Promise

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Tazuna confused "Were you really the one they were after? Or was it one of us ninja? There has been no word of any shinobi seeking to take your life, the request that was relayed to Lord Hokage was that you have an escort to protect you against any roving bands of the thieves and brigands. In any case, it's clear this is more than a "B" Rank mission, to protect you from ordinary dangers until you complete the bridge you're currently constructing would be a simple thing" explained Kakashi-sensei, Tazuna looked down knowing he was right and knew he couldn't hide it "But if you expected to be the target of a ninja assault then it is beyond question that this would have been classified and priced as a mission for elite ninja, you may have had your reasons, but it's never a good idea to conceal the facts when you are asking for help, as it is this task falls far beyond the boundaries of the job we were assigned" Kakashi-sensei explained again as he looks at Tazuna "We're not good enough yet to handle something like this, can we quit? We'll need an anesthetic for Naruto's wound before we can re-open it and drain the poison, can't we return to the village and have a doctor look at it?" asked Sakura as she was shaking a bit from the attack, Kakashi-sensei looks at Naruto "Hmmm, this is complicated, do we go back now so we can make certain Naruto receives medical attention...?" Asked Kakashi-sensei as Naruto glared at them.

Naruto grabbed a kunai from his pouch and stabbed his hand, shocking everyone from the sudden move he did "Naruto, what are you..?! No!! Stop that!!" Yelled Sakura, but Naruto didn't listen to her, he kept the kunai in his hand as blood was dripping from his hand to his arm "With this kunai, I promise you, I will protect the old man, reporting, fit for duty, sensei!" Said Naruto with a smirk "Naruto, we needed a free flow of blood to clean the poison from your wound, but you've exceeded the need, you could bleed to death, I'm serious" Said Kakashi-sensei as Naruto turned white before he started to panic "NOOO! NUH-UH! NO WAY! ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN! I'M NOT GONNA DIE LIKE THIS!" yelled Naruto. Rokudo sighed, walked to Naruto "Show me your hand" He says as he grabs bandages from his backpack and starts to clean his hand from the blood as Sasuke glares at Naruto "What are you, Naruto? Some kind of masochist? Do you get off of pain?" ask Sakura mad, Rokudo finished cleaning Naruto's hand from the blood and started to bandage it until he stopped looking at Naruto's wound seeing it almost healed "His wound, it's almost healed, the nine-tailed demon fox is healing it" thought Rokudo in his head still looking at Naruto's hand "It's all right, isn't it...? I mean...you know..." Said Naruto, still in a panic state not even finishing his sentence, Rokudo broke his train of thought "Yeah, you'll be fine" Said Rokudo as he finishes and smiles at him.

"Kakashi, I have something I need to say" Said Tazuna as it got everyone's attention.