Chapter 95 -Final Trial: Hope And Despair(P.t 3)-

*Enjoy! Let me know if something comes up if that's confusing!*

     Lucky Guy's P.O.V: "?"

     I glanced over at some of the others and they didn't look so well... Whenever I made eye-contact with the others, they reacted very fast: Vera was starting to cry, Norton sighed in frustration, Aesop looking down, Eli rubbed his elbow, Kevin crossed his arms, Wu Chang (Xie Bi'an) shaking his head slowly, Robbie fidgeting his axe awkwardly, Lisa-- still glaring, and when I looked at Freddy... He didn't feel like looking back at me when our eyes met for a brief second. 

     How odd...? Were their memories that bad? I thought it was only Freddy and Emma's memories that are way impacted on their life... I guess I was wrong about that, aren't I?

    "Now that everyone's back," Mukuro broke the silence, getting our attention again. "How will you guys move on after getting what you wanted?"

     The room fell silent. . . 

     "It has to be a lie!" Vera cried, wiping her tears. "I... I don't deserve to live! I don't deserve it at all!"

     "Me too," Emily agreed, shaking her head as well. "I don't want to live either..."

     "You don't have to tell me twice," Bane added. "The outside world is dangerous for us."

     "Hey, what's gotten into you guys!?" I shouted, trying to wake them up. "Are you guys seeing things? Of course, it's not!"

     And that's when everybody's eyes turned away from me... 

     "What about you, Lucky Guy?" Luca asked silently, "What's your memory like about you?"

     . . . 

     "They're. All. Lies," I emphasized my words lightly. "Mukuro's lying! She has no proof that those were our 'real' memories! And c'mon, you guys... Don't believe her!"

     "Shut up," Jose directed his words at me. "You know absolutely nothing about our past."

     "He's not wrong about that," Tracy muttered, hating to agree with the first officer. "We're done living."

     "B-but..." I hesitated. "You... You guys aren't serious, are you?!" My face dropped as I still hold the gadget in my hands... "You are just going to give up, just like that?"

     After all we've been through... I thought you guys were on the same page as me! No wonder, Orpheus was right all along... It is really difficult to convince the others to leave this place! They're all... scared! Because--

     "Your memories," I softly began, recalling what Orpheus had told me before. "They're really haunting, isn't it?"

     "You could say that," Emily looked down sadly, shivering a little. 

     And that's when I paused to think... If only I could get each and every one of them to think positively... Then I just might have a chance after all!

     "So, what will it be?" The mastermind glanced down at us from the throne. "Will you make the right choice by staying or by leaving?"

     "However, if we lose, we'll die!" Helena reminded us. 

     "But if we leave, there's absolutely no way I could ever enjoy my life!" Kevin cried, shaking his head. 

     "Then tell me," I turned my attention to him, "Tell me what's your memories, then maybe I could help you."

     The cowboy shook his head again. "All I know is that I left my tribe after it fell apart..."

     Negligence. 

     "Why would you do that?" Tracy demanded, glaring at the cowboy. "You're selfish!"

     "That's so cruel, Kevin," William added. 

     "Hm, I've always believed that cowboy was always up to something!" Yidhra hissed. 

     Oh no... Maybe getting every one of them to share their memories in front of everyone else isn't going to be easy as I thought it would be... It'll only make things even worse for the one who's sharing and listening! 

     "You guys, why are you even saying that?" I frowned slightly. "We're friends, right?"

     "We're not friends," I heard the gravekeeper replied to my question as he looked away from me with his arms crossed. "We're not even friends at all."

     H-hey! What's gotten into him?

     "W-why did you say that, Andrew?" I began with a worried expression on my face. "Of course we're friends!"

     "I don't think so," Andrew turned his back away from me and I almost felt desperate to get him back into the same page I was... 

     I sighed, but before I could try to calm things down for him--

     "Andrew's a loner, you hear?" Jose cupped his mouth and shouted his words at us. "Just leave him alone if that's what he wants."

     "Hey, that's rude!" Luca snapped at the first officer. "Watch what you're saying to our friend!"

     "Geez! Are you deaf?" Tracy rolled her eyes at the prisoner with an annoying look. "Andrew just confessed that he doesn't want to be friends with us, so just leave him be, you sickening moron!"

     "G-guys," I glanced at my friends nervously as they kept on continuing to throw insults at one another... "You guys shouldn't---"

     And it didn't take long for me to find out that my voice was completely useless to them... They won't listen to me... Not one bit at all...

     As their voices grew louder, all I heard was--

     "It's all your fault, Lisa!" Kurt accused the traitor when he pointed his finger at her. "If this wasn't your doing, none of this would happen!"

     "Shut up!" Lisa clenched her fist with a frustrated look on her face. "You have no idea how much I've suffered because of you guys!"

     "Oh yeah?" Demi crossed her arms. 

     "Yeah, like where have you guys been for me!?" The gardener countered. "You left me there to be broken!"

     "Well, you deserve to be even more broken once I agree to stay behind!" Burke shouted at them. 

      "No! We're supposed to leave!" Freddy glared at the hunter and the rest of everyone else. "I don't care about the bunch of you guys, but I'm voting to leave!"

      Hearing this, Lisa frowned at me. "You're not leaving."

      "Yes, I am."

      "I won't let you..." Lisa responded with anger. "You... You ruined everything for me!"

      "Hey! I'm sorry!" The lawyer glared back. "What more do you want from me?"

      "I want you dead!" 

