The Final Exam

The next day, everyone was gathered at the arena "...Rokudo's still not here..." said Ino as she looked at Sakura. Sasuke looked around worried that Rokudo wasn't going to show up after Sakura told him Rokudo was missing "Hey! stop fidgeting! stand still and face forward toward the guests...for all of you are the stars of these finals!" said the ninja that was in front of them.

Sakura looked down with a sadden look "...That day...had nii-san really run away from the hospital...?...but what if something really terrible happened to him...?" asked Sakura in her head as she got even more worried about Rokudo.

"Rokudo is still nowhere to be found?" said the Third Hokage "We still have several Black Ops Teams out searching for him, but... there's no trace... he may already be in Orochimaru's clutches... if that's the case, we might never find him..." said a shinobi, the Third Hokage didn't say anything for a while "Understood" said the Third Hokage "Ah...well, well... Lord Kazekage!" The Third Hokage soon said as Lord Kazekage soon walked in.

Ino looks at Sakura "I know you're worried about your brother, but... either way, Naruto's match is first, so why don't you stop fretting...and cheer him on?" asked Ino, Sakura looked at her before she smiles "...yeah...!" said Sakura.

"You must be tired from your long journey," said Lord Hokage "Oh no... I'm happy to make the trip. Of course, you're still hale and hearty... but the voyage might have been a bit harder on you, Lord Hokage. Perhaps you ought to choose your successor soon..." said Lord Kazekage "...ha ha... well, don't bury me yet! I hope to continue here... for another five years, at last. Well then... we ought to begin..." said Lord Hokage as he got up and walked up front.

"Ahem, ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests... welcome and heartfelt thanks for gathering here in Konohagakure... for the Chunin Selection Examination!! we will now begin the matches of the Final Round... between the 9 candidates who advanced in the preliminaries. Please sit back...and enjoy!" announced Lord Hokage "...9 candidates...? it seems you are missing one..." said Lord Kazekage.

"Before we begin, I have a few announcements...look here!" said the Proctor as he shows them a piece of paper.

Uzumaki Naruto vs Hyuga Neji

Haruno Rokudo vs Chi Akumu

Gaara vs Uchiha Sasuke

Kankuro vs Aburame Shino

Temari vs Nara Shikamaru

"There have been a few last-minute changes. Look again and confirm your assigned opponent" said the Proctor "Rokudo's not here yet, so what's gonna happen?" Sasuke asked, still worried "If he doesn't arrive at the start of his own match... he'll lose by forfeit!" answered the Proctor.

"Listen up, all of you. This is the Last Exam. The landscape may be different, but just as with the prelims, there are no set rules. You fight until one of you dies or admits defeat... unless I determine that a clear winner has already been decided, in which case... I'll stop the match before anyone's killed understand...? All right then... match one, Uzumaki Naruto... and Hyuga Neji. You two, stay down here... the rest of you, proceed to the waiting room outside the arena!" said the Proctor.

"You got something to say...?" asked Neji with a smirk "I've said this once before..." said Naruto as he makes a fist.

"I vow to win!!"