Chapter 85 -Trial #3: A Captured Memory!(P.t 3)-

*NOTE: AHHHHHH!!! Sorry, really hard to type on my laptop when I'm suffering from a cut on my hand. Anyways, ignore me!* --Sometimes, I talk trash for no reason when I'm bored and feeling down, Lol!-- 

     Lucky Guy's P.O.V: "?"

     "Why would you say the killer might be you, Aesop?" I asked the embalmer carefully and slowly. "Is it because you've got nothing else to say to defend yourself?"

     But before Aesop could explain, Eli jumped in without a second thought, "No, it can't be him! I was with him the entire time!"

     "For how long?" Leo Beck questioned him. 

     "For..." He hesitated, giving Aesop a worried glance. "We were always together. If he would've killed Edgar with his toxin, I would've stopped him."

     "Wait, I'm confused," Helena tapped her chin, "Is the killer a traitor or... one of us?"

     Oh, she must be talking about the identity of the killer... Since there are two traitors left, it's possible that either 'them' or one of us who don't belong to the traitor could've killed the three victims... But isn't this trial about solving who the killer is? What if... What if there's a possibility that the killer isn't a traitor? I... I got a bad feeling about this...

     We all looked at Monokuma silently as if we're waiting for his answers to be given immediately...

     "Hm? Something wrong?" Monokuma tilted his head curiously at us from his throne. "What's the matter, cat got your tongue?"

     "Monokuma, what else are you trying to tell us?" Freddy asked him. "Are the killers the traitors or not?"

     "Who do you think I am?" Monokuma snapped loudly. "This trial is mainly about capturing the killer and the traitor!"

     . . . 

     Wait....

     "But you said earlier that there are 3 victims and 2 killers, right?" Servais recalled. "So if there are two possible traitors, then..."

     "Then I guess you have to wait and find out!" The headmaster ignored his question with a boring look on his face. "Man, this is boring.... Where's the excitement? Do I have to give you guys a little push or what?"

     "A little push?" Luca echoed. 

     "That's right, how about a little hint for you all!" Monokuma exclaimed cheerfully. "The one who has the most grudge on the other person IS the KILLER!" 

     Is this the killer's way of choosing!? 

     "But we're all friends!?" I heard myself say. "Why do we have a grudge against somebody when nobody did anything wr--" 

     And that's when it clicked me...

     There is a grudge among us...

     Although, would that count as a motive? 

     "L-Lucky Guy?" Emma called my name. "Are you okay?!"

     "He doesn't look very good," added Robbie as his voice started to blur. 

     "Hey, kiddo!" Kevin shouted, "Wake up!"

     "Oh no, he's going to fall!" Someone from the other side of the room yelled, and I wasn't sure who it was. "Somebody, catch him!"

     . . . 

     Everything was so dark, much different than I remembered and expected as I felt myself fall into nothing but eternal darkness...

     What's wrong with me? Why am I so dizzy!? 

     And that's when I entered into an image of another world... 

     Is that who I think it is? No... It can't be! Why.... Why is my brain showing me something that I couldn't remember? Could that be the reason why I'm... different? 

     As the air lifted around me, I found myself staring at the Arms factory... 

     "Woah, what's this place?" I breathed, glancing around me with amazement written on my face. "This place... I've seen it before!"

     "That's right, you did see it before," I heard my mind talking to me.

     Was that my insecurities again? Or was it just... me? 

     "Nope, just me," came a voice behind me. 

     I turned my back around to find a stranger, wearing a cloak... He looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't see to get a grip on who he was... Or who he might be...

     "You're... You're Orph something, isn't it?" I guessed with a questioning glance. 

     The man smiled down at me, "Orpheus," he corrected. "Yes, that would be me, Lucky Guy."

     "And you know my nickname for some reason," I murmured out loud, a little too quickly. "Although, it's the same as me- not really knowing my name."

     "I am the detective, of course," he smiled as if that explained everything. After saying that, he took down his hood, revealing his worried expression. "Anyways, welcome to the Arms factory!"

     "You work here?" 

     "Ah, no. But someone will."

     Wondering what he was talking about, I glanced at where he was staring at, and just like that-- I realized what he was trying to tell me!

     It was hard to see at first, but as the car got closer... I noticed an unfamiliar figure driving the vehicle... "Who's he?!" I gasped as I caught his face on the window when he was driving towards us. "He can see us?"

    "Not really," Orpheus replied as he held tightly on my shoulder to stop me from running away as the car drove past through our bodies.