      "Whatever, in your dreams!"

      "You guys talk like little children who are fighting for stupid toys," Mike sighed when he said that. 

      Vera rolled her eyes at the acrobat. "You play with stupid toys, you know."

      "Hey!" Mike looked a bit startled. "I do not!"

      "Just look at your circus balls," Naib pointed it out. "They do look like a child's play-toy."

      "I-It's not what it looks like!" Mike shouted furiously at us, and that was the first time we ever saw him get mad at anybody else in the room. "I was in a circus, okay? What do you think I am?"

      "And you're sadistic," Joker mentioned, turning his attention on the acrobat. "You enjoyed making fun of me when I cried..."

      "Ohh!" Mike's face relaxed. "That was why you wore that happy-face-clown-mask to cover up your true sadness. Ah, now I understand why I love to provoke you!"

      "Why you--" The Joker began, but Melly interrupted them--

      "Can. You. Guys. Zip. Your. Mouth?!" She said with every word being paused. "You. Are. Making. Things. Harder. For. All. Of. Us!"

      "What was that?" Patricia made a face, pretending not to hear the entomologist. "Sorry, but we don't speak bugs' language." And then she chuckled as if that was funny to say...

      I swear, I just caught Melly taken aback by the enchantress's words even though she was wearing a veil to cover her face. "I control bees!" Melly corrected Patricia, and then she said the unthinkable... "And if you want to be a bug to me, I can control the bees to sting you~ How do you like that, Patricia?"

     "Then I'll curse you," The enchantress defended herself, holding out her cursed item. "If your pathetic bees get any closer, that is."

     To my horror, almost everyone was beginning to chant: "Fight, fight, fight, fight!" 

      They didn't look like they care anymore about friendship... Now, they want death to be a part of their despair... 

     . . . 

     And when my eyes carefully lifted across of me, behind the trial grounds, I could see the satisfaction it was giving to Mukuro as everybody was distracted by each other... 

     She knew she had won this game... The game where everyone's lives had been determined by fate... And it seems to me, we have lost...

     . . . 

     Was this it? After all this time we've been trying our best to work together to escape... Had already fallen apart at the end? I... I cannot believe this... I don't believe it at all! Why was everybody being mean to each other? What did they do to upset one another? 

     . . . 

     And that's when it clicked me...

     "Everyone Stop!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. "JUST STOP!" 

     . . . 

     Everyone froze, confused why I had stopped them... 

     "Look," I began slowly, "It might sound weird, but I... I understand where you guys are coming from," I softly smiled at them with hope that they could understand me and are listening to me right now... Especially on Live TV. "I want to share something with you guys... That I hope you'll all listen to my point of view..."

     "Whatever," Ann muttered, but I decided it was best to ignore her, and so I did. 

     "On the very 1st day that we had met, a couple weeks ago..." I started to smile a little as I met everyone's eyes. "We had been strangers to each other... Haven't we?"

     "Yeah, but so what?" Norton sighed impatiently. "What are you even trying to say? That we should continue to act like we knew nothing about our past? Is that it?"

     Surprised to hear this from him, I shook my head quickly. "What I'm trying to say is that..." I took a deep breath, then stared sadly down on the ground. "Remember on the very 1st day that I had met you guys, and I told you guys that I didn't know who I am, or my name?"

     "Yeah, I remember," Emily sighed, recalling those memories. "You were scared. Especially when you realized we all have button eyes when you first woke up."

      I nodded. "Exactly, and as days go on... I was starting to..."

     "To doubt us," Freddy finally met my eyes. "You were worried that you might be back-stabbed by someone, which is why..." His eyes landed on the gadget in my hands. "You took your risk to keep that a secret away from us."

     I looked away sadly. "I never meant to hide it..."

     "Wait, hold on a minute," Demi's eyes widened a little at me in surprise. "You risked your life to... to help us?" And then she sighed. "That's very bold of you, Lucky Guy."

     "I agree," Martha nodded when our eyes met. "At first when I met you, I was a little skeptical that you might be the traitor once Monokuma introduced us that there was a traitor in our group..."

     "Mhmh," Servais agreed to Martha's point. "And after Monokuma gave everyone a slip of paper for our one-word-answer about our past, I was shocked that you didn't have yours, so... I guess me and some of the others had assumed you were the traitor..."

      Oh... I can see why not?

      I smiled gently at them as everyone else began looking at each other and nodding their heads in agreement. "And," I continued on, now turning my attention over to Lisa. "When Emma or Lisa found me in the hallways alone, talking to my--"

     "It's Lisa," the gardener corrected me... "My name has always been Lisa."

     "Lisa?" I frowned slightly. "But you said--"

     "We are both one in a body," Lisa answered with a small smile at me. "But my personality is sometimes... changing..."

      "Right," I decided to move on with that. "After Lisa found me all alone in the hallways, talking to myself because of my insecurities... She helped me even though she was a traitor."

      "I..." Lisa awkwardly fell silent...

      I smiled. "No worries! That's why... I trust you," I sighed in relief. "I'm happy and also thankful that you guys have my back even though times were a little tough right now... But I'm glad," I placed my hand on my chest with a gentle smile. "I'm glad you guys could exist... However..." I sadly dropped my smile. "I don't."

___________________________

     Thanks 4 Reading~! You. Guys. Are. Amazing. To. Reach. This. Far! And we're almost there, just hang on tight! (P.S: It might be ending less than a 100 chapters or so, just putting my guesses out there right now.)

     -Taina Zaura-