Chapter 53 -Challenge Accepted-

Burke's P.O.V: "Mad Eye's"

     Been all up late last night and up until this morning to finish my final project, I was immediately exhausted, yet proud of what I was capable of. Not to mention that Robbie boy's still pestering me onto finishing this. I mean, what's so exciting about making friends with a robot of my own when it's only choice was to obey my commands? 

     However, when I was still examining some parts earlier this morning, I noticed something that I hadn't noticed last night... 

     Someone didn't mean to destroy this robot in the first place... And I could see that when I was still observing the damages on its body systems... Looks like someone tried to hijack him for sure... But who? 

     I sat down on the ground, thinking hard on what Monokuma had told me before when he gave me those extra gifts of building Guard 26 back. 

     *Flashback*

     "As a token of generosity," Monokuma began, "Your wish for those extra parts to build back Bonbon is granted."

     "Hey, what gives?" I frowned, "You weren't usually that nice to anybody."

     "What do you mean?" The headmaster tilted his head curiously at me, "I wasn't nice to anybody? Well, you got that wrong." Adding, "I've helped plenty, starting with Galatea needing those pieces to create her own artwork, doing my best to make sure the oxygen doesn't run out, following and making sure everyone followed all guided rules in this school, and doing my best to help you guys recover some memories that has been left out."

     "But you haven't given us the rest of the pieces together," I argued, "Not even close, just a one-worded answer was all it takes for me to go blank."

     Monokuma chuckled, "Puhuhuhu, if I didn't give you guys the whole story about your past, then what will you do? Will you be proud of yourself? Happy? Sad? Mad? Frustrated?"

     Tch, trying to drive me into thinking what I'll do? Of course it wouldn't be a good answer anyway now that I think about it already...

     "Whatever then," I grumbled, collecting those pieces in order to build Bonbon back. "And besides being generous, why are you doing this?"

     "Doing what?"

     "Don't treat me like a fool!"

     "Hey, hey, hey," Monokuma erupted into frustration, "What else do you want me to do? That little roach has been pestering me all day! Just let him leave me alone already and finish building that robot!"

     I was taken aback to find that such a useless excuse for me to build Bonbon. Like, seriously? Because of that scarecrow? Ugh, why do I even bother asking him? 

     "Either ways, I must get--"

     "H-hold on a second," I stopped him, "You still haven't told us if the traitor is really Galatea--"

     "Fine, if you happen to want a truthful response," Monokuma paused for a moment until he dropped his head down, looking ashamed. "I might've just made up that part just so she could shut up."

     "W-what?!" 

     Unfortunately, he disappeared... 

     *End of Flashback*

     Still, I don't think Galatea has anything to do with breaking my robot to hijack him. Hmm... It surely couldn't be Antonio, I trusted him. Michiko? Nah. Violetta? Ugh, no way! Joseph? Too over the top to even care, so no. Hastur? Unsure. Joker? Nope. Luchino? Since when does he care about machines besides reptiles? 

     After doing some more eliminations, I've finally gotten down to two suspects. It was either Leo Beck or... someone who I never met like that mechanic from the survivor's side... But darn, I'm starting to suspect it must've been those two for some reason... Although I'm not entirely sure. 

     The reason why I believed this was hijacking was because not only was it also meant for another reason to destroy, but I believed one of the traitors used it for their own advantages first before destroying my precious invention. 

      Since I'm a genius at these kinds of things, I would know whether or not anything is meant for destruction or for another use... Like that little piece of camera they were using to spy on us from the other side, that is... Thank god that huge piece of evidence wasn't destroyed when Bonbon was going haywire...

      Hmm.... First of all, who needs to spy on us? And to cross out on Monokuma and the mastermind, they already have cameras of their own, so it couldn't be him/her... If it was one of the hunters, then surely that'll be a waste of time since we mostly meet up in the main room together... Unless... Unless the traitor isn't in this room...

     Victor's P.O.V: "Postman"

     I wasn't sure if I should be happy or less happy now that I'm joining Demi and Jose's team. But either ways, that doesn't matter right now. What matters is finishing up this game and winning this round is all that I came here for. . .

