Cameron 15

I ran down the dark streets as I heard the sirens. I had my bag with all the stuff I stole from the little corner store. I breathed heavy and pulled my hood up again.

I stopped in an ally way and saw a few cop cars zoom past me. My heart was racing and I closed my eyes.

"Hey" I heard a man. My eyes snapped open and I saw a guy that was fuckin tall. Cop uniform gun pointed at me. "You dont have to. You can just let me go. Please I have to provide for my family. I need this. I have 2 younger siblings" I rambled and he looked at me.

"I'm gonna need your bag" he spoke and I sighed and shrugged it off. "Put it on the ground" he nodded at the ground and I slowly set it down. "Turn around" he grabbed my arm and I sighed as the cold metal clinked against my wrists.

I sighed and he pushed my out. "How old are you?" He asked me. "What do you care pig" I spit and I didnt see a cop car. "Wait who are you?" I asked and tried to pull away.

"Don't" he threatened and put the barrel of the gun to my back. "Who are you?" I asked nervously and he hushed me. "Help-" he pushed me against a wall and covered my mouth and his eyes stared in to mine.

"Shut up I'm trying to help you" he told me harshly and I heard sirens. "Go go!" He pushed me in to an ally and covered my mouth. His body was pushed up against mine. Cop cars drove by and he peaked around the corner.

He lifted his hand up and looked at me. "What's your name?" I asked him quietly. "Cameron" he told me and backed up. "Why are you helping me?" I asked and he had the bag on his shoulder.

"I know for a fact that you dont have a family or a home" he spoke and was still close to me. "So what?" I asked and he grabbed my arm and pulled me from the ally and back on to the sidewalk.

"Let me go. I dont know you. You dont know me, and your not a real cop" I struggled to get away. "I do know you" he spoke. "No you dont" I pulled away and he sighed and let go.

"Y/n L/n. Only child. Parents died in a car crash when you were 9 you lived with your grandma for 4 years then she died too. You dont have any more family. They tried to put you in an orphanage but you kept running away. You've been running ever since" he put his hands on my hips and my jaw dropped and I didnt know what to say.

"See?" He tilted his head and pulled me to a car. He pushed me in and ran around to the other side. He hopped in and we started to drive. "Where are we going. Did you grab my bag?" I asked and turned around. "Yes. Heres the key to the cuffs" he spoke and I laughed.

I brought my hands in front of me and the paper clip I had picked the lock with. "Wow" he hummed and we drove a couple miles and then we went down town then out of the city.

"Where are we?" I asked and looked out the window. We drove down a long drive way and there was a house there.

"Its a group home. Girls and boys just like you. We let them stay here until they get back on there feet" Cameron spoke and turned off the car. "I've never heard of it" I crossed my arms and he looked at me.

"People dont find us. We find you. All these people were found by the us." He told me and I raised my eye brows. "Can I have my bag back" I asked and he smiled. He got out and grabbed my bag and I sighed.

I got out and followed him to the house. He opened the house and I saw people running around and sitting on the couches. "Cam food!" I heard someone with an accent. "Its late cunt." Cameron laughed.

"Come on. I'll show you to your room" he told me and I walked behind him recently. I wanted my bag back. "You'll be sharing a room with another girl named Bee. Well that's her nick name" Cameron laughed and we walked in to a room. Two beds. A closet, a little table in the corner. A bay window and a bathroom.

"Cameron I was thinking-" a girl walked in and she stopped as she saw me. "This is Bee. Bee Y/n" Cameron spoke and Bee smiled. "Hi. I'm Bee" she walked up and hugged me. "Y/n" I nodded as she backed up.

"Alright. I'll tell you later" Bee nodded at Cam and walked out. "Well. This could be home if you choose to stay. Your always welcome to leave at any point" Cameron looked around the room and his eyes landed on me.

"Cool" I nodded and looked at the ground. "But I would like you to meet everyone first. If you wanna leave I'll have this" He held up my bag. "That's not fair" I told him and he shrugged and closed the door behind him. I sighed and walked over and sat on the bed.