Gaara's Past

In the village of Sunagakure, young Gaara was sitting on the swings holding a teddy bear while watching children happily play with a ball "Pass!" one of the children yelled before kicking the ball but they kicked it to high that it got stuck on top of a high building "What are we gonna do?!" asked the first child "None of us can do the wall-climbing Technique..." said the second child until they realized their ball was floating with sand around it. The ball slowly landed in Gaara's hand and the children's eyes widened in pure fear "Y...you're...!" one of them stuttered out but couldn't finish their sentence. Gaara lent out the ball returning it to them but the boys took a step back in fear "I...it's Gaara!" said one of the boys "Gaara of the Sand" another said "R...run!" the third yelled as they all ran away.

"Wait!" yelled Gaara before his sand started grabbing them "Help!" they shouted "No!" one of them shouted as the sand was about to attack them before a person went in front of them getting hit by the sand instead "Lord Gaara, please calm yourself!!' yelled Gaara's uncle, Yashamaru. Gaara's eyes widened as he undid the sand looking down, his eyes filled with nothing but sadness.

xxxxxxxxxx

Gaara stayed silent for a while as he looked at a picture of his mother with a knife in hand.

 Gaara placed the knife on his wrist but sand appeared from his wrist protecting his wrist from the knife "

 Gaara placed the knife on his wrist but sand appeared from his wrist protecting his wrist from the knife "...it's still useless..." said Gaara, upset "The sand protects me..." "Lord Gaara..." said a voice, Gaara turned around to see Yashamaru with bandages wrapped around his forehead and wrist.

"I might not look like it, but I am still a member of the Medical Corps charged by Lord Kazekage himself to see to your safety and well-being

"I might not look like it, but I am still a member of the Medical Corps charged by Lord Kazekage himself to see to your safety and well-being. Please do not engage in such behavior in front of me" said Yashamaru, Gaara didn't say anything "...even if the sand protects you as well..." said Yashamaru scratching the back of his head smiling "...Yashamaru...I'm sorry. Your wound...does it hurt?" asked Gaara "Oh this?" asked Yashamaru pointing at his bandaged forehead "Well, just a bit...but it's only a small scratch. It'll heal in no time" "Yashamaru...?" "Hmm?" "What does it mean...to hurt?" asked Gaara.