Chapter 7 -Who's going?-

Aesop's P.O.V

     As I walked away from this strange guy, I couldn't care less if he wanted to apologize on Vera's behalf. It's not like I wanted to start an argument or want anybody to feel for me, but talking back is just going to be a waste of my time anyways- 

     "Hey, Aesop," someone called me. Was it that Lucky guy again? Turning around to see who was calling my name, I realized everybody around me were too busy. Not even having the chance to look at my direction. Had I been dreaming? But more importantly, why was that voice so familiar? 

     Shaking off those thoughts, I went back and sat down on the ground. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer before the game begins . . .

     As we were waiting for the next round to begin, it didn't take long for Monokuma to show up right in front of our faces. "Who's excited for the next round?"

     Everyone in the room looked at each other for a moment, unsure whether they were excited or not. One thing for sure, I'm not all that excited. But I guess my opinion doesn't matter anyway now that Monokuma had finally returned to begin the next match. 

     "This time, I'll let you all decide who should begin the next round together, just so you guys are aware of who are your teammates," Monokuma explained, "It's a little token from me for winning the first round, anyways."

     "I'll go," answered Tracy, pulling up both of her sleeves. "It's not like I'm afraid of any hunter, besides," she smiled, "I like to show off my mechanic skills."

     She's so brave. Yet, so boring and chatty. I glanced around the others in the room, none of them looked too comfortable in joining the second match. But it didn't take long before I spotted someone approaching Tracy, "I'll go with you, Tracy," a guy with a helmet said, holding one of his items. It appears to be some sort of disk or was it magnet I sensed?

     "Alright then," Tracy gave a thumps up at him, "Now, who's next?"

     Silence. . .

     "If you guys don't hurry up," Monokuma warned, "I'm going to have to choose by force, ya know!"

     "Fine, I'll go," the guy across from me said, "It's not like I have any choice, by the way." 

     "Way to go, Kurt!" Norton said, "And who's the lucky last one to join us?"

     Everyone looked around curiously as to who should be in this group while I just slumped down on the wall behind me, almost falling asleep of boredom. Who cares about this game? I just want to leave this place already. But then again, if I just sit here and watch the game, it'll be a waste of my time. One game wouldn't hurt, would it?

     My eyes focused directly onto the three, and I hesitated. How badly do I want to get out of here? And also, how badly do I have to stand here waiting for someone else to go? Just then, I caught Lucky guy staring at me strangely from the other side of the room . . . Oh, this guy just gets even weirder and weirder every single time I'm near him. 

     Talk about embarrassing as he kept gesturing me with his hands, pointing at the other group. What is he playing? Charades? How childish, really. I guess he wanted me to go, didn't he? But what if I'm not ready? Though, I kind of knew how to play this game . . .  just not with someone pestering me to do it of course.

     "Hey Lucky guy, what are you doing?" I heard Martha asked him. Shoot. Before I can disappear out of sight-

     "Hey, Aesop!" Lucky Guy shouted from across the room, waving at me, "You don't have to be so worked up by not joining, I can tell you wanted too!" 

     Can't this guy get even louder? Wait, that's what Freddy said earlier in the game, didn't he? 

     "Oh yeah, we should invite embalmer guy," Kurt smiled, turning to face me, "Nice to be your teammate, buddy!"

     I nodded slowly, a bit frustrated at him for treating me like he never knew my name. Embalmer guy? That's even more worse than Lucky Guy. "I guess ... I could play the 2nd match," I responded calmly, and to my surprise, everyone smiled at me. But I have no emotions to detect if they are smiling because they felt safe and alive right now . . . Or perhaps they are smiling, because death is drawing near?

     That I would never know . . . But if I die, who will embalm me? Who will make sure I'm perfectly patched? And most importantly, how is the entire game going to end? Will all of us die or live? Not even I~ would know the true answer to this mystery. 

     "Alright!" Monokuma began, "The players in the second match will be- Tracy, Norton, Kurt, and Aesop!" Then laughed, "Who will win this round? And also, who will be the loser? You never know! Ahhahah ahhahah!" 

     "Man, if he keeps laughing like that, it's giving me the creeps," William muttered.

     "Good luck out there!" Emma smiled, "And make sure to stay alive as possible!" 

     "You guys got this!" Margaretha added. "Remember to kick the hunter's butt!"

     "Try your best as well!" Servais said, "We're counting on you!" 

     As everyone in the room cheered for support, I didn't seem too excited. At least, they don't seem to noticed it. And before I knew it, the world around me went dark. Huh, I know this place. It's the waiting room of darkness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Hunter's P.O.V