Chapter 16 - A birthday to remember Pt. 2

After some further taunts, you both finally managed to get out of his bed. After Erwin and you finished your morning routine, he dresses up in a grey casual suit with a white button-up shirt with a matching neck-tie. Not to business like, but still, very good and official looking. Plus, very damn hot! Beside him, you look like a grey mouse in your leggings and the shirt from Levi. But somehow, no matter what you're wearing, Erwin gives you the feeling that you look admirable and beautiful in everything you might pick.

"Ready, sweetie?" he suddenly asked once he's finished getting dressed. Shooting him a very confused look, tilting your head to the side like a puppy hearing a new command for the first time.

"Ready for what?"

He walks across the living room straight to the generous wardrobe in the hall to put on his black light brown coat and black shoes. "For going out. I want to go shopping with you."

You want to complain and convince him to postpone this matter to another day since the weather outside was anything but friendly for a shopping trip, but he won't listen, saying that there's no bad weather, just bad clothing. And he probably has more excuses like this in his repertory, so you give in and change also into some more suitable clothes for the city. You left the shirt from Levi on and only changed the leggings for a pair of dark denim jeans and black boots and your winter coat with warm and cozy fur on its neck. Lastly, Erwin grabs the umbrella before you leave the penthouse.

While you two walked side by side, arms hooked into each other underneath the big umbrella, you're on your way into downtown. From time to time, Erwin's phone rang. This were undoubtedly more birthday wishes. You smile softly when you see Erwin's face lighting up when he answers every call. It's nice to see how happy he is today. And his smile grows wider and brighter with each passing minute. Just a little more and he can compete with the sun's bright shine! You like his warm smile a lot. He's the total opposite of Levi. You begin to understand more and more why people think so easily that Erwin is your boyfriend and not Levi. You would be a lie if you say that you haven't played with the thought of how it might be to have Erwin for a boyfriend. You love him, of course, but not the way you love Levi. You love him as a friend. But...You tend to overdo it with spreading your love to your surroundings. After all the lonely years you've spend in your apartment, you have so much love to give, that you just don't know where to go with it. Every person you adore and you care for will get a huge amount of it, no matter if man or woman. But some men seem to misunderstand this.

You love to give away hugs, friendly cheek-kisses and treatments like massages, rubbings and so. You like body contact, which stands in total contradiction to the fact that you don't like it to be touched. But only without permission and when you're not in the mood for it. It's n fine line not everyone is able to find. And it's no surprise that some men misunderstand this in another way you planned, but you can't help it. That's the way you are. You like yourself the way you are and you don't want to change just because someone might be disappointed or you caused false hopes. And it seems Erwin is just another victim. But since you both agreed to keep that one single kiss a secret and to handle it as a one-time mistake, you're sure that everything is okay between you. And since that day, Erwin didn't make any further moves on you. A sudden rush of happiness jolts through your mind and body when you think back to all that happened lately and about how you get along with Erwin so damn well after all. You feared that your friendship might be irreparably damaged, but it turned out to be the total opposite. It grew even stronger!

Overwhelmed by the sudden joy, you cling tighter to Erwin's arm to cuddle up against his biceps. And he responds by changing the hand that's holding the umbrella to wrap the arm that formerly hooked with yours around your waist, pulling you close to him, so that you could cuddle into his chest. His grip tightened slightly once he notices that you don't fight against his touch. You sure look like a couple right now that's very deeply in love, so as some "awww's" behind you proved it as well, but you couldn't care less. Embraced like this, you just keep walking side by side under the umbrella.