Chapter 32 -One Target Only-

Mike's P.O.V: "Acrobat"

    I'm surprised . . . And confused. . . 

    I've already finished decoding the cipher 100% and with only three ciphers left, it's kind of strange how Margaretha is handling her way back there. She's only taken one hit from the hunter, which I assume is the smiley face clown, although . . . Did she lost the hunter when she was kiting him?

    If so, it's strange how I felt uneasy about this. Bet this clown really wants to give up that fast, huh? Maybe she's already chaired? 

    But when I glanced around me, hoping to find some kind of sign that someone's being chaired, I found nothing. . . How odd. . . Perhaps I should check on her to see if she's still kiting that hunter. 

    As I was heading over to the other side of the bridge, still being cautious of my surroundings, I felt a heartbeat near the tent area. What is the hunter doing in the huge circus tent? Is that where Margaretha is? Judging by the music box she left on the ground near the broken pallets, I could tell she was really kiting the hunter really well. . . 

    Cautiously, I headed inside the tent as my heart started to race rapidly, and I realized I was wrong. . . 

     Margaretha.... is dancing on the stage? 

     What the hell?! I frowned, as I noticed she and the hunter weren't alone. But also Murro and Servais were watching the performance from the front seats, clapping along to the music. Is this for real?!

    The clown, or smiley face whatever, was also enjoying the performance as well, and it stunned me........ Was it true? Could survivors and hunters really get along? I..... never thought.....this would......happen--

    "Wake up." 

    Huh? That voice... sounds familiar............

    "I said, 'Wake Up!" 

    Snapping myself back up, I woke up just in time to let out a sudden cough. Ouch, my head.... Blinking back, I looked up to find Murro giving me a worried look. 

    "Are you alright? Can you stand?" The wildling questioned me, forcing me awake immediately. 

    "Ah, so that was just a dream," I sighed in relief, before realizing what the heck was I doing on the ground in the first place. "H-Hey, wait a minute... What happened to me?"

    "You had a concussion," he replied back, and then he started to heal me....

     It took me at least half a minute to figure out what the hell happened to me. "Wait, the hunter hit me?" I guessed. 

    "....Not sure."

    "0_0?" (Hmm?)

    ">_<" (Silence)

    "- o -" (Go on)

    "Hmm......"

    "What's the matter?"

    "Funny to say, but I think the music box hit you," Murro finally answered with a small chuckle, and I gave him the 'Are you kidding?' look. 

     And he's not wrong when I stared down to find Margaretha's music box in front of me. "What the heck is that thing doing here?"

    Murro shrugged, "Guess the hunter hates you even more than he hates Margaretha."

    "That thought is not reassuring, you know," I sighed, "Not my fault the clown has to act like he's happy with that ugly mask--"