15🥀

Excuse any mistakes 💮

Jada

So tap was finally out the hospital after almost two weeks and she wanted to go to church even though her aunt Karen told her she didn't have to. Tap doesn't know that aunt Karen is having a special service just for her because today is the day that Tyanna is officially Karen's daughter so I know it's gonna be emotional.

"Tyanna come on we're gonna be late."

"I'm coming baby lemme just fix my lipstick."

"It's not gonna matter ima kiss it off later." I grabbed her hand.

"A holy person in the streets, but a little devil in the sheets. Let's go before we don't leave here at all." I don't know what it is, but knowing she's a sanctified but still got a little street in her to set it off is just so sexy to me.

We arrived at church the only difference was Tyanna wasn't singing with the choir. Sat in the first pew with me holding tightly to my hand.  Her aunt Dorinda was singing a song and it was so beautiful man you couldn't help but have tears in your eyes. Tyanna tears couldn't stop falling.

"Ooh through the mist of it all, the mist of it all. I am still here and it's by the grace of god. Can I sing that verse one more time?"

"Go head Dorinda." Karen stood you walking down to Tyanna and wiped her eyes

"When I look back over my life
And I see all the things the Lord's brought me through;
Been through trials, sickness, and suffering,
I thank the Lord, He's blessed me still
I could have lost the faith
And I could have fell from His grace
Now I can say, that I'm still here
And it's by the grace of God"

"You're a survivor baby, don't shed yet another tear. You're the strongest I've seen and to have bared a blessing to be apart of my life." Tyanna held my hand tighter as more tears fell and she broke down completely.

"Now I can say, He's brought me all the way,
(through the midst of it all),
I am still here,
It's by the grace of God
I am still here,
It's by the grace of God". 

It was as if she was singing it directly towards her Dorinda came down and sang right to her.

"You're still here Tyanna, through all you've went through you're still here." Karen grabbed her hand as they walked back up on the pulpit.

"Ya know recently there was incident that changed me. I've began to realize how much a person meant to me and how much I knew that if something was to happen to them there would be no me. When I say no me I mean as as a person they're are people in your life that can help make you into who you are, contribute to the person you've grown to be and this person without them I feel as I would be where I'm at right now, to know what I know. To understand what it takes to actually be there, to stand for and take care of something. To share your life with and your love and learn more than what you've ever could've known." 

"Today is the day of something I should've done years ago." She told me to come here so I went and stood by Tyanna grabbing her hand. She pulled out a paper handing it towards me and I read it as my eyes widened and Tyanna started full blown crying.

"I've always claimed you as my daughter, now you're really mines. I love you Tyanna, you've been the best thing to ever happen to me. Thank you for being apart of my life, one of the greatest things to me."

I wiped her eyes. As Karen pulled her into a tight hug.

"Alright now before we go I was wondering could we have a little church right quick."

"Yea!" Ok cause I feel like I knew what was about to take place time she passed the mic to Tyanna.

"Go ahead."Her aunt Karen whispered in her ear, I think she was nervous.

"Clap yo hands and praise him." That growl she had oh lord. I just knew we were gonna be thirty minutes late getting up out of here today.

She continued to hold my hand while singing.

"I will bless the lord at all times, his praise shall continya, continya, continya, continya." She sounded just like her aunt Karen. The mannerism and all just damn near straight like her.

It was the hand that goes back every time they hit that continya for me. Aunt Karen started singing with her and oh boy we didn't get out til 2.

"Wheww Karen, whew Tyanna. Like mother like daughter."

"Yea." Tyanna was still emotional about aunt Karen fully adopting her. I mean I get it I'd be a cry baby too.

"How you feel baby?"

"Oh man just so many emotions."

"I can tell come with me for a minute." I snuck her away while her aunts wasn't paying attention. We went upstairs to her old room, where I closed and locked the door.

"Come here."

"No ma'am."

"Nah uh."

"Come here." I pulled her into me kissing her.

"Jada."

"Nun I'm just proud of you, really baby."

"Thank you." I lifted her chin so we could look at each other. She was one of a kind and I was more than blessed to call her mines.

"One more." I whispered against her lips kissing her as I picked her up sitting her on top the dresser.

"I love you."

"I love you." I was inching closer to her neck as her hands was going up under my shirt. Was we ready for this step I know it's been a month after the incident and us losing our child.

I was gonna go on her actions wasn't gone try to rush it though. By the way she was feeling on me I could tell she wanted to but there was still a little something holding her back. She pecked my lips one more time before pulling away.

"When we get home. Ok."

"You're serious?"

"I am."

"Y'all two come on from down there and quit trying to be nasty."

"We won't at least not yet."

"Girl come on before she come up here."

"Alright."

I would say that after the situation this was a beginning of a new life for the both of us....