Chapter 94 -Final Trial: Unforgotten Memories (P.t 2)

*Important note: This is MY Interpretation on the survivors and the hunter's backgrounds. It won't be too long, however, it will be a short flashback since there are WAY too many of them. So... Yeah, no pressure, right?*

     No One's P.O.V: "Mukuro"

     As everybody closed their eyes, Mukuro watched from the front of the room as she sighed thoughtfully to herself... 

     She didn't appreciate forcing the survivors and the hunters to submit to regaining their past life, although, if anybody ever asked her of course. But what she would still continue on appreciating was to protect her sister from death once again... It was the only way for her sister to continue on spreading despair across the world, and that was the reason why Mukuro joined the Despair group, even though she wasn't really into despair that much compared to Junko. 

     And now that Mukuro is risking her life for this Final Game, it means only one thing to her... 

     She has to win this game at all cost in order to protect her sister. Her one and only sibling... 

     And Mukuro won't let her younger sister, Junko take the fault if she loses this game... 

     "I'll force them to lose hope," Mukuro told herself as everyone was still processing their memories back with their eyes closed. "I'll make them submit to despair. Whatever it takes for you to be happy with me, I'll do it if it costs me my life."

    (Author's note: Sorry to intrude, but... I just realized something... Danganronpa is all about death, right? This just makes me so sad if Lucky Guy and the rest of everyone else are executed, and the same goes to Mukuro if she loses this game... *Sigh* I guess that is a con to writing this fan-fictional story for Danganronpa, huh? Oh well, let's proceed on...)

     Emma/Lisa's P.O.V: "Gardener"

     Darkness clouded around my mind and I forced myself to open my eyes very slowly. And I saw everything that I shouldn't have... 

     At first, I saw a young lady who appeared to be my mother and... My father, Leo Beck... They were studying the Arms Factory together when Freddy appeared to further persuade my father to buy this gun factory that seemed like it was in a huge debt. 

     And after I stared in horror as the scene changed again, I saw the worst was about to come when my mother... cheated on my father with Freddy... And left my father all alone with me... 

     My eyes widened as I watched my father drop me off to the orphanage shelter where it was actually Kreacher who took me in... 

     But that wasn't all... 

     My father had burned himself to death after he had left me... Just before his death, he wrote a short message on the wall, stating that he was going to come find Freddy... 

     . . . 

     Freddy was the one who ruined my life... 

     And now... 

     That was the reason why I lived in a broken family... 

      . . . 

     Then the scene changed again. Although, only this time, it shows me going to the clinic where I was being operated by a familiar doctor... Emily... 

     My body flinched as I watched Emily who was using electroconvulsive therapy on me... 

     It was kind of painful to see my best friend doing this to me, but to my eyes, it looked almost terrifying... 

     And that's when it all happened... 

     I fled, and changed my name to... 

     Emma. 

    'That was the reason why you had some problems...' I heard my head telling me, 'Like Dissociative Identity Disorder and unhealthy obsessions with things that you don't really want... Not to mention, that this all happens when you attended the clinic--' 

     "Shut up!" I shouted uncontrollably as my mind kept racing on and on... "I don't care, I don't care, I don't want to see any more of this!"

     . . . 

     And once again, the scene changed again. However, only this time, it revealed the time where I was given an invitation to the manor... To the illusional school that wasn't supposed to exist. 

     "Poor Emma," I heard a voice begin somewhere behind me, suddenly startling me so badly that I almost jumped. "Or should I say~ Lisa Beck?" 

     Spinning around to see who was speaking to me, I came face to face with the mastermind... 

     "You don't have to be afraid of me and your past," Mukuro's eyes sharpened on mine. "You just need to let things go. Just, let it go."

     I raised my eyebrows at her cautiously. "And why should I?"

     "Because," Mukuro came over to pat on my back and I wanted to punch her in the face so badly, but I knew that wouldn't help me very much... After all, she's way stronger than me. "You're very different compared to the others."

     "And how's that?" I swatted her hands away. 

     The mastermind sighed with a slight nod. "You're the only one who's way more broken than the rest of everybody else. Especially," she added with a look, leaning over to whisper in my ears. "Who's fault was that, you should ask?" 

     I stood dumbfounded at what else I should say to argue my point, but... 

     I'm lost in words... 

     "I-I'm sure Freddy didn't mean to," I hesitated, staring down uncomfortably as I fidgeted my hands. "A-And the same goes to Emma and my mother--"

     "Is that so?" Mukuro met my eyes. "No wonder you're so weak, you're just like a puppy who listens and does others' bidding without being asked."

     "Well, what about you?" I countered. "You followed your sister's bidding, don't you?"

     "That was out-of-love."

     "T-Then so am I!"

     "Hmph, you don't get it," Mukuro crossed her arms, pointing at the scene in front of us. "Maybe you should talk to them."

     Curious as to what she was talking about, I was astonished to find my friends there, standing and looking at me with a strange look. 

