Gatô

"Wow, this is some fog, I can barely see a thing" Said Sakura as they were now in a boat "We'll be able to see the bridge in a minute, on the other side of it is Nami No Kuni, The Land Of The Waves" Said the man on the boat as he kept rowing through the fog, Rokudo looks around looking for the bridge through the thick fog.

"WHOA! IT'S HUUUUGE!!" Yelled Naruto as he and Rokudo looked on, seeing the bridge "Hey! Keep it down! This mist'll keep us hidden, but from this point on, we have to turn off our engines and row, we'd be screwed if Gatô caught us" Said the man angrily, Naruto used both his hands to cover his mouth as Rokudo sighed before he started thinking about what Tazuna said.

Flashback

"I have something I need to say...about the request for help I made to your village, as you guessed, this job is more dangerous than you and your students were led to believe, there's a real scary man who wants to see me dead" Said Tazuna "A "Real Scary" Man?" Kakashi-sensei asked confused "Who is he?" Asked Rokudo crossing his arms.

"You've probably heard of him, he's a billionaire in the field of Marine Transportation, his name is Gatô" Said Tazuna as Kakashi-sensei and Rokudo's eyes widen as Tazuna said the name "You mean Gatô of Gatô shipping and transport? The Gatô?" Asked Kakashi-sensei "He's the richest man in the world!!" Said Rokudo.

"That's the one, on the surface, he looks like a legitimate businessman, the truth is he's a ruthless, murdering criminal who employs gangs and teams of shinobi, and traffics in drugs and contraband. He starts out taking over companies and ends up running entire countries, he lives every low and vicious trade known to man, it was just one year ago that he set his sights on the Land Of The Waves, he came under guise of a business venture, then the violence began, and in no time at all, he'd take over the entire marine transportation and shipping industry, and we were all under his thumb! Gatô now has a stranglehold on all forms of transportation, the lifeblood of an island nation, and a stranglehold on all the wealth, the only thing he has to fear is that which has been underway for some time, the completion of that bridge!" Explained Tazuna.

"I see and as the architect of the bridge and overseer of its construction, you Mr. Tazuna are very much in his way," Said Sakura.

"That means that the ninja who attacked us were working for Gatô," Said Sasuke.

"And he'll probably hire and send more to kill you" Said Rokudo.

Naruto looked at everyone confused as he tried to catch up on what they were saying.

"But I still don't understand, if you knew you were the target of a ruthless thug with a ninja at his disposal, why didn't you tell us when you asked for our help?" Asked Kakashi-sensei.

"Nami No Kuni isn't a real prosperous land, even our local Lords are poor and I have no money at all, an elite, B-ranked bodyguard would be a lot more than I could afford" Said Tazuna as he looked down, everyone looking at him "But if you all turn away from me now then I'm as good as dead but...But oh well! That's not your concern! You won't be there to see my daughter and ten-year-old grandson cry all day like their hearts are breaking!" Bragged Tazuna as Rokudo had a blank face.

"Oh! And you won't mind if my daughter vows eternal hatred of all ninja of your village as she lives her life alone! Heck! Well, it's not your fault!" Bragged Tazuna "Well, I suppose it can't be helped, we'll continue to protect you, at least unti...

"Oh! And you won't mind if my daughter vows eternal hatred of all ninja of your village as she lives her life alone! Heck! Well, it's not your fault!" Bragged Tazuna "Well, I suppose it can't be helped, we'll continue to protect you, at least until you return to your country" Said Kakashi-sensei.

Flashback End

"We'll be there soon" Said the man as he kept rowing "Tazuna, so far it looks like we've been overlooked, just to be on the safe side we'll take an inland waterway through town to a point where we can make landfall under the cover of mangroves" explained the man "Thank you" Said Tazuna as the boat was soon under the waterway the other side.

Naruto's eyes lit up as he saw the town and mangroves "Wowww!!" Said Naruto as they went past the town and mangroves in the water.

They soon make it to land everyone starting to get off the boat "This is as far as I go, take care of yourself," Said the man "Thanks for taking such a risk, I shouldn't have asked it," Said Tazuna as the man rowed away disappearing into the mist.