Chapter 23 - There's a first time for everything Pt. 1

The days that were set for Petras hearing where the most awesome in your whole fucking life! Is so much luck in one room even possible? Probably not, but who cares?! Actually, three days were meant for this whole matter, but with so many witnesses and evidence against Petra, and even with such a fair, awesome and righteous judge, the hearing reduced to 2 days and all things bent exactly to your will. You were afraid that the judge won't accept the video Jean and Armin made when you led Petra into the trap, but he did! In front of all witnesses and the jury, he played the video and the confession that came with it. Your intention told you that the judge was about to praise you in front of everyone, but since this was an official hearing, he didn't. And the culprit in this room swore and complained the whole time, how unfair everything is and that it's just a misunderstanding, which earned her only disapproval and warnings from the judge and security. Several brakes must be taken since the situation became very hairy a few times during the process. Petra tried more than once to jump up from her seat to get to you, probably to end what she started, but there were more than enough guards in here to keep her on the leash. With this knowledge, you didn't even twitch with your eyebrow from her threats. It was such a hugely satisfying feeling, that you even couldn't hide a smirk.

All the other women Erwin had called, Levi's ex-girlfriends also jumped to your side and told their own stories and experiences they've made with Petra. All of them were pretty common, with a few changes here and there, but mostly, it was always the same. A dead animal in the mail, blood on the door and the walls, terror calls and so on. Even a robbery where the mobile phone was stolen was mentioned, only to be returned with very disturbing pictures and videos about rapes, violence against women and similar things. And with each new witness, Petras frown and her hissy fits became more and more furious. Just a little more and they could use her fuming head to shoot her to the moon. The night after the first day was exhausting and Levi, Erwin and you went straight to bed after you ate outside in a Greek restaurant. On the second day, the second half of the witnesses made their statements to complete the proof recording. The judge and the jury retreated for almost 2 hours before they announced their judgment. All the people in the room were more than eager to hear what might come, same as Petra. She believed that she's not guilty, saying that she just wanted to protect her boyfriend from rivals or threats. When the judge came back and took his seat and finally announced the things every person inside this room was eager and craving to hear, everyone, excluding Petra, burst out in tears. For her crime that includes coercion, incitement to suicide, threatening, grievous bodily harm, and attempted murder, she will be sent to prison for 8 years, with subsequent preventive detention. Without the chance of probation or to file an objection. Or for regular humans: She'll never set a foot out of the prison ever again! The burden of proof was too overwhelming. And after you finished group cuddling with the other women, Petra was guided out of the room, with loud swearing and struggling. The guards that will have to watch over her for the rest of her life will have your best wishes...

Before you could leave the room, the judge stopped you before leaving the courtroom, shaking hands in admiration and congratulation. He wished you all the best for the future and mentioned how proud he is of you having the civil courage, that a lot of people seems to lack during the last years.. Civil courage is rare these days and if more people would trust in their own abilities as you do, the world would be a better place. After this final push for your ego, you were guided outside by a bunch of happy and crazy shrieking women, who couldn't believe that this long-lasting nightmare finally came to an end. And what would be better now to celebrate this glorious moment? Isabel invited all girls, and of course Erwin and Levi as well, for drinks and food. And which sane being says "No" to free food? A little later at the bar, the very strange bunch of you clinked glasses with each other, wishing "Good lucks" and "Well done's" before the party started. Even Levi had his fun, having a talk with his old loves. And surprisingly, you had no problem with it. Levi was radiating pure love and affection only for you and the other girls had their own partners and fiances. Seems like your subconscious works more than well since it only alarmed you when Petra was around. With these women, you get along very well. One of them is even pregnant! She proudly showed us the first photo that was made from her womb and the teeny tiny life in there. After lots of "awwww's" and "ooohhh's" and many drinks later, the group dissolved more and more, until only Levi, Erwin, Isabel and you were left. The other women have a long way to travel since they came from all across the country, only Isabel was living next door. Well...almost. She has one hour to travel by train, but still.