Chapter 24 -Trial (pt 2)-

>_<  School is so Tiring! >_< 

     <3 Taina Zakura <3

     P.S: Don't worry, from the other chapter that I posted in the 3rd round where Kreacher couldn't hear Melly during the game, I was only joking. . . Of course, you could hear her voice in her beekeeping suit. LOL. Sorry I didn't bring that up earlier in Chapter 12, just so you're wondering. I thought it was funny to pretend someone couldn't hear her, LOLOL!

_______________________________

     Lucky Guy's P.O.V: "?"

     "Alright, I'll go first," Melly began, "I was with Kevin, Martha, and Helena at that time of the game. But umm, we didn't find anything much besides finding ourselves located elsewhere."

     "And by elsewhere," Martha added on. "She meant endless hallways that kept going in circles."

     "Circles?" Murro repeated, "You don't say...."

     What's with the circles others are experiencing? That's quite odd... me and my group didn't have any trouble experiencing endless hallways before...

     "Our group experiences that too, but that was only when Freddy was with us," William said, giving a suspicious glance over to the lawyer. "I thought he was messing around with us like the first time when we saw him."

     "Jeez, you think I was that bad?" Freddy sighed, but it wasn't frustration. "I'm not the one you should be worrying about."

     "Then you've got nothing to hide, right?" William countered. "Then tell us where you were before you met our group during the game period. If I could recall, you said something about somebody leaving you alone."

     "I didn't say those exact words!" Freddy protested angrily. "It just came to my thought-- but back then, I was with no one..." He paused. "Just like how Victor was alone in the main room with some creep."

     Some creep? Could Freddy be any more judgmental than that? 

     Judging by the look on everyone's faces, I guess they must be wondering if Freddy was a liar. "Hey, let's not get carried away," I began before everyone could pin this blame on him. "Surely Freddy doesn't know what's going on either, just like the rest of us. So, why don't we keep on brainstorming about how some of us ended up in the endless hallways instead?"

     There was a moment of silence as everyone looked at each other in hesitation. . . 

     "Lucky's right," a familiar voice on my left agreed. "We shouldn't blame each other just yet, even though it's a bit early to decide on who's the traitor yet--"

     "Emma," Tracy complained, "We already know one of the traitors is Fiona, why can't we just make it easier for us and choose one of them?" Then elaborated on, "That way, we have the possibility of 50 and 50, how hard is that?"

     "And have the possibility of getting it wrong? I don't think so," Emma stated flatly. "We only have one chance of getting it right and if we end up choosing the wrong Fiona, it's game over!"

     "Well, that was just a suggested thought," Tracy let out a sigh, "But if you guys really want to keep on going, I'm not sure how long I can wait, I'm starving!"

     "Lunch can wait," Helena responded to her before turning her full attention back onto the trial, "Anyways, let's focus on how the manor is set up, maybe then, are we able to solve the answer as to why some of us ended up in endless hallways..."

     I shifted my eyes towards the audiences, accidentally getting myself distracted as I wondered how these people or strange creatures were able to become hunters. They don't seem too eager to watch what was going on, and I don't either, which pains me... Why are we here? Do they know why they are here as well? Are they under control? Or not?

     As I searched carefully across the room, I noticed many hunters were still watching even though I can tell by their faces, they wanted to leave so badly but couldn't. Nothing bothered me until I lifted my eyes up to the bleachers, accidentally locking eyes with someone...

     It was the girl in the wheelchair.

     Her eyes were pitch blackness and... I find it rather intriguing wondering why a young girl like her has no pupils. Her features were dark and different unlike the other hunters as she looked sickly pale with a white straitjacket and torn sleeves. Even a metal band was placed around her head like she was . . . 

     "Earth to Lucky Guy~" Someone sing-song on my left, and I realized everyone was waiting for me to come back. "You hoo~!" Emma tried again. "Helloooooooo~?"

     "Ah sorry 'bout that," I blushed embarrassingly. "What were you guys saying?" 

     "We were just talking about you," Jose said sarcastically, his tone hinted with bitterness. 

     "Huh?" I said in confusion, unsure if he meant it literally. Were they actually talking about me? Since when?! 

     Seeing the look on my face, Jose chuckled, "Dude, I was being sarcastic. Of course we're not talking about you!"

     Thank lord. . . I thought to myself as I relaxed my shoulders-

     "We were discussing if the manor has moving hallways," Naib answered my question. "And we just wanted to know what you think about it since we need everyone's opinion based on that."

     Somewhere near me on the right, I could hear Demi mumbling, "Never heard of such a thing..." But I did my best not to get distracted again. 

     "Um," I hesitated, thinking about that question carefully. If there is such a thing as a moving hallway, that would definitely explain why others are experiencing endless hallways. However, I'm not sure unless there is another reason for this action to occur. . .

     "What if..." I began, "What if it's not the hallways moving on their own, but someone controlling them too?" I suggested. 

     "What does that even mean?" Freddy demanded, "Nobody would have 'that' ability to control the hallways--"

     "Except the traitors," I interrupted, finally urging him to listen. "You know definitely well that hallways could not be endless by coincidence, can it? Which is why I believe..." I took a quick breath before saying, "That's one of the traps set by the traitors!"

     __________________________

    ME: OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!

     I'm dumb. . . Wow, Lucky Guy's SO Smarter than me! Not even the author could think of something like that!

     LOL! Anyway, sorry I posted this later until usual. Been tired. . . and I might start to discontinue this series since... No comment. But as an author, I'll try my best to publish at least 2-3 each week. Take care!

     -Taina Zakura <3