The Hokage's Funeral

It has been two days since the battle, everyone recovered from the battle but they lost someone that would leave them a scar, the loss of their Hokage, who died protecting his village and his people. It was silent but the sound of the rain falling, Koin looked up at the sky as the rain, Sasuke holding his hand tightly "It's like the sky is crying" Koin mumbled, loud enough for Sasuke to hear, Sasuke looked at his boyfriend before looking down.

Naruto looked down to see Konohamaru crying as Iruka-sensei tried to comfort him.

Iruka-sensei kneeled down to Konohamaru and hugged the poor boy while Naruto watched. The rain stopped as Naruto looked up to the Hokage Mountains, looking at the third Hokage's mountain face "...Iruka-sensei..." said Naruto getting Iruka-sensei's and Konohamaru's attention.

"What are humans? is life just that simple?" asked Naruto, Iruka-sensei looked at Naruto before answering "When a person dies...doesn't matter if it's the past, present or future- they will lose everything...he died fighting in a mission-death caught him unaware because life was that simple. It's like a dream, it's all the same even if you haven't reached your goal...but everyone knows that the most important thing is to die for a cause "Family, friends, lovers, and all the other villagers- to me, those are the most important people...we trust each other, help each other...from the day we're born to the day we die, we start to feel that love is the most important. And...that kind of relationship takes time to develop...and trust...anyone with this headband knows...because it's very important..."

"Yeah...I know that as well. But...death is still painful" said Naruto "The Hokage wouldn't think it's painful because we both agree that people should not be hurt for no reason..." said Kakashi-sensei, Naruto looked at Kakashi-sensei confused "But...it's no use even if you do understand" Kakashi-sensei finished "Right...but not knowing is better than knowing" said Naruto with a smile as Iruka-sensei also smiles.

xxxxxxxxxx 

"Bye Iruka-sensei!" said Naruto as he ran to his team "Bye" said Iruka-sensei with a smile.

Ninjas of Konoha...Hokage...This "spirit of the fire" you speak of, it will shine no matter where it goes. Even though it is a little fire, it shines brightly...at the same time, overlooking this village, protecting it...and the ninjas once again head towards a new tomorrow...