🎧Haphephobia/Colors AU🎧

Haphephobia - The fear of touching/being touch.

+

Soulmate Color Au where you can't see color until you touch your soulmate.

For the sake of this story Michael will have an irrational and deathly fear of physical contact, Haphephobia. Sorry my dudes.

•-•~•-•~•-•

Image a world of different shades of black and white and no other colors.

Now imagine a world where you can see other colors, such as blue and red, but only once you touch your soulmate.

And finally, imagine having a phobia relating to any form of physical contact.

———

Michael Mell did not have a soulmate. He couldn't have one, not with his phobia. And it is because of this that he'll only ever see the world through black and white.

No one could comprehend this, though.

Michael was a happy, go lucky guy. He would dance in the halls to Bob Marley, drink massive amounts of Seven-Eleven slushees, and always crave sushi. He was also very talkative, even when he wasn't wanted.

But as soon as someone even attempts to touch him, wether it be a tap on the back asking for a pencil, or simply just a hug from a family member, all hell would break lose.

Yet of course, the new kid, Richard Goranski, knew none of this.

Especially seeing as it was his first day at Middle Borough high school and he had no idea what to expect. Would he get bullied? Would he make any friends? Would he find his soulmate? He didn't know.

As Rich walked the crowded halls, trying to figure out where his first class was. It was art.

"Um, excuse me?" He said to a tan boy in a red hoodie. When he didn't get an answer he resorted to tapping the boys shoulder. "Hello? Do you kno-" Rich stopped. He saw color.

The boy froze for a few seconds before running off in tears and hyperventilating.

People stared as Rich stood there in the hallway confused. He muttered to himself. "Did I do (th)something wrong....?"

Jeremy Heere, another kid who Rich didn't know, walked up to him. "You're new, right? Well, Michael had Haphephobia. He freaks out whenever someone touches him."

Rich looked at the taller male in shock. He just caused some random kid to have a panic attack. Well (th)shit. He's also my (th)soulmate.

Rich stumbled out a small "(th)Sorry" before running after the boy known as Michael. He ran past a random classroom, realizing it was where he was supposed to be, and caught a glimpse of red.

"Wait!" He yelled. Michael ran into the bathroom. Rich ran in after him.

"Michael?" Rich whispered. He heard a small whimper. "Michael, I know you're (th)scared and I'm (th)sorry. I had no idea about your phobia, but I promise to help you. But only if you want me to!" He paused upon hearing a stall door unlock. "I don't know if saw them, the colors(th) I mean, but I did. I can't even began to comprehend all the colors(th) I'm (th)seeing for the first time. You're my (th)soulmate."

Michael pushes open the door to the bathroom stall, tear streaks evident on his face, and looked at Rich. "I-I'm sorry.... for running off, I just.... you're my soulmate?" Rich giggled at his confused face.

"Do you think I could try hugging you?"

Michael replied to the shorter boy "At least tell me your name first..." He looked nervous.

"It's Rich. Rich Goranski." Michael nodded, repeating the name. Rich slowly moved towards him. "I'm gonna hug you, okay?" Michael started to shake, slightly, but proceeded to move closer to his soulmate.

"Is this okay?" Rich asked once closing his arms around Michael.

He stopped shaking.

"I-It's perfect...." Nothing else was said. Though, it didn't need to be. Michael found someone he could touch.

Both boys looked at each other, taking in all the vibrant colors and decided that they were meant to be.

Who knew that a boy with an irrational fear of contact could actually have a soulmate?

•-•~•-•~•-•

Was that any good? It was my first time ever writing a soulmate au, much less writing about Haphephobia and I feel like it's terrible.

Please give me some feedback.

Mountain Dew Red // Be More Chill + Dear Evan Hansen जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें