Protecting Them

When Sakura was helping Rokudo and Naruto Sasuke went after the man but after a while Sasuke came back littered with bruises and had the same mark on his neck like Rokudo before he too fell unconscious.

Sakura places two wet clothes on Rokudo and Sasuke's forehead "Their breathing is improving, but their fever is still so high" Sakura says to herself, "They'll be fine" she looks back at Rokudo, Sasuke, and Naruto "I'll protect them"

××××××××××

The next day came, Sakura stayed up all night watching over the boys, she could feel her eyes slowly wanting to close but shakes her head awake "I can't let myself sleep" said Sakura as the sun was coming up.

Sakura quickly grabs her kunai hearing a twig snap behind her, she shakily looks behind her to see it was a squirrel "What are you up to, scaring me like that?!" asked Sakura gently as the squirrel ran to her but Sakura threw her kunai in front of the squirrel before it got any closer and ran away.

Sakura grabbed Rokudo's cloth, she pours more cold water on it, and places it back on Rokudo's forehead doing the same to Sasuke, she looked at Rokudo as she held his hand tightly "Don't worry nii-san, I'll be here when you wake up" said Sakura with a smile on her face but then looks down her smile disappearing "But nii-san...please...please wake up...I don't want to lose you again..." said Sakura.

"Heh heh...you've been up all night standing guard, eh?" said a unfamiliar voice, Sakura turned around to see it was the Sound Ninja's from the first exam "As of now, you're off duty, just wake Rokudo for us, the three of us want to take him on" said the first sound ninja known as Dosu. Sakura shakily goes to her pouch "Wh-what are you talking about?! I know that some guy named Orochimaru is the one who's been pulling all the strings, so what do you want?!" asked Sakura, the Sound Ninja's eyes widen "What does this mark on their neck's mean?! With Rokudo in this condition...now you want to fight him?! get out of here!!" yelled Sakura with anger.

"Hmm, I wonder what Orochimaru's up to?!" asked Dosu, Sakura looked at him confused "Whatever, I can't walk away after hearing that! I'll destroy you, girl and your brother, too!" threat the second Sound Ninja known as Zaku as he had an evil smirk as Sakura glares at him.