A Hero And A Father

Once the three got to Tazuna's house, Rokudo helped Tsunami cook dinner "Boy, this is real fun! I can't remember the last time I shared a meal with so many people!!" said Tazuna as Rokudo put each of their plates down in front of them.

As he finishes he sits next to Sasuke as he and Naruto were eating so quickly, stuffing their mouths with the dinner "MORE PLEASE!" they both yelled before glaring at each other.

A few seconds later after glaring at each other the two of them started throwing up at the same time "STOP EATING IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA HURL IT BACK UP!" yelled Sakura as Rokudo ignored the three as he continued to eat.

××××××××××

After dinner and the incident with Sasuke and Naruto Rokudo helped Tsunami wash and put away the dishes while Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei, Inari, and Tazuna were sitting in the table, and Sakura was looking at a torn picture "Little Inari was looking at this the whole time we were having dinner, someone's face is completely gone, is that deliberate?" asked Sakura, Tsunami, Tazuna, and Inari tensed up "...It was a picture of Inari's father" said Tsunami breaking the silence as she and Rokudo kept cleaning the dishes.

"...Once upon a time, if you will...our entire city called him a hero" said Tazuna, Inari got up from his seat and started to leave the room "Inari...Where are you going?" asked Tsunami worried noticing her son leaving, but Inari ignored her and left slamming the door "Father! I've told you time and again not to mention that in front of my son!!" yelled Tsunami as she also left the room slamming the door behind her going after Inari "So...you're talking about what it is that makes Inari act so strangely...?" asked Sakura as Rokudo sat next to Sasuke "It sounds like there's a story there" said Kakashi-sensei.

"...The man in the picture was not Inari's birth father...but they were as loving and close as any biological father and son could have been, Inari was such a happy, laughing child then..." said Tazuna, Naruto, Rokudo, and Kakashi-sensei looked at Tazuna to see him trying to hold back his tears as he was shaking "...But Inari changed...after what happened to his father" said Tazuna as he shed a few tears not being able to hold them back "Our people and especially little Inari were robbed of the very meaning of courage because of what happened that day" said Tazuna as he got everyone's attention "'What happened?" What was it? What could have changed Inari so much?" asked Kakashi-sensei, Tazuna took off his glasses and uses his hand to wipe his tears away "Let me start at the beginning...and tell you about the man who our entire land called champion and a hero" said Tazuna "'Champion"...?" asked Naruto.

It was three years ago that Inari and the man first met.

"Here, Poochie!!" yelled Inari as he was being held down by two boys as the third boy was carrying a small puppy "Not any more! Starting now, his name is Shooting Star and he belongs to me!!" yelled the boy still carrying Poochie "HE'S NOT A SHOOTING STAR!! THAT'S MY POOCHIE!! GIVE HIM BACK!! POOCHIE'S MY FRIEND! YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM!!" yelled Inari "SHUT UP!!" yelled the boy until he smirked having an idea looking at the water besides him.

The boy threw Poochie in the water, Poochie struggling to swim "POOCHIE!!" yelled Inari as tears form in his eyes "It's what you get for not handing him over when I ordered, who caries abut a dumb dog, anyway? Let Inari go!" the boy demanded as the two boys let him go "YOU CAN'T JUST DROWN MY DOG!" yelled Inari "Well, if the puppy means so much to you...better go save him!!" said the boy smirking "But..." said Inari as he was panicking more each second "Well, what are you waiting for? Are you going to just let him die?!!" asked the boy, Inari looked at Poochie as he struggled to swim knowing he himself couldn't swim.

"Hey!! If you own him, why aren't you diving in?" Asked the boy as he kicked Inari in the water with Poochie besides him "This ain't right, Akane. What if he can't swim?" Asked one of the boys panicking, Inari came up to the surface struggling to breathe for air "H-HELP! HELP ME!" yelled Inari as he kept struggling.