Chapter 90 -Open Your Eyes!-

Lucky Guy's P.O.V: "?"

     I turned away from the impostor and sighed out loud. "W-why...?"

     The traitor raised her eyebrows at me, studying me curiously. "Why what?"

     . . .

     "Why did you..." I stared down at my soaked clothes. "Save me?"

     The traitor tilted her head at me as if she must've mistaken my question for some reason. "Save you? Why would I do that? We're still trapped down here," she pointed around us.

     She's right.

     We're still stuck down here for god knows what, but at least... We're not drowned to death, that is.

     "Tell me," I began, staring up at her. "What made you change your mind?"

     "About...?"

     "I could've drowned to death..."

     "Oh, Lucky Guy~" She smiled as she crossed her arms proudly. "If it wasn't for you, I would've died with you!"

     Hearing this, I frowned slightly at her. "W-what do you mean by that?"

     She hesitated for a moment before responding, "I thought Junko loves me... But it turns out," she gritted her teeth as she looked away from me, "She never loves me."

     "What do you love about Junko? Who is she, really?" I questioned the traitor.

     "Hm..." The traitor turned away from me so I couldn't see her facial expressions on her face. "You could say~ Junko the Ultimate Fashionista is my idol, the one that I worshiped the most with my associates, but of course!" Adding, "Just like the Remnants of Despair, but..."

     "Who are they?"

     "Oh, they're just like us!" She sadly sighed. "But different. More... more into Junko, actually... Meaning, they'll do anything-- And I mean, ANYTHING for Junko Enoshima."

     . . .

     Well, that explains it...

     . . .

     "Besides, I haven't introduced myself, have I?"

     "No, you haven't," I slowly got up on the ground. "Who are you? The truth this time..."

     The not-real-Emma smirked at me as she stood in front of me, face to face. "You could say, I'm an outsider, not really a spectator..."

     "Spectator?"

      "Everybody in here is being recorded on live TV," she explained it to me.

     Live TV? That sounds a lot familiar from the 3rd trial! Y-yeah, that's right... Monokuma had mentioned that... But he didn't tell us what it means...

     "H-how does that explain who you really are?" I asked, wanting more information from her.

     She sighed. "Fine, if you want to know... My real name is..."

     . . .

     "Actually, I have no idea," the traitor chuckled nervously. "I'm just like you guys, my memories are erased as well!"

     Wait... What!?

     "But...But..." I tried to find an explanation for this.

     "But what, Lucky Guy?"