2🥀

Excuse any mistakes 🙃

Tyanna

I sat in the choir listening to my aunt preach, the sermon was about blaming everyone but yourself. I felt like Jada needed to here that because I feel that she blames everyone but that person who caused whatever pain or harm to her and takes it out on me. I just don't understand, what person would want to hurt another without a stainable reason. What did I ever do to her...

And sometimes you have to fool with niggas— mhh I mean people. See they blame everything on the pastor and First Lady but won't look at themselves. Ya know you gots some folks out there that just blame every little thing on anyone when the only one at fault is them. 

She stayed on the subject for about 30 more minutes until it was time for the choir to sing the last selection. Auntie Doe stood beside me as she started it off. It was a song aunt Karen would normally sing but for some reason she wanted me to do it.

"You can do it Tyanna." She handed me the mic as aunt Karen looked and smiled at me.

I've never seen the righteous forsaken
Nor a seed begging for bread
Righteous exalts the nation
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly
Nor seath in the seat of scornful
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water
And he shall bring forth fruit in his season
Whatsoever he do shall prosper....

By the time I was finish everyone was standing and clapping. Auntie Doe showed all her whites and mouthed the words "I'm proud of you." To me. 

We finally gathered our things leaving as Auntie Doe kept going on and on about how I sounded.

"Tyanna baby, we haven't heard that song in a couple of years and for you to sing it like that. I felt it, you did great. I told you put that shyness aside. There's not need to be shy when you're singing for the lord."

"That's right, we're so proud of you Tyanna."

"Proud enough to make me some yams."

"I think so." I smiled at her as we continued our ride home.

"Karen don't be putting all that sugar on them sweet potatoes now." Aunt Jacky decided to show up as aunt Karen and Doe we're going going on and on about her yams

"Listen you don't tell me how much sugar to put on my potatoes."

"You look like you dumped the whole thing of sugar in there. You don't need all that when I make mines I don't use all that."

"See that's the problem you think that things oughta go your way but see that what's make god so magnificent—." Out of nowhere aunt doe starts speaking in tongues. We just looked at her.

"Now Dorinda."

"Hey!" I couldn't do nothing but laugh.

"Listen here I put as much sugar as I want on mines because that's my business. Now the way you cook yours is your business. Just know that these are going to be refreshing to my soul—."

"Mines too sista, Mines too." I shook my head at aunt Jacky.

We were all sitting around talking and laughing until a knock came at the door.

"Tyanna you mind getting that." I got up peeping out the window first to see who it was. Ion never open the door without looking through a window first cus that's just dangerous.