     "I'm dead!?" My eyes widened in fear, shocked at how the car was able to drive through our bodies as if we were nothing but air! "How did I get here then? Where's the class trial? AND where is everybody?"

     "Patience, Lucky Guy," the detective smiled softly at me. "I can't believe you were able to come here to view this lovely memory with me."

     I gaped at him with a sudden bad feeling in my stomach. "Whose memory is this?"

     Instead of answering my question, Orpheus put his hands on his lip to gesture for me to be quiet and to pay close attention to what's in front of me. 

     Yeah, right. I told myself sarcastically, wondering why on earth would I ever come here to view this memory unless it was 'THAT' important. However, I wanted to get back into the real world. Back into the real world with my friends!

     "You know," I began, breaking the silence as I watched a young man get off of the car with his... I believe it was his wife when I saw them holding hands with a gushy feeling... Bleh! "Do you know Edgar by any chance?" Then looking at the detective, "Can you tell me what's in the box that was hidden under the ground, and the letter that you gave to Victor?"

     He was silent at first, but then he let out his breath. "Ah, so you're curious, aren't you?"

     "Very," I added. 

     "Well, if you insist, it's the emergency box given by the Future Foundation," Orpheus explained thoroughly to me. "It contains a chance for all of you guys to escape this illusional school together. Although," he warned, "It can only be used once when everybody agrees to escape."

     "That's easy to convince them," I smiled at that thought, "Well, why didn't you say so earlier? We could've escaped sooner!"

     "It's not really easy as you think it is, Lucky Guy," the man gave me a soft, heart-warming look at me before turning his attention back at the couples in front of them. "You could say, this memory is very haunting. Just as haunting as it will be once everybody figures out the meaning behind... this."

     This? What on earth does he mean by 'this?' This is... Crazy! Doesn't he know how much I wanted to get out of this place? How much everybody's lives are wiped off if we don't do anything!? 

     "You were watching us suffer, weren't you?" I raised one of my eyebrows at him with concern, but the detective didn't get a chance to answer when we both heard a voice cried--

     "Mama, Papa!" 

     That voice...

     My eyes landed on a little girl who appears to be very young and... well, happy as she ran over to hug both of her loving parents once she got out of the car in the backseat. 

     "Isn't that... Emma!?" I almost let out a gasp, but contained myself when I watched the little gardener showing her parents the bouquet of yellow flowers she made. 

     "Aren't they pretty?" The little Emma smiled up at her parents with happiness. "I made these just for you when we're visiting uncle's house today!"

     "Yes, sure, they're pretty," Her mother took the flowers in her hands and patted her daughter's head gently. "Now run along, dear~! Me and your father have something important to discuss."

     Giving an excited laugh, Emma went along, gathering as many wild flowers as she could while I watched her parents both gave a sad glance at each other, and I could tell...

     Something was wrong...

     And it didn't take long before they were arguing...

     "I don't want to buy this factory, Martha!" Emma's father told his wife the 5th time. "We are broke! We don't have enough! Just look at how much damage that needed to be repaired!"

     "Martha?" My ears almost dropped dead at hearing the coordinator's name. 

     "Not the coordinator that you would know, she's another person named Martha," Orpheus corrected me with a funny smile. "That's his wife after all, Martha Remington."

     "Now that's weird," I mumbled awkwardly as I watched those two kept arguing at each other--

     "Just look at it this way, Leo!" Martha insisted on her husband. "If we buy this gun factory and make some few adjustments, we could be rich!" Adding, "Your friend, Freddy approves of it, so can't you trust him?"

     Leo? Freddy? I almost choked as I had second thoughts... 

     "Nah, then it's probably someone who I don't know, right?" I guessed, eyeing Orpheus suspiciously. 

     "Nope, you know those two," the detective kept his straight face, and I began to wonder how he was able to do that so well. 

     "What?!" 

     And that's when we heard a car honking outside as a young man in his early 20's got out of his car, and OH MY GOD!

     My mouth dropped wide open when that man entered the building where Martha and Leo Beck were arguing constantly. 

     "Freddy!" Martha beat me to it before I could even say his name. "So lovely for you to come!"

     And I SWEAR, I don't even like the thought of how she acknowledged the lawyer so well! She literally ran up to embrace him with a formal hug and air kisses-- bleh, bleh, bleh! 

     Then after their little greeting, Freddy and Leo Beck gave each other a handshake before going into business. 

