Cameron 9

Cam and I live quietly, for the most part. We liked our space, but we also liked each other. We got a place outside of town with a huge back yard and lovely little garden.

It had been neglected over the past years and I decided I was gonna plant on it this year. We pulled up weeds and tilled the garden.

"Flowers or food?" I asked him and he shrugged. "The flowers will never be as pretty as you and the food will never satisfy me as much" he told me and I blushed.

"What ever" I rolled my eyes and we walked out and I decided on flowers. Even if I didnt plant next year old ones would come back up. It was a little slushy from the night before cause we had a little rain.

I wore no shoes, shorts and a t-shirt. Cam had shorts, boots and a t-shirt on as we walked out to the garden. "You dont have shoes on" he told me and I nodded. "I like the way the wet grass feels and the mud between my toes" I told him and smiled.

We walked out to the small garden and we started to dig little holes and plant the seeds. "Hey" he said as I was poking a seed in to the ground. "Hi" I spoke back and moved a little bit. "How are we gonna keep up with this?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Flowers grow wild all the time. We will care for them best as we can." I told him and he nodded. After a few minutes he stopped planting and he sat in the dirt. I saw him drawing and playing in the damp soil. "Do we have to water them?" He asked and I nodded.

He got up quickly and walked to the hose and pulled it over. "But not to much." I warned and he nodded and turned the water on. He started to spray the water and some of it was getting over to my space. I sat on the ground and started to mix the water and dirt.

I pulled my hair up and picked up some mud and looked at Cameron who was faced the other way. I giggled and I threw a piece of mud at Cams back. He jumped and turned around and I crawled and his behind a mound of dirt. "Uumm not funny." He shook his head and he bent down and I saw mud in his hand.

"Cameron dont!" I shrieked and he laughed. "Its only fair." He told me and threw the mud at me. I screamed and covered my face and I felt the cold mud hit my arms. I looked up and I picked up more mud as he did.

We both started throwing mud at each other and he was walking over to me with his hands behind his back. "Truce" he told me and I dropped the mud in my hands and he smiled. His face had a bit of mud on it and his pants were covered. "What now?" I asked and he reached up and grabbed my face.

As he did I felt the mud and pulled away. "Cameron!" I yelled and he laughed. I tried to wipe the mud off my face and throw it at him. I grabbed his hand and he bent down and kissed and some of the mud got on his face. "Better?" He asked as he tried to wipe the mud off my cheeks and I smiled.

"We better get inside before the neighbors see us" he laughed and we walked inside.