Chapter 33 - The wild ride under Aphrodite's spell Pt. 1

The night continued and I couldnt think of anything better but to spend it with Levi. The lovely beach town pulsed with life, even at this late hour and lots of bars and restaurants were just getting started with their offerings.

As I walked arm in arm with Levi through the main street, crossing paths with other couples, I finally felt as if I belonged into this world and that I don't need to hide because I was a weird or nerdy person. Here, with the man I love, I was just one of many, enjoying the nightlife.

It didn't take us long to walk the crowded main street up and down. The town was small and we arrived back to Levi's bike in less then half an hour, but I couldn't help myself and bought me a fresh and hot crepe with lots of Nutella on top. Of course, I winked at Levi while showing him the treat, and the smug grin told me that he knows all too well what I was referring to.

After I ate up, we hopped on the bike again and Levi took us to another place, but instead of maneuvering the bike into the next following town, he drove through it completely, and also with the next one and the one after that. And within another 10 minutes, we'd left the chain of beach towns behind. I began to wonder where Levi was heading or what his plans are, but I got my answer a few miles behind the last town.

Levi pulled the bike on an almost empty parking lot close to the beach and motioned me to stand so he could get up as well. When Levi tied our helmets to the handlebar, he took my hand without a word and interlaced our fingers with our gloves still on.

"Levi? Where are you taking me?" I asked, following him even though I had no idea what he wanted.

"You'll see it soon. Just come with me." And I did. I followed him curiously and in silence.

It was a comforting and soothing silence, the one you crave to have after a long and hard day at work, and with Levi, such moments are never awkward, not because his voice isn't talking to me, but his body and all that he's doing speak so much louder.

As I looked around in the almost pitch-black darkness, I barely recognized the parking lot, high grown bushes to the sides and a sandy path beneath us, judging from the scrunching noises our boots created. A few single street lanterns illuminated the slim path and in the distance, I could hear the waves crashing on the shore. It was the perfect scenery for a horror movie, where the murderer jumps out of the bush any moment, wielding a bloody axe or a roaring chainsaw. I shuddered at my wild fantasy and pulled myself closer to Levi's arm.

Levi seemed to sense my unease, cause I felt him let go of my hand, only to lace it around my waist to pull me against him a little more.

"We're almost there." He promised and I hummed. I still had no idea where we're going. I've never been to this place before, even though I know the beach towns and the areas around the main street, but this here? It was a completely new territory. Shameful for a person who's living here for their entire life.

After a few more meters, Levi stopped and turned to face me before he raised his arms to untie the scarf around my neck.

"May I?" He asked whispering, holding up the scarf to show me what he wanted to do.

"Okay. But no tricks, okay?" I have to admit, I was a little scared about the sudden turn of events and that Levi asked to blindfold me wasn't making it any better.

"Tsk. Who do you think I am? Some kind of stupid brat that's playing pranks? You should know me better. Now turn around." He clicked his tongue as he rolled his eyes in unison. I was glad that I know his harsh and sharp attitude by now, nonetheless, I was a bit taken aback by his mysterious behavior, but I inhaled deeply and turned around, so he could tie the scarf around my eyes.