     "And why would you think I should buy this? It doesn't look like we could make a business out of this old factory, my friend," Leo Beck said to the lawyer. 

     "Trust me, was I ever wrong before?" Freddy smiled proudly and I'm starting to hate the old Freddy even more. I could tell what 'this' Freddy was actually trying to do... 

     He was going to play Leo Beck like a fiddle!

     "He's never wrong about this, honey!" Martha instantly agreed. "Please? Trust him."

     Taking a deep breath, Leo Beck's face was written in sadness and also in pain as he thought about this for a moment... 

     "F-fine," he gave in, despite the fact that he doesn't want to. "I trust you my friend, so I will buy this factory if that's the case." Leo Beck held his hand out for the lawyer to shake his hand. "Deal?"

     "Deal!" The greedy lawyer smiled arrogantly as he sealed the deal with the handshake and handed out some forms that needed to be signed with...

     "No!" I shouted, but I knew I couldn't do anything about it. They couldn't hear me even if I was a ghost to them! "Is he serious? That gullible!?" I turned over to Orpheus who was only watching this scene very patiently than I did. "You have to stop this!"

     Orpheus shook his head sadly, "Did you forget, Lucky Guy? Anything we do or say does not affect this past."

     "You mean," I paused, getting the hint. "We're in someone's memory?"

     "That's right."

     "Unbelievable!" 

     . . . 

     After watching Leo Beck getting ready to leave as he picked up Emma from the ground so he could gently put her into the car, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Freddy whispering to Leo Beck's wife before she hopped into the car, "I love you, Martha."

     Oh my lord, I wanted to throw up immediately on that spot... 

     "I love you too, Freddy," she almost hesitated when she said those words quietly before hopping into the car, and that was it... 

     "He loves Leo Beck's wife!?!" I cringed in horror. "BLEH, BLEH, BLEH, BLEH!!!" I stuck out my tongue as if to get rid of its horrible taste of sickness.

     "It's true," the detective spoke in a calm voice after I finished puking. "However, it's not done."

     "What's not done?" I asked, but that's when I remembered he mentioned that this memory was a haunting one... 

     At cue, the scenery around me changed immediately as I felt a sudden pull on my mind...

     Blinking a few times, I noticed that I was in the Arms factory again... But only this time, I could hear the sounds of somebody crying...

     And there was Leo Beck as he held the photograph of his beloved wife...

     "Why?" Leo Beck cried in tears. "Why must you leave me alone in debt! WHY!?"

     "She left him!?" I gasped, staring at the detective. "What made her do it?"

     "Guess," was the detective's only response. 

     Oh... That darn Freddy...

     "He can't get away from this!" I snapped myself in anger. "I will make Freddy pay for this!"

     "That won't make any difference."

     Hearing this from him, I wanted to snap, "He deserves it! He--"

     "Papa?" I heard that familiar voice again...

     And there was Emma, watching her father cry as his face says it all. 

     "Papa!"

     "My dear, I'm sorry," Leo Beck immediately wiped his tears away as he seized her by her arm, and before she could scream, the scene around me began to change as I watched him rushing with her to the--

     Orphanage. 

     "No, papa! Please!" Emma begged and begged, but it was no use... Her father wouldn't accept her anymore...

     "It's for your own good, little one," Leo Beck hugged her tightly before handing her over to the head of the orphanage--

     "Oh c'mon on!" I made a face as I spotted a familiar figure taking Emma into the orphanage. "That's Kreacher, isn't it?!" And I must say, he looks a little bit funny if I do say so myself!

     "It sure is," Orpheus agreed softly besides me. "However, there's more..."

     "What?"

     . . . 

     The scene changed again, and this time, it was back in the Arms Factory again.

     "Not much of a difference to me," I muttered out loud, giving Orpheus a strange look. "If that was actually Leo Beck, then... Why did he look like a hot mess in reality? And why did he give up Emma that easily?"

     "Watch."

     "Watch what?" I demanded impatiently. 

     "Watch what he's going to do next."

     . . . 

     And so I did...

     Leo Beck appeared to be drunk even more as he became alcoholic

     But that's not all...

     "What is he doing?" I asked curiously as he wrote something on the wall.

     It read: I Will Find You.

     Then, he took out a match and began lighting it. 

     "Shh."

     "No, seriously! He's--"

     Before I could predict what Leo Beck was about to do, he dropped the burning fire match on himself. Covering in flames, I watched and gritted my teeth even more than I used to... 

     He was burned to death....

     "Then what happens?" I urged myself to ask the detective. "What happens next?"

