The Hospital

Back at Konoha in the Konoha Hospital, Sasuke was in bed still unconscious from the attack. Koin sat next to his bed holding his hand ever since they entered the hospital. Ever since he came back to Konoha with Guy-sensei, he stayed by Sasuke's side the whole time. His orange hair was messy, he had black rings around his eyes from not sleeping, and he hardly ate any food. Koin looks at his curse mark before placing his other hand on his own curse mark.

"Koin..." said a familiar voice. Koin turned around to see Sakura and Akumu at the door, Sakura holding a basket of apples. Koin smiled at them and the two smiled back "How is he?" asked Sakura. Koin's smile disappears from his face making Sakura regret asking the question "He is still unconscious" said Koin trying not to cry until Akumu places a hand on his shoulder smiling comforting him with Sakura "You did all you can nii-chan" said Sakura with a smile.

"Tch" said Koin smacking Akumu's hand away, shocking her, for all her life Koin has never done that to her, not even once. Sakura looked at Koin worried "Nii-san..." Sakura mumbles. Koin got up and looked at the two with tears in his eyes "Don't say I gave it all! I did nothing while Sasuke was being beaten by those guys!!" yelled Koin, he clutches his shirt where his heart was as he kept crying "What kind of boyfriend am I if I couldn't save him...he almost died....and I just stood there while he took all of that..." he couldn't say anymore as he continues to cry.

Akumu and Sakura look down sadly at what he said. Right as Akumu was about to say something Koin runs out of the room ignoring Sakura and Akumu calling his name. He ran all the way to the rooftop stopping at the metal fence crying. He falls on his knees still holding on to the metal bars. He shakes still crying before he wipes his tears away. He looks down to the village to see villagers going on their day. He turns around sitting down placing his back on the metal bars, he puts his head back letting it rest on the metal bar, tears still streaming down his cheeks. All he could think about was Sasuke. 

He went in his pocket to see a piece of white paper his mother gave him, his eyes widened remembering his parents.

Flashback

"Mother...Father..." cried Koin, hugging his parents. Pain and Konan smile as Konan kisses his forehead. "Look how big you've grown" said Konan, still smiling as she wipes his tears with her thumb. "Mother...Father...why did you give me up...?" asked Koin. Pain looked at his son before placing his hand on top of Koin's head "We didn't give you up son...me and your mother love you with all our hearts" said Pain before he made an angry look on his face "Anbu attacked our hideout and took you away from us"

Koin's eyes widened, he was taken away? why would the Hokage take a baby away from his parents? before he could speak Konan hugged her son tightly like she was going to lose him again. "We missed you so much Koin...we thought about you every day..." said Konan, tears pouring down her cheeks.

After they all hugged and cried they all sat on the grass "Son...there is something me and your mother want to say" said Pain grabbing Konan's hand "What is it?" asked Koin, before Pain could speak he looked at his wife, Konan smiled and nodded her head letting him continue before Pain looked back at Koin "Me and your mother want you to come back with us...to our hideout, and join the Akatsuki" said Pain.

Koin's eyes widened "What...?" asked Koin shocked, Konan grabs his hand and holds it tightly. "You can come with us Koin...we can be a family again" she said with a warm smile. Koin quickly got up letting her hand go "I can't..." said Koin "What do you mean?" asked Konan looking at her son "Mother...I have a life in Konoha...I have a boyfriend...I have my friends...I can't just leave them..." said Koin looking at his parents. The three stayed silent before Pain and Konan got up. "We aren't forcing you sweetheart...but if you change your mind here...we will come here at the same spot to give you your answer"

Koin looks down before he looks at his parents, not saying anything "Me and your father love you Koin" said Konan as she kisses his forehead. 

Koin was about to say something but in a blink of an eye, they disappeared.

Flashback End

Koin looked up to see Akumu in front of him "Are you ok Koin?" she asked concern after he ran away. Koin slowly got up and smiled at her "Yeah, I'm fine"