Chapter 36 -The Motive-

Vera's P.O.V: "Perfumer"

     My eyes fell silent at the piece of paper I was holding in my hands... But it soon became crystal clear my hands were shaking really badly as I turned the paper around...

     And I caught a glimpse of the word in black ink, "Murderer."

     Without any hesitation, I ripped the paper in half before crumbling it into tiny pieces. This can't be real, This can't be real, THIS CAN'T BE REAL! I told myself between each rips, and finally, when it's clear that it wouldn't become easily readable to anybody, I threw them down in the trash bin near the doors. 

    The other survivors seemed shock at my outburst that they too, crumbled and tore their papers, and threw most of it down into the trash bin. 

     For once, we were torn and committed not to reveal our secrets to anyone....

     "Wow, so you guys must've had a rough history, huh?" Freddy gave us a strange look. "Don't tell me this is some kind of motive where you guys started to blame yourselves, even though we can't say for sure if Monokuma is lying to us."

     "But why would Monokuma lie?" Emma silently questioned, "If this was real, then.... then....."

     "Be extra careful when thinking," Murro advised us calmly, "If you don't know Monokuma well enough, I'd say he is a very dangerous motivator, and whatever poison he feeds into our mind will affect our progress of the game."

     The gardener sighed, "I-If you say so..."

     . . . 

     "Speaking of which," Kevin began, "What now?"

    . . . 

     "I-I guess Mononkuma left us to take a break," The Mind's Eye answered, "Since it has been a long day between the first trial and then the 4th round, so it makes sense why he would leave us so soon."

     "Or that he doesn't want to confront these sicko papers if they're real or not," Tracy added. 

     "No, I don't think that's right either," Emily shook her head sadly, "I... think I need to go lie down for a while, my head's really hurting..."

     "Want me to accompany you?" Emma offered politely. 

     "Um, maybe I'll be better off if I wasn't bothering you," the doctor smiled weakly before heading out of the main room as fast as she can. 

    Gee, I wonder if that's what Monokuma's motive is... Surely the written note must have pushed these two besties apart just by the looks of things... Gosh darn you, Monokuma. You'll pay for this! 

     After watching her exit out of the room, the survivors could only glanced at each other in silence as they were all thinking what I was thinking earlier...

    The motive is not to trust anybody..... Whatever it takes to survive..... 

     Lucky Guy's P.O.V: "?"

    What just happened? 

    Those two were usually inseparable, but now this? This is all too much to handle... 
"E-Emma, are you alright?" I asked her as I watched her wipe her tears off. 

    "No, I'm fine," she willingly replied, but we all knew deep down, she was upset. 

    "Let's just pretend like nothing had ever happened," I heard Freddy behind me say. "Or is that too hard to bear for someone who's weaker than me?"

    "What's the matter with you?" Margaretha glared at him, then she did something unexpectedly as she imitated his voice, "My name is Freddy and I'm a huge jerk!"

    "H-hey, stop that!" Freddy's face turned bright red, "Stop making fun of me while I'm here!"

    "Oh?" Margaretha switched back to her own voice, "Then stop being arrogant for once or do you mind if I make fun of you while you're gone?"

    Before things could go risky enough, I sighed, "Please, you guys, stop being so clueless and take the time to reflect on what Murro's telling us not so long ago, this is what Monokuma wants, more fighting."