Orochimaru

"What...? Hayate...?" asked Kakashi, shocked as him and other ninjas were meeting with the Hokage "Sadly, his body was discovered this morning near Kikyo Castle," said Lord Hokage "Do you think it was him, Orochimaru?" asked Akumu "...no...we can't jump to conclusions! Hayate was most likely trailing the Sound Spy Kabuto. But...it is pretty certain that Orochimaru is plotting something" said Kakashi "Then we should postpone the Chunin Exam...and go after Orochimaru..." said a ninja.

"No...when he confronted Anko...he warned her not to postpone it. He is determined that this Chunin Exam, where the shinobi of allied nations assemble, should go on" said Lord Hokage "But...why?" asked an elder "Orochimaru is strong enough to take down a small nation all by himself. After he deserted this Village, he was probably courted by many other countries. Furthermore, he conveniently harbors deep grudges against us here in Konoha...it would make any Nation desire him" said Lord Hokage.

"Then...you can't mean...! you think that our allies might partner with Orochimaru...and betray Konoha...?!" asked a ninja shocked "Well, the treaties of the alliance are really no more than verbal agreements...It's just like the Ninja World Wars of the past..." said Kakashi "In any case...right now, we've got too little information. We must not make too many assumptions..." said Lord Hokage.

"We have already dispatched Black Ops Units to each nation to gather intelligence...it is imperative that we not make a single careless move. Our enemies will pounce on any such opportunity" said an elder "I have the utmost confidence in all of you!" said Lord Hokage, all the ninja's look at Lord Hokage "If it comes to it, we shall consolidate all of Konoha's strength...

...and fight!"