Keep Quiet

"What?! K-Kabuto..." said Naruto shocked as everyone looked at Kabuto "...Kabuto!" said Sakura "Ummm...aren't you...Yakushi Kabuto of Konoha...? okay. You can go. Uhhh...in case I forgot to mention it, from here on in, you fight as individuals...not as members of teams so you can make the decision that's right for you without worrying about anyone else. So...anyone else wants out? show of hands...?" asked Hayate "Hey! Kabuto!! what's up with you quitting?!" asked Naruto "Naruto...I'm sorry...but those guys we fought beat the crap out of me. And ever since my scuffle with those sound ninja prior to the first Exam, I've been totally deaf in my left ear. Now they're saying this could be a fight to the death...and I just don't think I'm up to that!" said Kabuto "...well, there's a familiar face, eh? if memory serves me, this is about the same point at which he dropped out last time...I wonder...what on earth could he be thinking? Yakushi Kabuto...according to his dossier...he's tried and failed six times now" said Anko "What sort of record has he got?" asked Lord Hokage.

"Ordinary...unremarkable. In his academy days, he was an average student, earning mediocre grades...it took him three attempts to pass his finals and graduate. Since then, he's completed two C-ranked and 14 D-ranked missions. There's nothing noteworthy in the records of any of his battles...except..." said Anko "Except...?" asked Lord Hokage "...except for something that happened before he even entered the academy" said Anko, Lord Hokage looked at her "Do you remember hearing the tale...of a young boy who was brought back from that battle at Kikyo Pass?" asked Anko "I do...yes...if I remember correctly, the story was that a Jonin Elite Ninja of the Medical Corps...took in an enemy youth who had survived on the battlefield. And he's that child...?" asked Lord Hokage.

"...has it become too much for you? are you ready to snap? is your roiling blood aching to flow free? get a hold of yourself! have you forgotten Lord Orochimaru's orders?" asked Kabuto's teammates "You guys can take it from here. Especially you, Yoroi...with your abilities, this next bit should be a piece of cake! it's the perfect opportunity for a real show of sheer brute strength! considering how you resent my recent promotion I would have thought you'd jump at the chance" said Kabuto "Hmph...you may think you're Lord Orochimaru's favorite...but don't push it, brat" said Yoroi "I got it...loud and clear, coach!" said Kabuto smirking.

Kabuto looked at Naruto, Sasuke, Rokudo, and Sakura. He smiled, waved at them, and walked away. Rokudo looked back at Kabuto until all of a sudden he felt a shot of pain run through his body "Nii-san..." said Sakura worried, Sasuke turned around seeing that Rokudo had his hand on his curse mark "Nii-san...maybe you should quit, too!" said Sakura worried, Rokudo looked at her as he was gritting his teeth "Ever since that Orochimaru attacked you, you haven't been yourself!! that mark on your skin is hurting again, isn't it? And it just keeps getting worse!!" said Sakura, Sasuke looked at Rokudo with a worried look as he slowly grabs his hand while Naruto was looking at the three confused "Please..." said Sakura as she began to tear up shocking Rokudo, Sasuke, and Naruto "...please withdraw...I...I'm scared..." said Sakura but she couldn't finish her sentence as she tried to hold up her tears "You're in no shape to fight, Nii-san! I know...that you've barely been able to contain the pain all this time! you leave me no choice. If you won't listen to my reason...I'm going to tell the sensei's about the marks! and then..." said Sakura as she was about to raise her hand but was stopped when Rokudo grabbed her hand "Don't tell anyone about the mark Sakura, so keep your mouth shut!" hissed Rokudo.

"Why are you acting like this?! I can't bear to watch you suffer, nii-san!" said Sakura as she started crying "It's my decision Sakura...not yours, this pain is my burden to bear...alone. I don't want anyone to get involved, I don't want people to go through the pain that I am going through. Sakura, Sasuke, this is between the three of us" said Rokudo, Sakura wiped her tears away and nodded in agreement, Sasuke nodded, and Naruto was still confused on what was going on.