     "You guys? What are you guys doing here in my memory?" I asked them as I walked up to Emily and the others.

     . . . 

     And that's when I should've seen this clearly when Tracy went up to me, and shove me onto the ground. 

     "Ow!" I fell onto the ground on my back. Slowly getting up, I glanced up at the mechanic. "What was that for?!"

     "Heh, you're so weak!" Vera laughed at me, and everyone began to join in as well, laughing and pointing at me...

     "N-no! I'm not weak!" I argued back, but it was pointless as everybody started to taunt me... 

     And the screen faded to black... 

     Emily's P.O.V: "Doctor"

     Closing my eyes, I was beginning to feel a little bit dizzy when I decided to open my eyes to take a peak, and my eyes widened...

     Where is everybody? The class trial room? It's gone! 

     With a slight breeze, I noticed that I was watching the 'other me' happily enjoying my life when suddenly, out of nowhere, things took a darker turn... 

     "Oh why can't I have a stable life?" I heard the 'other me' sighed as she glanced out of the window. "Am just.. so... tired."

     Was that really me? W-What was I really tired of? And.. Why?

     "Maybe," she continued on, "I have to find what I'm really looking for... Y-yeah, that's right... If the world thinks they're so clever, then I have to be way more clever than them!" She shouted out loud before sitting down on her chair in exhaustion... 

     I watched carefully as the screen changed again and I was surprised to find myself inside a clinic...

     Unfortunately for her, or for me, the business loses money really quickly. Resulting in myself who was about to go against the methods to raise even more money.... 

     As days passed on, I noticed that the business was really successful until one day... 

     I was shocked to the core to find the person who I used to be... Left a woman dead on the operating table after performing an illegal surgery... 

     "And that's where you hide your true identity by changing your name into Emily," someone spoke behind me. "Isn't that correct, Lydia Jones?"

     "I... I was like that?" I frowned, still surprised at how evil I was to perform an illegal surgery on a woman. "But, why?"

     "Simple," Mukuro crossed her arms at me, "You wanted a change in life, and how does that affect you right now?" She pointed it out. "If you leave this place, you'll end up in jail for killing an innocent woman.... How does that make you feel?"

     . . . 

     Freddy's P.O.V: "Lawyer"

     I can't believe what I'm seeing... 

     "Darn it!" I watched the 'other me' looking frustrated. "Why can't I enjoy my life? What kind of a pathetic wage did I really get, huh?!" 

     So... I was complaining about the wages, what else?

     "If only I could have a huge bonus in life," the other me sighed, checking around some papers from my desk. "Oh well, at least I have someone in mind..." He reached out to check on the photo of... "Martha~"

     I want to hit myself so badly... 

     And the scene changes again... Only this time, it showed me writing a letter to Martha and presenting it as a gift of my affection towards her... 

     "Long-story-short," Mukuro appeared in front of me within a flash. "You did everything you can to win Martha Remington's heart, wouldn't you agree?" She turned to glance at the scene unfolding in our eyes... 

     "So, what if I did?" I shrugged. "No big deal, right?"

     "Ah, it shows your true nature, Fred," Mukuro met my eyes crossly. "That you're clever and manipulative in getting what you wanted the most out of," she pointed at the little girl in a straw hat who was busy picking up flowers while Martha and the 'other me' was talking... "Doesn't she look familiar to you?"

     Oh... that's...

     "That's Emma--"

     "Yeah, that's Emma, but that's not her real name, is it?"

     "Oh, you're talking about Lisa."

     There was a moment of silence as the little gardener ran up to Martha and I was shocked to hear her call her, "Mama! Look what I found," She showed a ladybug on one of the flowers she had picked out... 

     "Mother?" I echoed, frowning. "Wait, wait, wait... That woman who I was really falling in love for... That was Lisa's mother!?"

     Without replying to me, Mukuro just nodded her head before turning away. 

     "Answer me, god d*mn it!" 

     Stopping in her tracks, the mastermind glared at me. "If you want to escape, you better think ahead if Lisa's going to allow you..."

     "What do you mean by that? Of course she will!" I raised my voice at her. 

     "We'll see about that..." 

     And for the next few minutes, I get to watch the horrifying death of Leo Beck after I had tricked him into buying that factory... 

     How... How can I be so cruel?! HOW?! No wonder why Leo Beck was after me... He knew!

     Eli's P.O.V: "Seer"

     I was a little confused about what was going to happen, but the answer came too soon than I expected... 

     In my memory, I saw a young woman who appeared to be my fiancée, forcing me to attend  the invitation from this illusional school due to finance problems... 

     And I accepted it without putting much of a thought into the risky consequences for the game... 

     "You want to know something more about your past?" A voice said, and I clearly recognized that voice somewhere behind me. "Behind the reason why you're blind?"

     "What's that got to do with me right now?" I questioned her, turning to face her direction. 

