The Puddle

"All right! Road trip!!" Naruto cheered as they were in front of the Konoha Gate ready to leave "What are you babbling about?" Asked Tazuna annoyed "This'll be the first time in my life I've ever been outside of the village!" Said Naruto filled with excitement "Am I really expected to place my life in the hands of this fool?" Asked Tazuna, Rokudo glared at Tazuna, Kakashi-sensei sights "There's no call for concern, I'm an elite ninja, and I'll be along, too" "Listen, you old geezer! You don't mess with ninja, ever, especially not a really good one, like me! I am the cream of the elite. In fact, one day I'm gonna be the next Hokage! So remember my name, Uzumaki Naruto" Said Naruto.

"Hokage, eh? The Lord of your village? The best there is? I don't think someone like you has it in him" Said Tazuna as he took a sip of his drink "Well, you're old and stupid! I am doing them fast and when I become Hokage, you're gonna wish you were a lot more respectful to me right now!!!" Yelled Naruto with anger, Tazuna just looked at him "Respect you? I don't think so, not even if you did become Hokage" Said Tazuna "YOU ARE DEAD!!!" yelled Naruto as he was about to attack Tazuna but Kakashi-sensei grabbed him by his backpack "I said no, you little dunce" Said Kakashi-sensei making Rokudo sigh.

××××××××××

After the incident with Naruto and Tazuna, they were soon walking through the forest "Um, Mr. Tazuna...?" Asked Sakura "What now?" Asked Tazuna as he looked at Sakura "You come from the Land Of The Waves, right?" Asked Sakura "What of it?" Tazuna asked getting Rokudo's attention.

After a while, Rokudo stopped paying attention to the two until his eyes caught a puddle in the path they were walking. "Strange, it hasn't rained in days, I hope Kakashi-sensei notices," Said Rokudo in his head as he kept walking.

As they keep walking, two mist ninjas came out of the puddle and attacked Kakashi-sensei tying him with their chains "One little piggy" One of them said as they split Kakashi-sensei into pieces, Rokudo looked to see Naruto, Sakura, and Tazuna with horror in their eyes "Two little piggies" One of them says as they were behind Naruto. They were about to attack Naruto with their chains until Rokudo threw a shuriken pinning their chains on a tree as Sasuke threw a kunai at the shuriken to make it thrust deeper into the tree so they couldn't pull their chains.

Rokudo and Sasuke attacked the two mist ninjas as Tazuna, Naruto, and Sakura watched, the mist ninjas soon cut off their chains as one ran to Tazuna and the other at Naruto. Sakura quickly got in front of Tazuna ready to attack the mist ninja but Sasuke got in front of them while Rokudo attacked the other mist ninja that was running to Naruto but in a flash, Kakashi-sensei came out of nowhere and grabbed the two mist ninjas "I'm sorry Naruto, I should have moved to help you sooner before you were injured. It never occurred to me that you would freeze up" Said Kakashi-sensei as he looks at Sasuke, Rokudo, and Sakura "Good job, Sasuke, Rokudo, and Sakura" Said Kakashi-sensei, Sakura smiles, Rokudo smirked, and Sasuke looked at Naruto "Hey, are you okay, you big chicken?" Asked Sasuke as he smirks, making Naruto mad.

"Naruto! There's no time now for fighting, their claws are poisoned, we have to clean that wound as soon as possible, if we cut it open more deeply, the blood flow will wash the poison away. For now, keep as still as possible, so the poison doesn't spread, Mr. Tazuna" Said Kakashi-sensei "Wha...what is it?!" Asked Tazuna still a bit shaken from the mist ninjas "I need to speak with you" Said Kakashi-sensei as Rokudo started to tie the mist ninjas to a tree in front of them "Our attackers appeared to be journeymen level ninja of the Kirigakure Village, Mist Ninjas, they are shinobi renowned for their willingness to fight on until their goal is achieved, even at the cost of their own lives" Said Kakashi-sensei "Obviously they were watching and waiting for us" Said one of the mist ninjas.

"The sun is out, and it hasn't rained for several days, so there shouldn't have been any puddles on the ground," Said Kakashi-sensei "If you knew all that, why did you even let those creeps attack you?" Asked Tazuna "I could have killed them at any time but I wanted to find out who their real target was" Said Kakashi-sensei as he looked at Tazuna.