Chapter 68

⁽ˢᵃᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ⁻ ᵇᵃᵖ⁾

~Jungkook POV~

The party was boring as he thought it would be, a lot of sitting at tables, pretending to like the fancy champagne, watching Jimin throw it back like it was water, and smiling when he was told as camera people walked by. Sometimes he wished he could be public about his relationship with Rose, she always made life more fun; he wished she was with them. Hopefully she was doing better at home, he couldn't wait to see her. 

On the way back to the hotel, Gguk noticed Namjoon frowning at his phone. 

"What's wrong Hyung?" He asked. 

"Hmm? Oh nothing...Just a...Inventor I admired passed away." Namjoon lied. (He was reading the text from Rose)

And with that, JK lost interest. He didn't give two shits about his hyung's science stuff. The boys got in the elevator as soon as they got back to the hotel and he was excited to finally cuddle his girl. 

The door barely had the chance to open before JK shot out and ran down the hall to his room. He didn't find her in their room, so he ran to the living room, and then the kitchen. 

"Rose?" He called out, confused and worried. 

No answer. 

He saw a note on the fridge and ran over to it. 

I'm not dead.
Went back to Korea early.
I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly,
Something in me just needed to go.
See you when you get home.
Love you all,
Rose

"No...She can't be gone." He whispered. 

Jungkook ran back to their bedroom and opened the closet, but sadly all her clothes were gone. 

"HYUNGS!!!!!" The distressed maknae screamed. 

The other boys ran to his room, hearing the urgency in his voice. Well all but Yoongi; who calmly walked behind the others at a leisurely pace. 

"What's wrong Gguk?" Jin asked him, concerned. 

"Rose...Left." JK whispered. 

"What do you mean 'left'?" Hobi asked in confusion. 

Jungkook gave Hoseok the note that Rose had left on the fridge and called Rose's cell.

"It went straight to voicemail." Kookie groaned.

"This is crazy. Why would she just leave?" He scoffed. 

Taehyung's knees buckled, and he fell onto his hands; silent tears falling down his cheeks. 

"Tae! Bro, are you alright?" Jimin sat down next to him to see if he was ok. 

"Once again Jimin, this is your fault." Jungkook growled, stepping towards him. 

"Hey, violence is not the answer." Namjoon grabbed his arm. 

"This wouldn't have happened if you didn't take things too far." JK was livid. 

"Gguk...He didn't know, none of us knew what she went through. None of us know what will trigger her. It could happen to any of us." Tae said between sobs. 

"He didn't have to shove her face in the carpet! Fuck this, I'm going back." Jungkook stomped over to his closet. 

"No you're not. We have meetings to attend to this week." Joon said firmly. 

"I have to protect her. She needs me." He pleaded. 

"She's safe ok?" Joon said before covering his mouth.