📝Bad Habit📝

Currently obsessed with this song

Also don't mind the small head canons in here

•-•~•-•~•-•

Evan stared at the house in front of him, debating on whether or not to ring the doorbell.

You always said that I'd come back to you again

Was he really going to go back to the boy who left him for the obnoxious, populars who were nothing but fake?

Cause everybody needs a friend, it's true

However, Evan knew that there was no backing out once the door opened, revealing the boy that still, after all this time, made his heart flutter. Jared Kleinman.

Someone to quiet the voices in my head

When the other asked Evan what he was doing there, Evan gave no reply. The voices in his head were pounding against his skull, wanting to escape.

Make 'em sing to me instead, it's you

Though Jared's presence seemed to calm them, the pounding slowly ceasing. Evan began to fig-it with his shirt.

Hate to say that I love you

Jared repeated the question and this time was met with a response, meek, but a response, nonetheless. "I- um- I'm not sure..."

Hate to say that I need you

But Evan was sure. He was sure because he had been working up the courage to do this for weeks, wanting to repair his friendship with Jared, maybe more.

Hate to say that I want you

The shorter of he two went to close the door. "W-wait!"

But I do

Jared did as told, leaving the door open. "Yes?" "I- you- er- friends?"

Bad habit, I know

Jared gave a small smile, though he quickly replaced it with disgust. "If I didn't want to be your friend before, what makes you think that I would now?"

But I'm needin' you right now

Tears began to form in the corner of Evans eyes. "Oh..."

Can you help me out?

Evan tried to stop the tears from escaping as he looked down. He turned around, ready to leave.

Can I lean on you?

He stayed still for a few minutes, hoping, wishing that Jared would change his mind.

Been one of those days

Jared didn't.

Sun don't wanna come out

The sky began to darken, marching Evans mood, before a loud sound erupted, shaking Evan to the core.

Can you help me out?

Jared, knowing of the taller boys phobia, quickly stepped forward to grab his hand.

Can I lean on you?

Evan jumped, startled, but allowed Jared to pull him inside. The door was shut as another round of thunder hit.

You make me feel like I'm floatin' off the ground

Jared brought Evan to the couch, where said boy leaned on him and let his tears fall freely.

Above this little town, you do

Being close to Jared brought some peace to Evan, despite the earlier events that happened not to long ago.

Look at me smile with tears in my eyes

Jared hugged Evan in an attempt to comfort him and rubbed small circles oh his back. Evan gave a tiny sliver of a smile. 

I love the way you lie, I do

Remembering how singing always calmed Evan, Jared cleared his throat as a song came to mind.

Hate to say that I'm lonely

The song was familiar to Evan, as it was a small project he had been working on for his poetry class. It expressed his love for one male who only seemed to hurt him.

Hate to say that I miss you

That male was Jared.

Hate to say that its dark in here

Evans tears came to a stop as Jared's voice flooded his senses.

But it's true, oh

This was unhealthy. Evan knew that he shouldn't keep coming back to someone who refused to stay with him.

Bad habit, I know

Evans sang along, knowing that thats all that his love for Jared was built on;

A bad habit.

•-•~•-•~•-•

I don't know how to continue this.

Whoops.