Jaren 10

"Only like 10 minutes" I told Jaren as we got dressed in our heavy coats. "Of course" he smiled. "But I have these" he held up a pair of ice skates. "Dont you remember what happened last time?" I asked and he frowned.

"Please. I promise I'll hold on to you" he walked on his knees over to me as i sat in a chair. "Your gonna skate too?" I asked him and he nodded. He grabbed my ankle and slipped one of the skates on.

"Its a perfect fit" he looked up and winked at me. He tied it and put the other one on and laced it up. He sat back and out his own on and then stood up. "I'm gonna break an ankle I told him as he grabbed my hands.

"Just be careful" he spoke and I sighed and he dragged me up off the chair. I wobbled a little bit but he kept holding me. "Outside we go" he smiled and I looked down. "I forgot how to walk" I told him and he smiled. "Pick your feet up all the way. Slow steps until we get to the snow" he told me and I picked up my foot and set it down.

Some how we both made it out the door and in to the snow. "I just had a thought" he told me as he wrapped his arm around my neck. "Yea?" I asked and wrapped my arm around his waist. "Maybe we should have put on the skates when we got to the lake" he told me as we walked carefully.

"Well that wouldnt have made for a very good story now would it" I told him and he shrugged. "I guess not" he sighed and we were so close to the frozen over pond.

"A few more steps" he told me and we reached the edge of the pond and both fell back on to our butts. We laughed and Jaren picked him self up and I saw him walk on to the ice and start to skate.

I groaned as I saw he was so graceful and didnt fall. He stopped and looked at me. "Come on" he told me and I sighed and got my self up as well. I walked on to the ice and I held my arms out. He skated over to me and grabbed my hands. I yelped as I started to go forward.

"Your fine" he told me and smiled. "Dont let go" I told him and he squeezed my hands. After a couple more minutes of him re-teaching me how to skate I thought I was ready. "I think I'm good" I nodded and looked looked at me.

"Good? To skate by your self?" He asked and I looked down and nodded. "Just a few minutes ago you said dont let me go Jaren. To could die. I would perish from the world" he said dramatically and laughed. "What ever." I said and pushed back a little.

He let go and I lost my balance and fell on my ass. I opened my mouth and I saw Jaren laughing and I hit the ice with my gloved hands. "Jaren i told you I would die" I told him and he helped me back up.