Chapter 39 -Where? What? Why?-

???'s P.O.V: "???"

So far, this game looks pretty interesting if I say so myself. However, I'm not sure how long this'll last if they soon found out about this unusual visit-- And I know this can't be helped.....

Please forgive me~ but I can't help watching them be like this anymore... It's not fair. All the ridiculous things wasted just for something amazing to happen and now... I wish I could say the same thing for the both of us...

Now this is what I called a strong desire of fate~ just for you...

Emma's P.O.V: "Gardener"

Hmm... I wondered where Emily's right now. She had told me she had gone to the restroom again due to something she had eaten earlier right after Martha and Naib had left, and now she's taking so long to come back for dinner.

Gosh... I hope nothing happened back there!

As I scanned through everyone's faces, I could tell almost the whole party is here and... Hold on a minute... Where's Martha, Naib, Vera, Lucky Guy, Tracy, Luca, Aesop, and Eli? Weren't they supposed to arrive on time for dinner? What's the hold up back there anyway?

It was already 5 p.m and I watched as the others were busily eating ahead while some waited. That I don't mind, I could already tell many of us were famished alright from hunger.

. . . .

Just when I caught a familiar figure walking into the dining room in a matching grey closed jacket and a pair of black, grey pants with his dark-grey hair tied into a small pony-tail, I immediately recognized him right away.

"Aesop!" I hollered, approaching him with a wave. "What took you so long? Everyone's been waiting for you and the others to show up."

The embalmer gave me a quick glance at my direction before turning away and mumbling, "Didn't feel... so well...."

Catching that as a hint, I nodded, "Hmm, must be that slip of paper Monokuma gave that to us earlier...." my voice faltered. "Isn't it?"

He gave me a genuine shrug before nodding quietly...

Respecting his privacy, I turned the subject around by asking an easier question, "Hey, you shared rooms with Eli, correct? Is he still in his room?"

"He's not feeling well..." Was an answer I never expected him to give. "Having trouble with... himself for a moment."

"Ah, I see," I stared at the ground, "Well, you're welcome to come join us for dinner, and speaking of which... Have you, by any chance, passed by anyone on their way here?"

Aesop paused for a moment...

. . . .

"I saw Vera passing by me a while ago," he answered. "She seems... not like herself."

"Curses," I muttered under my breath, "Just as I thought things couldn't go any better," then turning my full attention back to him, "Thanks for the info and sorry to bother you so soon."

He nodded before making his way down to his seat... Still, I wonder why he didn't have any specific reaction like the others... Probably pass down from a family trait, I assume...

"Finally, I made it back," I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Emily, where have you been?!" I began, "Took you long enough, it's been like, 15 minutes already!"

"S-sorry!" She took a breath of air as if she'd been running away from something a while. "I... *gasp* was having.... a hard time... *gasp* getting back."

I can't believe she even bothered to tell me another excuse like that. "It's fine, thankfully you're here, but the others haven't arrived yet," I told her, adding, "Not even Naib and Martha have made it back with the--"

"Help! Somebody help me!"

Martha?!

Martha's P.O.V: "Coordinator"

By the looks of everything, it didn't take long for the entire room to become silent as I thoroughly explained what happened back there. "Naib and I were attacked not so long ago!" I cried, "You guys got to help!"

"Wait, what did you just say?" Emma's eyes went wide, "We just had a trial this morning, don't tell me we need another one!"

"Hold on a second," Helena eyed suspiciously at me, "Where's Naib if you admitted he'd been attacked?"

I hesitated, "H-he was! And he's bleeding from his arm and even one of his legs got shot--"

"Got shot?" I overheard Kreacher repeating that word as if he didn't believe what he's hearing. "There's a gun here?"

I frowned as I tried to explain the situation, "The attacker left moments ago after I fired my flare gun at them, but I'm not sure if they're going to come back and hurt Naib while I'm gone--"

"Let me guess," Freddy stared directly at me, "You left him all alone."

Can one of them stop interrupting me here?! What are they trying to do? Make me look like the bad guy? That I might've done a stupid thing just to hurt Naib and lie to everyone that someone besides me hurt him? Wow, I can't believe them!

I almost wanted to explode and have a huge melt down, but after taking some deep breaths, I asked, "Are you guys going to watch me in a full panic-melt down or are you guys going to help me aid Naib?"

"Well, what are we waiting for guys?" William got up from his seat, "Let's go!"

. . . .

As others immediately joined in the rescue, some of us decided it was better off just to stay in the dining room, just in case. Either way, I don't blame some of them for not coming.

Racing down the hallways, I led them to Lucky Guy's room (also known as Kreachers and Kevin's room), and... I gasped.........

There was blood stain all over the floor, like the killer we had faced earlier had come back to finish Naib after I'd gone to get some help....

Because now....

Naib's gone. Just like that....

Where did he go?

What happened to him?

Why did this happen?!

WHY?!

___________________________

Alright, alright, we get it... The question is: Why? Why am I making this so hard to understand and figure out, huh? Why? Dunno...

-Taina Zakura-