     Finally the room around me began to glow as I blinked, realizing that I was sitting on the chair behind the table, waiting... And it soon didn't take long for orange sparks to appear besides me, showing the image of my other teammates. 

     "Hey," Jose bent down to my side and whispered right next to me, though I'm sure he knew how loud he was purposely whispering. "Do you think we should leave Demi behind in the rocket chair in the end and escape for the win?"

     "Hey!" Demi stood up immediately while slamming both of her hands down on the table, "I heard that! And if you don't mind, take that back right this instant, you piece of coward!"

     "No way, you're the coward," the first officer shot back. "Besides," he gave a triumphant smirk, "Victor agrees with me." 

     What...? Why did he drag me into this mess? I don't wanna take part in this!

    "Oh, does he?" Demi raised her suspicious eyebrows directly at me. Then chuckled, "Well then, Jose. I forgot to mention that Vera 'also' agrees with my claim that you're a coward," she declared. 

     Vera, sitting across from me, looked pale at that news. "I-I do?"

     "Of course you do!" The barmaid nudged perfumer by her arm, then she hastily whispered something over to her. 

     "That's not r-right," Vera shook her head, "I can't be the judge of that."

     "See?" Jose beamed proudly, "Guess your partner doesn't agree with you, so I have the upper hand."

     Geez, what kind of a mess did I get myself into this time? 

     Since I didn't want to join in their little conversations, I kept silent to myself as I touched the corner of my mouth, and then a sudden thought appeared in my mind... 

     Why did I have a stitch on my mouth? Did I do this by myself? Strange, I swear I--

     "Um," Vera began, waking me up from my thoughts, "If you guys haven't noticed, if we win this round, we win this level."

     Hm, now that I think about it, she's right. Since we're ahead with 3 wins while the hunter has only 1 win, we'll be able to win this level, and hopefully move onto level 2, assuming we can win this round for sure."

     "Well, that's a relief!" Demi relaxed her shoulders as she calmly sat down on her chair. "So, who's the hunter this time?"

     "Unlike the clown we've seen during our spectating," Vera replied, "It looks to me that the hunter doesn't want to show off itself this time."

     "Probably they're too scared to lose!" Jose suggested with a grin. "Looks like I don't really need to play that hard."

     "Don't jinx yourself~" Demi teased him, before giving a quick chuckle. "We'll see who ends up being chaired first."

   Hearing this from her, I took a deep breath.

     Socializing with these two is so hard. I bet if one of them was chaired, they wouldn't even save each other! Let alone heal each other! 

     "So I'm guessing you're going to let one another fail their escape?" Vera gasped at that news, "You guys can't do that!"

     "Hey, don't look at me!" Jose snapped, "Barmaid here thinks she's so special, Oooh~!" He sarcastically responded. 

     "Well, just wait 'till you see who'll escape first," Demi replied swiftly. "So do you accept my challenge? Or are you scared?"

     "Like I will ever need your help, Challenge Accepted!"

     Hunter's P.O.V: "???"

     The hunters were silent as they watched Demi and Jose 'get' at each other non-stop in the waiting room. 

     . . . . 

     "So, who wants to go?" Monokuma asked, breaking the silence. "If nobody wants to go, I guess that means I'll pick some--"

     "I heard that Mary wants to go next," Luchino blurted it out, not meeting her glaring eyes. "She said she wanted to go after Joseph and Joker did, so it's her turn now."

     "Why you--" Mary began, but then she crossed her arms and thought silently to herself, hating the fact that she has to go up against some mindless survivors who weren't up to her standards of respect. "Hmph! Well, whatever-dear-after, I'm sure I can teach these two a valuable lesson of respect." 

     "And how are you going to do that? By acting all fancy-schmancy?" Yidrah chuckled teasingly. 

     "As if you know anything about being royal," Bloody Queen muttered before giving her full attention to the headmaster, "Alright then, Monokuma. Lets get this game started..."

     ~Challenge Accepted~

_____________________________

     Thanks for READING~!

     P.S: This'll look messy during the game. Just saying. 

     -Taina Zakura-