Chapter 16

⁽ᵉᵘᵖʰᵒʳᶦᵃ ⁻ ʲᵘⁿᵍᵏᵒᵒᵏ⁾

Namjoon was walking down the hallway when he happened upon Rose sitting on Taehyung's legs as she held him in a headlock. Hobi was on the couch laughing at them....And Tae was screaming.

"Do I even want to know what's going on here?" Namjoon sighed, regretting his existence for a moment. 

"Tae left hickeys on Rose's neck...." Hobi giggled. 

"Ahh...Rosie... would you mind not killing Taehyung today? I'm sure he's very sorry." Joon sighed again.

"He deserves it! How dare he mark me like his property?" Rose screamed, her eyes watery.

Joon put a light hand onto Rose's shoulder and she stopped choking Tae, who then flopped onto the ground gasping for air. 

Getting up, she slowly headed out of the living room and walked to her room where Kookie was playing video games.

She plopped down on the bed face first and groaned in frustration. Kookie recognized what all her little sounds meant after being together for so long, so he could tell she was upset. He turned off his game and got on the bed next to her, pulling her close to him. 

He nuzzled into her neck and inhaled her soft scent. She smelled like the forest; damp moss, rain, pine needles, and wet tree trunks. It confused him why she smelled like this as they didn't live by any forests. But Jungkook knew she had grown up near one and spent much of her early life there. 

"Tell me what's wrong baby." JK whispered into her hair.

"You're gonna be mad at me...." Rose whined.

"No I'm not. What happened?" JK chuckled.

"Tae....marked me." Rose sighed.

"What? Where?" JK asked, concerned.

Rose rolled over so that the other side of her neck was visible.

⁽ʸᵒᵘ ᶦⁿ ᵐᵉ ⁻ ᵏᵃʳᵈ⁾

"Baby... I'm not mad at you. Why would I be?" JK responded softly.

"I guess I'm more mad than you?" Rose confessed.

"Why are you upset then?" Kookie asked her, kissing her small bruises. 

"I just don't like that he marked me like I'm his property. I belong to no one but myself. Even though I love you both so much, you don't own me. Just like I don't own you." She explained.

"I agree with you. Maybe you should have this conversation with Tae. About your relationship as well." Kookie said, his eyes warm and caring. 

"What do you mean relationship?" Rose asked.

What do you see him as? Is he just a friend with benefits?" Jungkook questioned as he played with her belly button piercing. 

"No, he's more than that to me...." Rose trailed off.

"You do know that I'm ok if you want him to be your boyfriend too, right?" 

"Really? I didn't think about that. But what about us? You are my boyfriend first and foremost. I live with you. Things will change." Rose worried.

"We could both get king size mattresses. Then we can switch off who's room we all sleep in. He's my best friend, Rose. I'd die for him for fucks sake, I don't have any issues with sharing the boyfriend title with him." Kookie smiled, truth evident in his words.

"You are both my best friends. I can't see living without you as an option. I'll ask him later when the time is right. Thanks for being so kind and loving me." 

"You are my beautiful rose in a field of weeds. I love you with every ounce of my soul." JK said, rolling on top of Rose and kissing her deeply.

He rolled back over with Rose on top of his body. She slid down lower and rested her head on his chest, sleep overtaking her in seconds. 

As Jungkook was close to sleep himself, Tae walked into the bedroom.

"Hey TaeTae." Kookie yawned.

"Gguk, I'm sorry man." Tae mumbled, his head low.

"I don't know why you would be sorry to me, she's both of ours not just mine. But the one who was actually upset was Rose." Kook whispered.

"I didn't realize it was such a big deal. I just got kinda carried away you know?" Taehyung blushed. 

"Yeah I get you, believe me, I do." Kookie chuckled, accidentally waking Rose.

Lifting her head up from Kook's chest she saw Tae and lit up.

"Hey TT. I wanted to talk to you about something." She smiled as Kookie pulled the two of them into a sitting position. 

"Come, sit." She said, patting the bed in front of her. 

"Rose I'm so sorry I had no clue it would upset you so much." Tae pleaded as he sat down in front of her.

"I forgive you, just try not to do it again, or at least ask me first. But that's not what I wanted to talk with you about." She said, grabbing both of his large hands in her own small ones.

"What are your thoughts on the relationship we have?" Rose asked him.

"I think its wonderful, you're my best friend and I love you." Tae shyly smiled.

"Would you ever want more than that?" Rose quirked a brow.

"What do you mean?" Tae asked, confusing evident on his beautiful face.

"Do you want to be more than just friends with benefits?" 

"Like your boyfriend...?" Tae slowly asked, making eye contact with Kook.

"Exactly. Things wouldn't change much since we pretty much were already dating without the label." Rose giggled. 

"And Gguk is alright with that?" 

"He was the one who suggested it!" She beamed.

"Really? Well yeah, I never thought it would be a possibility, but wow. Yes Rosie, I'd love to be your boyfriend." Taehyung beamed back. 

"YEAH!" Rose squeaked, jumping forward into Tae's arms and smashing her lips on his. The kiss lingered for a few seconds before they pulled back smiling at each other. 

Tae looked over at Jungkook. "Thank you, now come here and join us." He said with his arms outstretched. 

Jungkook crawled over to them and hugged Tae, squishing Rose in between their bodies. 

"Need....air...." Rose coughed. 

The boys laughed and let go of their prisoner, falling onto the bed happily. The trio spent the rest of the evening curled up together watching movies.

⁽ᵐᶦᶜ ᵈʳᵒᵖ ⁻ ᵇᵗˢ⁾