bright green eyes. Maybe you can have a little talk with them later because Mikasa never talks much about her private life and you want to change that. First you needed to visit the ladies room. Asking Erwin if he would let you through since he sits at the end of the bench, he willingly scoots over to make space and with a short "Be right back", you leave the table for the restrooms. Before you could enter, a loud voice calls you from behind and you realize Hanji has followed you and hooked her arm in yours as she joined the scene.

"Women never go alone to the restrooms, remember?" she mentioned with a wink.

"Ah yes! True. How could I forget?! Now I remember. Good that you're here now, Hanji, right?"

"Naaaawwww you remember me! How nice of you."Her voice oozes with joy and there's no sarcasm in it. It's a delight that you were this lucky to meet her. She's kinda crazy and nerdy but finding someone who has the same crack in mind like you was like winning the lottery. With that, you two disappear in the restroom.

Erwin's P.O.V.

I watch after Nina as she leaves with Hanji in tow. Considering what Mikasa told me about her training, she'd already lost more than 14 pounds of weight. I don't know what she looked like before, but what I can see now is a true delight for my eyes. She doesn't even notice how she sways her hips while she walks. I rest my face in the palm of my hand while I lean with my elbow on the table, smiling. I feel Levi's death glare upon me as he notices me watching after Nina, but I don't care. It's too much fun teasing him so I willingly accept the risk of being stabbed by him since there's not much in this world to drive Levi crazy with. Why not? It's a win-win situation for me, of course. I get to watch a fine piece of ass while driving Levi crazy at the same time. I chuckle as Mike leans over for a private talk. "Dude, where did you get that lass? She's really cute."

"She is. I came in contact with her through Mikasa. They became friends and Mikasa told me she needs a personal trainer. She showed me a photo of her and then I couldn't say no, you understand?"
Maybe that's going a little too far, but Nina is worth it. She is kind, honest and, despite her hard past, always optimistic and wearing a lovely smile.

"I see. Dude, can you give me her number? When you're done with her, you don't mind if I take a ride too, do you?"

To hear these words from the mouth of my childhood-friend feels like a kick in my stomach. My eyes widen in shock for a matter of seconds but I regained my poker face shortly after that and replied as calm as always.

"Sorry, Mike. But I won't do that. She's my mentee after all, and as her trainer, I am responsible for her health and well-being. So my answer is no." Unfortunately, Mike wasn't going to give up so easy.