John 15

John looked at me and smiled. "What did you make?" I asked him and he smiled more. "So I put cookie dough on the bottom. Then an oreo then brownie mix over it" he smiled and moved out of the way and I saw a cupcake tin.

"That sounds like a heart attack" I told him and he laughed and nodded. He got out some food from the fridge and stared to made a sandwich. "So" he spoke and looked at me. "So?" I asked and he nodded. "What?" I laughed and he glanced at me.

"Heard you tried to steal your bag from Ryan's office" he told me and I sighed and nodded. "With. . Mason" he sighed and I chuckled. "If you wanted it back you could have just asked Ryan" he shrugged and turned and grabbed one of his tiny heart attacks and put it on the plate with the sandwhich.

"I thought it would be weird" I shrugged and he fill up a glass with milk. "How so?" He asked. "Well you guys kinda like saved my ass and I was kinda trying to ditch" I shrugged and he set the plate and cup in front of me and started to make another sandwhich.

"Oh I'm not-" "Yes you are just eat so I dont feel fat" he told me and I picked up the sandwhich and took a bite. "I bet if you ask Ryan he will give it right back" John nodded. "Better yet I could just go in and get it for you" he told me and ate his own sandwhich.

"Would you do that for me?" I asked him and he nodded. "Yea. Then I can walk you home if you want" he nodded. "That would be. . .great" I said unsure and he nodded. "Great" he spoke and set his food down and walked down the hall way.

I sat there and ate the food and he walked back in with my bag. "Ready?" He asked and I raised an eye brow and nodded. "Yea" I stood up and nodded. "Your not gonna try my food" he pointed to his heart attack cupcake.

I smiled I took it out of the wrapped and took a bite. It was suprising good. He smiled as I ate it. "Good?" He asked and I nodded and covered my mouth. "It is" I chuckled and he nodded and walked to the front door.

"Let's go then" he nodded as I followed him. We walked outside and down the drive way. "Where do you live?" He asked me as we walked along the road. "Down town" I spoke and he hummed as he carried my bag.

"I can carry that" I told him and he glanced at me and shook his head. "I've got it" he told me and I nodded. "Mind if I smoke?" I asked and he shook his head. I lit a cigarette and we kept walking.

"So. Why do you wanna leave?" He asked me and I looked at him. "Why do you wanna stay?" I countered and he smiled. "Well these guys gave me a home. Somthing I had never had before" he shrugged.

"I meet some really great people. They got me back on my feet from a really dark place" he told me and I nodded. "What happened? If you dont mind me asking" I spoke. "Were swapping stories? Fun" he nodded.

"Well. I never knew my parents. I grew up in foster care my whole life. After you reach a certain age it becomes almost impossible to get adopted" he started. "I turned 14 and I had officially givin up" he glanced at me and I took a drag if my cigarette.

"So I ran off. I lived on the street for a couple months and one night a couple guys found me. Drunk off everything" he spoke quietly and looked at the ground.

"They beat me half to death and left me in some alleyway. I had so little and I limped my way to a hospital. They helped of course, but later figured out I had no way to pay them" he sighed and shrugged.

"I was 14 of course I didn't have any money" he laughed. "So I was healed up and put in juvie for a year and a half" he spoke. "I got out and still didnt have anywhere to go. So I lived with drug dealers and I did what they did. I beat people up and shit" he told me.

"I was gonna get out of the life of course. I thought I was really smart at age 17. Said to my self I'll steal a bunch of these peoples money. Jump the border then get out. I was golden" he nodded.

"But that wasnt the case. Even before I could steal the cash and what ever some how the leader found out. Again I was beat down and they took everything from me. Everything" he repeated.

"I ended up back in the hospital and thank God Sam and Ryan showed up cause my ass would have been back in jail" he told me and I looked at him.

"They paid for everything. Showed me there family and quickly everyone excepted me as they do everyone" he laughed. "I got a job, I found the boy of my dreams" he smiled and looked at the ground while he kicked a rock.

"Its been 2 years and I couldnt imagine what life would have been like if I hadn't of come here" he shook his head and we were getting in to town now.

"They really helped me  become a better person. If it wasnt for what I had right now I would probably be in some ditch with a needle in my arm. They saved me even though I was an asshole" he chuckled and shook his head.

"You shouldnt take help for granted. They dont want anything in return. All they want to do is help, and when your ready they let you leave. No money or anything comes back to them" he shook his head.

I looked at the ground I hadn't noticed that my eyes were watering. I quickly wiped away the tears and looked at him.

"I'm sorry" I told him and he shrugged. "Dont be. But not all people are out to get you or are here to take" he spoke and I nodded. "Its hard to trust people and I get that, but once you do. You'll see life isnt all about what people are after. Some just wanna help" he spoke and I wiped my eyes again.

"John" I spoke after a second and he looked at me. "Is it-"  I stopped walking and sighed. He stopped and looked back at me as he smiled. "No. Its not to late to go back, but only if that's what you really want" he told me and I nodded a little bit. He jumped and smiled.

"Good. I really didnt want you to leave. No one did" he spoke and I nodded. He kept walking down the street and I was confused. "Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Were gonna return this" he told me and I nodded and caught up with him. We left the bag by the back door and we walked back to the house. We sat on the couch and started to watch tv.