Chapter 80 -Little Did Anyone Know, He died!-

Lucky Guy's P.O.V: "?"

     Running off, my insecurities got worsen as many thoughts started drowning me with guilt. 

     "You're running away~"

     "The others are going to get suspicious of you~"

     "Worthless. Unlucky. Unfortunate--"

     "Stop, stop, stop, stop!" I told myself as I made my way up the stairs. 

     If we're going to find a way out, at least, get your act together, Luck Guy!
I wanted to tell myself so badly. 

    Finally calming down a little, I decided it would be best if I did more investigation on the other rooms that I haven't got the chance to explore yet, just in case...

     Heading over to the classrooms, I still couldn't believe that we would ever come to this school... Even if Edgar had explained that it was the Mastermind's motive, what was the exam he was talking about? I mean, if the terms and agreement were a warning to all of us, why did we take this chance to come here rather than have second thoughts? 

     I wouldn't even have come here if it stated that the exam would be a killing game...

     Nothing else to find, I decided it would be best to search the other classrooms when I heard voices in the hallways, and I immediately froze as footsteps approached closer to this room. Quickly, I hid behind one of the desks, hoping somebody wouldn't come into this room to find me hiding all of a sudden...

     Unless we're playing 'Hide and Seek,' that is...

     "Are you sure we could do this?" A familiar-female voice asked very gently. "I mean, our plan would fail terribly if we get caught."

     "Don't worry about it," came another voice that sounded a little low compared to the other partner in the hallways. "Just do what you've always done, besides, no one will suspect you for sure."

     "If that's what you believe we should do, then I guess I have no choice, but to start this killing game for the sake of--"

     I let out a huge gasp.

     Unfortunately for me, I should've kept my mouth shut when the door to the classroom abruptly opened, and that's when my heart started thumping in my chest. 

     Oh please, no, no, no, no, no! I can't die! Not now! Please, anybody... Help me! Or help myself!

     "What was that?" The voice that sounded like a young man demanded. "Show yourself."

     Like, hell no, I won't! 

     "Maybe it's your imagination?" The female voice spoke up after a minute of silence as they began circulating this room. 

     "Of course not! I heard it somewhere here."

     As a survivor who's ultimate talent is luck, I would not risk my chance of luck to peep out my head... Or else, there goes my luck of being in hiding for sure! But I so desperately wanted to see who those traitors are and if I might know them in some way... I mean, one look couldn't hurt, right?

     Carefully, with my back against the desk, I held my breath as I inched a little closer in view to spot--

     Oh. 

     My. 

     Gosh.

     This cannot be happening... Why those two!? But of course!

     As my eyes widened in horror at seeing Emily and Kurt searching around the room, I could not accept the fact that those 'two' might be the actual traitors! 

     And that's when it hit me...

     The only ones who could've known about the journal... 

     Was Emily. 

     I got to warn everybody!