Chapter 27 -Interesting Pick-

"IF someone is verbally upset, they would probably cuss-- but I usually don't like a lot of violence and bad words so I'm just going to make this much easier without having to make one of them say such a thing." 

     -Taina Zakura

___________________________________

     Vera's P.O.V: "Perfumer"

     I couldn't believe my eyes. . . W-why did I have to lose someone who's so close to me in just . . . This is not fair at all. . . I don't believe this, I don't believe this at all! And the worst thing was watching the executions, the traitors didn't even kill me and this is what they get? How terrible.

     "Monokuma..." I glared at him quietly, "Just you wait, when all of us escaped this torturous game, you will pay for this, you *beeping* teddy bear!"

     Taken aback by my words, Monokuma snapped impatiently, "Hey, hey, hey, watch your language, missy!" His other eye glowed red in anger as he continued on, "And who are you calling me a teddy bear? How dare you compare me to a child's plaything, you little pest?!"

     "You're despicable!" I shouted, my emotions got the best of me as I fled the trial room in tears. 

     Tracy's P.O.V: "Mechanic"

     Gosh, if I was Vera, I would've felt humiliated to be her. Like, who cries over a fake friend that just died right in front of you? Especially when they aren't real and tried to kill you? Definitely, the type of friend that's a 'bye, bye.' 

    "Oh well," Monokuma began with a delightful smile, "Guess that punishment was worth the wait after all! AHAHAHAHAHAH!" He gave an unexpected laugh that echoed across the room. "It's lunch time!" And then he was gone....

    I glanced around me, hoping to find someone at least excited for lunch but... I guess with everything that is going on, everybody in the room was feeling quite numb and... "Hey," I respectfully broke the silence, "This isn't the right time to feel despair, at least we're alive, aren't you guys happy?" 

     "Cut the act, Tracy," Martha sighed in frustration, "Your energy is ruining the atmosphere."

     "I'm sorry?" I deliberately said, "If you think it's my fault, tell that to goody-two-shoes perfumer. I'm only trying to bring up some spirit here..."

     "Not to mention you were the one who wanted to vote so quickly during the trial," Emma pointed out. "And if we voted one of the Fiona's, we would've lost because we never expected there would be both of them."

     Tch, what's her problem? Attacking me because of my small mistakes earlier in the trials? Who does she think she is? 

     "Whatever," I shrugged, heading over to the elevator, "All I know is that I'm starving! And if you guys want to chat some more, be my guest," and with that, I immediately left the room. 

     Jack's P.O.V: "The Ripper"

     As the trial soon ended, I watched the other survivors get out of the trial grounds and began making their way to the elevator... I'm not sure what to think when there are so much drama, so much anger, and so much despair that fills me with--

     "Let me guess," Joseph interrupted my thoughts, and I don't understand why he always sounds calm and collective when he's talking. "You find this trial boring to watch?"

    "Ah, not really," I smiled coldly behind my mask, "It's actually interesting to watch them go on and off like that," I replied as I turned my gaze back at the survivors. "Maybe this game isn't so bad after all?"

    "Heh," Joseph gave me a quick smirk, "And here I thought you hated this game," then he switched the subject around, "Now tell me, which survivor do you find the most interesting out of all of them, Jack?"

     What kind of question is that?! Well, um, if it has to be one of them, then. . . .

     My eyes darted over to several of the survivors as they were about to leave, but even so, I already knew from the start of who I'm looking for. "I-It's..." I faltered, and that's when my gaze settled over to the man in a worn, olive green, hooded cloak with a pair of black combat boots. Unlike some others, he had a stitch besides his mouth and a pair of blue eyes... What troubles me was that when I glanced directly over to him, our eyes met for a brief second before he turned away completely, and pulled his hood down to hide his face. "It's him."

     "Him?" Joseph pointed at the Mercenary, "Why him?"

     "N-none of your business," I stammered a little bit, keeping my cool straight. "It's just that green is my favorite color," I lied. "Nothing else."

     "Right~" Joseph responded back slowly, but I could tell he wasn't buying my explanation. "Anyways, mine is probably... yeah, it's too obvious."

     I glanced over at the embalmer, "Oh, isn't that the survivor who escaped in the 2nd round because of you?"

     "That's right," Joseph confessed, "Somehow, he reminds me of someone who I know... but I can't seem to remember why I--"

     "What are you guys talking about?" Someone asked behind us in a low, mysterious voice. 

     We both turned around to find a god behind us... Who knew a tall octopus-humanoid with tentacles that acts as legs could possibly enjoy eavesdropping on private matters? "Oh, we're just talking about which survivor is very interesting, Hastur," I answered before adding, "But this question is on Joseph, not me."

    "Hmm, I see," the Feaster (Hastur) nodded as he examined the survivors. "Well, I don't have any particular interest in any of them what-so-ever."

     "None?" Joseph respectfully said. 

     He shook his head, "What do you expect me to pick?"

     "You can pick Eli?" Someone suggested behind us. Seriously, how many hunters are going to eavesdrop on us? "But I'm not sure if you rather be gay," Luchino commented with a small laugh. 

     "Don't mock me, you evil reptilian," Hastur churlishly snapped at him. "Even so, I don't want to discuss this," and we watched as he went off. 

     "What about you, Luchino?" I turned back to face him, "You got any interest in one?"

     "...... (poof)......" 

     "W-where did he go?" I asked as I hurriedly looked around me, but I couldn't find that reptilian anywhere! 

    That's when Joseph pointed at the other side of the room, indicating Luchino must've exited that way. "He's already gone."

    "How?"

    "He jumped, that's all you need to know."

    "... But we didn't get the chance to ask who he picks... :( "

    "Come on now," Joseph said as he got up from the bleachers, "Let's head over back for lunch, then we'll start the match soon. And who knows? Maybe you'll get his answer sooner enough."

    I sighed, feeling defeated because of my hungry stomach, "If you say so."

__________________________________

     Alright-y, Thanks for reading chapter 27! Appreciate the comments and the reads! Oh and uhh... this might sound crazy, but please don't let me toy with your feelings on who you think I'm shipping with because... This is just a friendly, yet interesting pick! It's not .... uh, it's complicated to explain. 

     P.S: Don't get mad once you realize who I'm actually shipping with, because this is just the beginning and... it's not going to have any more romance than this- since I don't do yaoi or whatever its called, but just as FRIENDS ONLY. Thank you for understanding! 

     Note that this isn't a romance novel. Sorry if I leave you hanging over that thought for a second...

     -Taina Zakura-