     "It's right in front of you."

     "Where?"

     "What do you think happens, Lucky Guy?"

     . . . 

     "He was reborn, wasn't he?" I felt myself responding silently. "He was reborn to take revenge on Freddy."

     "...Not bad of a guess."

     "But I don't get it!" I clenched my fist. "If he was the killer, then he could've killed Freddy only! Not Edgar, Kreacher, and Bonbon!"

     . . . 

     "Are you saying that the killer who killed those three victims is Leo Beck?" Orpheus asked all of a sudden. "I never said that if you could recall."

     He's right. He didn't say that... It was more of a guess rather than a true answer... 

     "But," the detective hinted. "Kreacher's death was an accident."

     "You're lying!" I pointed my finger at him. "Why would you show me this? This doesn't prove anything! You could be a fake like Monokuma or the mastermind behind this game!" Adding, "How could I even trust you!?"

     "I see," he sighed. "You're just stubborn to admit...."

     "I don't believe you!"

     "You don't need to," the detective let out a breath. "Your friends have already decided... Robbie knows, he's very smart for a young boy like him."

     "So you dragged me here to stop me from helping my team?" I accused him. "How rude of you..."

     "At least, your friends and everyone else are going to make it to level 5, so good luck, my friend..."

     "Wait!" I grabbed his hand, but it went right through. "Augh! You haven't explained it to me about why you dragged me here! And how do we plan to stop this killing game together? The mastermind? Who are they!?"

     . . . 

     "He... knows... about revenge... He-- knows."

     . . . 

     "Who knows?" I questioned him, although I couldn't see him anymore.

     Unfortunately, I have to strain myself to hear his next words, "Once a cheater, always... a cheater."

     And just like that, I was alone in the darkness until I felt a wave of cold hands choking me...

     Gasping for air, I was finally awake! 

     "Lucky Guy, you're back!" Emily pulled me up from the bleachers slowly. "How are you feeling? Dizzy? Tired? Sleepy?"

     What...?

     "You drifted into a heavy sleep, you moron!" Tracy called from the other side, "But thank heavens, you're alive!"

     Did I just see how happy she was to see me? Oh well, must've been a dream...

     "So what happened?" I asked as I headed into my spot. "What did I miss?"

     "Robbie just figured out who one of the killers was," Emma's shoulder dropped and I caught her rubbing her arms as if she doesn't want to say who it was...

     "You did?" I turned my attention to Robbie, amazed at how he was able to do it without my help. "Who is it?"

     The axe boy answered, "Why, one of the killers is Leo Beck!"

     At that name, I could feel myself shaken at that thought...

     "What about the other traitor?"

     "Leo Beck isn't a traitor," Freddy corrected me, and I eyed him closely. "He's just a killer."

     "Fine, I killed Kreacher and Edgar!" Leo Beck accepted his defeat. "So what? IT was an accident!"

     That word: accident hit me like a rock...

     "Papa!" Emma shook her head sadly. "You... I can't believe it..."

     . . . Is that the entire truth? I think not.

     "The truth is," I got everyone's attention on me, still thinking about what Orpheus's message was..."Leo Beck accidentally killed Kreacher, and his main target was actually..." I met Freddy in the eye.  "You. I know exactly what you did to confuse Leo Beck into NOT killing you."

     "I have no idea what you're talking about!" Freddy protested angrily. "I didn't kill anybody, I swear!"

     "I didn't say you did," I clarified myself. "I said, 'you confused him.'"

     Freddy backed away from me, and I could tell he was worried...

     "Um, what's going on?" Martha asked. 

     "Yeah, this is getting a little bit weird," Luchino agreed. 

     . . . 

     "What did Freddy do?" Robbie piped up, but I could tell, he knew what I was thinking--

     "Freddy," I glanced at him in pain, "Did you... Did you seriously think you could get away from something like this?" I asked him breathlessly. "You cheater!"

________________________

     Note: This is interpreted in MY Version on Leo's backstory, so don't take this quite seriously if my wordings were all wrong! Although, the gist of it is true. However, I might've left out some parts, so hopefully that's not important right now if ya know what I mean. For example: I'm not sure if Emma picked yellow flowers and given them to her parents as a small gift when she was young, I just added that part to make it look realistic enough. Get it now? Okay~!

     Thanks for reading, you guys! You readers are amazing if you've reached this far~! Stay safe and have a good day/night! 

        ( )( )
     \(^o^)/

     -Taina Zakura-