Chapter 28 -Silence-

"Wow, up to 300 reads, thanks so much!" 

     -Taina Zakura

______________________________

     Emma's P.O.V: "Gardener"

     Heading down the elevator together with the rest of the survivors, I could tell no one wanted to talk to each other. Not even wanting to acknowledge one another for some reason. Huh, I guess despair's really settling in right now. . .  

     As we arrived at the bottom grounds, me and Emily held each other's hands tightly as we made our way towards the dining room along with everybody else. "Does anyone want to help out in the kitchen while others wait here?" I asked, clarifying myself, "Since I might need some assistance in the kitchen."

     "I'll help," my best friend, Emily offered immediately. 

     "I guess it wouldn't hurt to try," Demi sighed as she headed over to the kitchen first before others joined in to help. 

    "Me too!" Martha piped up as she and Patricia joined in as well. 

     And it didn't take long for a handful of them to help out while some others waited in the dining room...

     After preparing lunch enough for everybody around here, we all settled on one huge table for a feast. Thank goodness the food provided in the kitchen didn't run out of any supplies!

     Just as we're about to eat, Luca asked, "Hey, has anyone seen Vera?"

     "She's probably in her room," Helena answered back before taking a bite on her sandwich.

     "Well, we shouldn't eat without her," Margaretha said sadly, toying with her food. "Do you think she's alright?"

    "Does she look fine to you?" Freddy replied harshly, "She'll be fine as long as you don't bother her, so let her be."

    "And let her miss lunch? I don't think so," I argued back while taking some time putting some food onto the plate. "If you guys don't mind," I began shortly, "I'll bring this for her lunch," and with that, I stormed away carrying the plate. 

     As I headed down the hallways (where our rooms were located), I had some time thinking about how Vera must've felt living alone in her room. Fiona was her old roommate, right? Hmm, from what I can recall, I guess that makes sense how in just one day, these two must've gotten along pretty well back then... If only things would change!

     "Knock knock~!" I chirped in my best enthusiastic voice, "I came here to bring lunch for you, so open up!"

     Silence . . . 

     "Ahem, Vera?" I tried again, doing my best to apologize to her, "I'm sorry about what happened this morning, you don't deserve this kind of pain... I-I know it must've felt really awful losing someone so close to you.... but come on now, open up the door and I'll bring you a smile back on your face before you know it!"

     Silence . . . 

     "Vera?" I whined, "Please open up, it's me- Emma!" 

    Silence . . . 

     "Vera, if you don't open up, I'm coming in~!" 

     That's when I used my free hand and pushed open the door. . . . 

    . . . 

     No one's in the room. 

_______________________________

     Sorry if it's extra short, but I'll stop here...

     -Taina Zakura-