Chapter 12

⁽ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉ ᵐᵉˀ ⁻ ᵗˣᵗ⁾

As the boys had stepped away from Rose to give her space, Jungkook realized right away that she was having a panic attack. He had helped her through a few of them during their time together so he knew what to do. He turned to Tae. 

"Get everyone out right now, she's having a panic attack and I need to calm her down. Just so you know she will scream when I hold her for a few moments before she realizes its me." Kook told him. 

Even though he was worried, Taehyung still trusted Jungkook, so he herded the other boys out of the kitchen the best he could. They were still stunned and couldn't function enough to move on their own. Once the others were gone, Jungkook took a deep breath and mentally prepared himself for the anguish that was to come. 

He hated seeing her like this. He could feel the fear coming off of her in waves, but he needed to be strong for her. Jungkook was the only one who could calm her down from an attack, but it still took a toll on him mentally. He loved her with all his being and seeing her suffer like this hurt him deeply.

Slowly walking up to her, he picked her up and held her in his lap. She screamed bloody murder from the contact and tried to break free from his arms but Kookie held onto her tightly. He whispered comforting words into her ear as she struggled, and she soon stopped her screaming. Jungkook slowly rocked her as she sobbed into his chest. His own cheeks were wet with silent tears as the pain seeped into his soul. About twenty minutes later Rose had passed out from exhaustion. 

Even after she had fallen asleep JK continued to weep for her. He understood now how much Jimin's words had affected her. He might as well have stabbed her in the heart. Jimin was one of her best friends and for him to say he hated her with no warning absolutely shattered her. 

Wiping away his tears, Kookie got up and carried Rose out into the living room where the other members sat waiting. They all looked at him with relief. Taehyung had explained to them what was going on so they were all on the same page.

 JK sat down in the middle of the boys and they all reached out to touch Rose. Jin patted Kookie on the shoulder in sympathy. Yoongi rested his head against Rose's shoulder and closed his eyes. Hobi took her hand in his own and cradled it gently. Taehyung wrapped both Rose and Jungkook in a warm hug and Joon made knowing eye contact with Kook as he squeezed his knee. Everything was ok for now. 

They all sat on the couch for what felt like eternity until they heard her whisper, "I'm sorry." 

"What for love?" Jin asked, petting her hair. 

"For scaring you guys, I didn't know what I was doing. I just couldn't take it anymore." Rose mumbled, feeling ashamed.

"When are you gonna realize that we love you no matter what you do." Tae said, kissing her shoulder. 

 "Everyone has their moments where they lose their grip. It's what makes us human Rose." Namjoon said with a sad smile. 

"We want you to know that you can trust us to keep you safe. You are allowed to show emotion around us every once and a while." Yoongi smiled, his head rested in her lap. 

"Its ok to show vulnerability sometimes. We are your family; and every single one of us will always be here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on." Hobi spoke, a tear trickling down his face. 

Rose reached out with a shaky hand and wiped away Hobi's tear. Her hand lingered on his cheek and she slowly leaned forward and kissed his forehead. 

⁽ᵗᵒʷᵉʳ ᵒᶠ ᵍᵒᵈ ⁻ ˢᵗʳᵃʸ ᵏᶦᵈˢ⁾

"Thank you guys, I'm just not good with emotions. It's always been hard to let myself go in front of others. I am always the one there to comfort you all, so its hard to be the one who needs comfort." She explained, fresh tears escaping her eyes as she ran her fingers through Yoongi's hair.

"You're already on your way Rosie. I've never seen you cry in all the years I've known you. I know it sounds weird but I'm glad to see it. You're letting us see the 'you' that you keep hidden behind all your walls. Thank you for trusting us." Joon said, pulling her into his arms for a rare hug. 

Yoongi's head fell into Kookie's lap when Joon grabbed Rose and he tried to get up quickly, embarrassed. JK stopped him.

"We're all having special feelings time Kitty, you are a part of this family whether you like it or not." Koo chuckled. 

"Don't ever call me 'Kitty'." Yoongi practically hissed. 

Rose laughed, sitting next to him and sliding him into her lap. She pulled his face into her shoulder and pet his hair. 

"Relax Yoongs, you're safe here too. They're not going to think any different of you if you cry in front of them. But you're right, nobody can call you 'Kitty' except for me." Rose whispered to him. 

She felt her shoulder get wet as Yoongi quietly cried on her shoulder. 

"I was so scared for you. I've never seen you like that before. I...I was scared Rose." He choked. 

"I'm so sorry honey, hopefully it won't happen again." Rose mused, rubbing soft circles on his back. 

"There you go, back to being the comforting mother you always are." Kookie giggled. 

She stopped what she was doing and pointed at Kookie with a glare. "You. Hush your face." 

Tae laughed. "Yup mama Rose is back." 

She smacked the back of his head hard before she got up and carried Yoongi to his room for cuddles.

⁽ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ᶜʳʸ ⁻ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗᵉᵉⁿ⁾