Chapter 401 - Soaring Angel

It was impossible to develop a real world business district in Conviction without real world financial backing. Even getting one off the ground was a costly affair that required significant capital. All the goods displayed in the shops of real world business districts were scanned in from reality. And in turn when bought, it would be shipped to the customer in real life. If a company were found to be scamming their customers, they would have their virtual reality license suspended or even revoked.

The Nie Family company needed to expand in reality before they could support more strongholds. As for where these strongholds would come from, they would be snatched right out of the hands of the Tuoba Family!

Tuoba Time popped into Nie Yan's mind. With Tuoba Hongye suffering a heavy setback inside Conviction, Tuoba Time had probably already made his move. Nie Yan wondered how that went. Failure meant he would probably never again see Tuoba Time inside the game. Family disputes were often this bitter.

Nie Yan drew a road map in his mind. He planned to expand the Nie Family company into a conglomerate that could stand on equal footing with any financial group, including giants like the Dragonsoar Financial Group, Glory Financial Group, and Century Financial Group. Only then would he be qualified to marry Xie Yao!

A while later, Xie Yao walked over with her father in tow. Nie Yan hurriedly stood up.

"You're Nie Yan?" Xie Jun greeted with an amiable smile, looking Nie Yan up and down.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you, Uncle Xie," Nie Yan greeted back. He was a bit nervous meeting Xie Yao's father, but he still remembered his manners.

Xie Yao gave Nie Yan a helpless smile from behind her father's back. She pointed at Xie Jun and waved her hands, expressing it wasn't her idea to bring him over here.

Seeing Xie Yao's funny face and weird gesturing, Nie Yan couldn't help but break out into a faint smile. Only then did Xie Jun realize his daughter had sold him out. He pulled her forward.

"I heard you were recently accepted into the Top Military Academy as an Ace. It's an impressive achievement. Your future is bright. Make sure to keep working hard," Xie Jun said. He was a kind and caring parent.

"Yes, Uncle! I won't slack off!" Nie Yan nodded earnestly. Compared to the contempt Xie Yie treated him with earlier, Xie Jun's words were like a breath of fresh air.

"I won't try to stop your relationship with my daughter. The two of you are both adults. You're in charge of your own futures," Xie Jun said with a sincere expression. Kids matured much faster these days. It wasn't strange for them to commit to serious relationships in their early teens. Even so, he wanted to have a proper chat with Nie Yan. If he found anything unscrupulous about Nie Yan's character, he would have no choice but to use particular methods to intervene.

Xie Yao's cheeks blushed rosy red. She never expected her father to be so direct.

"I understand, sir," Nie Yan solemnly said.

Xie Jun nodded. From his impression, Nie Yan seemed like an honest and reliable individual. As for how he really was, Xie Jun planned to send people to Huahuai High to investigate. He had previously heard Nie Yan injured Liu Rui. However, he didn't have too good of an impression of Liu Rui. His personality was too fickle. Nevertheless, getting accepted into the Top Military Academy proved he had some ability. Xie Jun originally planned to wait a few more years to see if he showed any growth. But it seemed recently Xie Yao was completely ignoring him. Since that was the case, so be it.

Although Nie Yan's background wasn't comparable to that of Xie Yao, Xie Jun didn't particularly care. Didn't his Xie Family have enough money already? Any more would simply be a bigger number. As long as Nie Yan's character was good, his mind would be at ease. Furthermore, who was to say Nie Yan wouldn't catch up to them in standing? After all, he had already proved his ability by getting into the Top Military Academy as an Ace, the third to ever do so in the history of Huahai High.