     Hearing Mukuro sigh softly out loud, she explained, "You still don't get it, do you?" She pointed at Brooke who was perched up on my other shoulder. "You have a gift, Eli. A dangerous gift in which you expose someone's future, that causes you to go blind."

     "W-what?"

     "You know who I'm talking about."

     "My fiancée?"

     . . . 

     "Exactly," Mukuro agreed. "Your fiancée never truly cares about you." Adding, "Or why else would she force you to be accepted into this situation?"

     . . . 

     And if I get to go back into the outside world again to find her... What would I tell her? That everything was a lie? A trap? There was no way she would be happy to hear that we were tricked... 

     Aesop's P.O.V: "Embalmer"

     Staring at the scenery, I remembered everything almost too quickly to be true before it began... 

     Jerry Carl was my mentor for learning how to embalm... 

     And after I got expelled from school, stating that it was because of my autism (mental disorder), I became Jerry's full time apprentice...

     At first glance, I never really expected death to 'help' people, but as time goes on, I learn to adapt to this new change in which Jerry had taught me... 

     "That's right," I heard someone besides me. "You were under the influence of Jerry's manipulations."

     I looked away, not wanting to speak to her. 

     "Quiet, aren't you?" Mukuro said without any feelings of emotion. "I can see why..." She pointed at Jerry in the scenery when it showed him killing- what appears to be my own mother...

     That's right... I'm starting to remember... 

     Once I arrived in the rose garden after receiving a letter to meet me there, I came upon my own dead mother... 

     And...

     I watched the 'younger version' of me looking distressed when Jerry immediately calmed the boy down by saying, "Don't worry, she was meant to die one day," he gently said, patting the little boy's head as the younger version of me cried in front of my own dead mother. "After all," he began, "I helped her, didn't I, Aesop?"

     Suddenly, feelings of emotions bottled up inside of me as I clenched my fist... 

     That was his voice... 

     The voice that called my name when I was in the main room on the very 1st day here...

     "Now you understand why you appreciated death more than life?" Mukuro glanced at me. "If you go to the outside world, you're nothing but a goner."

     "What's that?" I asked again softly. 

     "You're a killer, Aesop... Just like Jerry who's actually a serial killer."

     (Author's note: Okay, you guys get the gist of it. Unfortunately for me, I could go on all day interpreting everyone's background. But... For the sake of time, let me just change it up a bit, alright? I mean, keep on reading... You'll find out what I mean by that.)

     Lucky Guy's P.O.V: "?"

     When my eyes were shut tight in a second, I could feel the adrenaline in my mind and body... 

     It was as if I was being dragged farther away into my mind... 

     Finally after a brief moment, I slowly opened my eyes, and I couldn't believe what I was actually seeing... 

     Everything was kind of pitch dark for me... 

     Just then, I heard someone walking towards me...

     "Who's there?" I shouted, my heart started to race at what's going on. 

     "It's me," a familiar voice said, and I could make out an outline shape of a figure in the darkness. "Mukuro."

     "Mukuro?" I raised my eyebrows at her. "W-What are you doing here in my memories?"

     "Ah, but you see," Mukuro began as the light around us started to get brighter, and I could see everything right now... 

     Unlike the scenery that I was supposed to look at, everything was now completely white.... 

     "This isn't your memories, Lucky Guy," the Ultimate soldier said. "It's nobody's actually."

     "W-what do you mean?" I took a step back away from her. "I thought I was going to figure out who I am, wasn't I?"

     She shook her head slightly before meeting my eyes. "Remember what Monokuma told you yesterday? You are basically a non-existent to the outside world--"

     "But how do you know about that?!" I demanded, starting to get impatient for this. "Can you prove it? Of course not, I'm real!"

     "Or so you think," Mukuro's face fell, and then she took a step forward in my direction. "It's because of your desire, Lucky Guy."

     "What desire?!"

     "You were created to play this game," she finally answered. "You aren't real, not one bit compared to everybody in the room with you."

     W-what? H-how can that be true!?

     "You're... You're lying," I gritted my teeth, still holding onto the gadget in my hands. "Nobody's going to fall for your tricks in deception, Mukuro! Nobody!"

     To my horror, that's when she smiled softly at me, "I believe... It's too late for you to decide." And with that, she disappeared... 

     No... No... NO! She can't get away with this! This was all a trap! Or--

     I paused myself at those thoughts. 

     Maybe she's right. What's the point? I'm never going to figure out 'who I am' or 'what I'm supposed to be...' I'm literally... Nothing. Y-yeah... That's right, I'm... Nothing. I don't belong here. I'm not supposed to be alive... I'm supposed to...

Finally urging myself to wake up, my eyes fluttered open, and I was back in the class trial room. Not to mention at the right timing, the others had also woken up as well... 

     And I could tell by their faces... They were horrified, scared, quiet, and... 

     Full Of Despair. 

_________________________

     Thanks for reading~! Have a wonderful day/night!

     -Taina Zakura-