Chapter 31

⁽ᶜˡᵃᵖ ⁻ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗᵉᵉⁿ⁾

When it was time for dinner, Rose refused to eat anything and just sat at the table looking at everyone inquisitively. 

"You sure you aren't hungry Rose?" Tae asked her. 

Rose shook her head and bowed at the boys. 

"If you were anyone else rejecting my food, I would be very offended. You're lucky I'm fond of you Rosie." Jin jokingly scolded her. 

He earned himself a small smile and another tiny bow. 

When dinner was finished everyone pitched in to clean up and JK sat Rose on the counter. She sat there cross-legged and observed as people walked by her and smiled at everyone nervously. 

Eventually Beomgyu came up to Rose and placed a hesitant hand on her knee. He knew he was told to let her come to him, but he missed her. 

Rose took a sharp breath but stayed still, looking down at him with a mixed expression. There was a hint of fear, some curiosity, a lot of uncomfortable, and recognition. Slowly Rose reached out and put her small hand on top of his. 

"I miss you teasing me." He said quietly, looking away from her. 

Rose leaned down and put her forehead on his. He relaxed into her familiar scent and pulled back, looking into her eyes. He was shocked to be able to read them clearly. Gyu felt what she was trying to say. 

'I'm sorry.'

⁽ᵃᵍᵘˢᵗ ᵈ ⁻ ᵃᵍᵘˢᵗ ᵈ⁾

~Later~

Tae drew a bath for Rose and Jungkook gently placed her into the warm tub. She squirmed for a second but then adjusted to the temperature of the water. Her long black hair floated around her body in an almost ethereal way. 

Tae noticed how tiny she looked. Yes she had always been small, but her boisterous personality had made up for it before. Even when she was quiet she still had this aura around her that exuded strength and charisma.

But now she was small, weak, and fragile. He was willing to go to the ends of the earth to help her feel like herself once more. 

He sang to her as he washed her body, careful not to get her head wet. She wasn't supposed to get her wound wet for a week until it healed more, so he just washed the hair up to her ears. 

She had a smile on her face as he sang to her, music seemed to be the only thing that truly made her happy right now. 

When he finished giving Rose her bath, he drained the tub and had her stand up. He then wrapped her in a big fluffy towel as he held her in his arms for a moment.   

He dried off her body and her hair, putting it into two loose braids down her shoulders. He put her in a pair of his boxers that she liked and a big oversized sweater that almost came down to her knees.