🔥Breathe, Baby, Breathe🔥

Trigger Warning:
-panic attacks

Soulmate AU!
You can feel your soulmates emotions and pain

Angst

-~-~-

Jake was at work when it happened.

The pain suddenly hit him, no warning at all. It started in his chest, making it difficult to breathe. His hands began to shake, his breathing turning heavy. Soon, the pain spread, escaping from his chest and spreading through to the rest of his body. Jake couldn't seem to breathe. He knew exactly what this meant; Rich was having an anxiety attack.

Shit!

Jake immediately packed up his things into his work bag, running out of the office building and to his car. He would explain to his boss later, but right now, only one thing mattered; making sure that Rich was okay. Jake stared the car, stepping on the the gas peddle as soon as he could, as he was rushing to get home and to his lover.

Minuets later and he was there. He left his stuff in the car and made his way to the houses front door, quickly unlocking it and running inside.

"Rich! Rich, where are you?!" Jake yelled as soon as he got inside. When he got no answer, he panicked more than he already was, beginning to search every room in the house. He checked every room before reaching the couples shared bedroom. He checked their last.

"Rich, baby, are you okay in there?" Jake asked, quietly knocking on the bedroom door. "I'm coming in, okay baby?"

Jake slowly opened the door, his heart immediately shattering into a million pieces at what he saw.

"Rich, baby..." Jake's voice was quiet, trailing off as he looked at the broken boy in front of him.

Rich had tears pooling in his deep, chocolate brown eyes, some of which were falling and rolling down his cheeks. He sat on the couples bed, in the corner closest to the wall, violently shaking as he hyperventilated, taking deep, shallow breaths.

Jake quickly ran over to his lover, stopping in front of him and kneeling down, keeping his distance as touching Rich could startle him enough for him to pass out.

The taller stared up at Rich, Rich meeting his stare and slowly reaching out a shaky hand for him to take. Jake gently grabbed Rich's small hand into his own.

"Rich, can you hear me?" The man in question nodded, leaning into his lovers soft touch and gentle, soothing voice. "Good. That's good. Can you follow my breathing for me, love?"

Rich tightly squeezed his lovers hand, Jake gently squeezing back as Rich gave a tiny nod. Jake flashed him a small smile, slowly placing Rich's hand onto his chest, beginning to take deep breathes in and out. Rich matched his breaths, his shaking getting less and less violent worth every breath he took.

"You're doing so good, love." Jake praises his lover, getting a small smile in return. "Breathe, baby, breathe..."

After a few continuous minutes of this, Rich was finally able to catch his breath, his chest moving up and down at a regular pace.

Rich smiled at Jake, moving his hand from the man's chest and to his cheek, caressing it. Jake leaned into the touch.

"Thank you, Jake." Rich whispered, leaning down and pressing his lips to Jake's in a soft, meaningful kiss, before pulling away and resting his forehead on his lovers. "Anything for you, Rich. I'll always be here for you, okay?"

Jake smiled as Rich nodded, gently kissing him again. "I love you, baby."

"I love you, too, Jakey. More than you could possibly know."

-~-~-

My school is full of homophobic rednecks and one of them may or may not have made me cry today.

Don't you just looove people?