Chapter 453 - Great Prophecy

The residents of the Hilton Stronghold talked about topics related to Mt. Anfrit every day. Even this nugget of Dark Crimson Gold came from that volcano.

After thinking back to what just happened, Nie Yan started becoming suspicious. Only a moment ago he had clearly seen Collins was only a Level 20 NPC. How could such a weak boy traverse so many dangerous maps to reach Mt. Anfrit? This appeared to be a mystery he would never get to the bottom of.

Even though Collins appeared to only be a child, his eyes reflected a strong determination to survive.

"Mt. Anfrit, Mt. Anfrit..." Nie Yan muttered to himself. What in the world did he forget?

Nie Yan's thoughts were a mess right now. He simply couldn't shake off the feeling he was forgetting something important. However, nothing came to mind.

Nie Yan tried hard to recall all he knew about the Hilton Stronghold. He suddenly remembered that back when players first started arriving, after the invasion of monsters from the Underworld and the drastic decline of the NPC population, they received a system notification asking them to participate in the defense of the stronghold.

A fiery inferno spews out from deep below the earth, heralding the beginning of a disaster. Hordes of monsters pour out from the Underworld and overrun the surface. The Hilton Stronghold, a once grand bastion of the Viridian Empire, stands in desolate ruin. Brave adventurers, drive off the invaders and reclaim this holy land of heroes! May the fallen souls find peace. May their wills never be forgotten...

A fiery inferno, the beginning of a disaster... Right! A disaster! A light bulb lit up in Nie Yan's head as forgotten memories resurfaced once more. The fiery inferno was referring to the eruption of Mt. Anfrit, which sent monsters fleeing their homes in the Underworld as lava flooded everywhere. After arriving on the surface, they immediately swarmed the Hilton Stronghold. This assault was much fiercer than the ones in the past. The ensuing battle lasted for five days and resulted in catastrophic losses. If it weren't for reinforcements from the rest of the Viridian Empire arriving in time, the stronghold would have completely fallen.

Mt. Anfrit's eruption was the omen of a coming disaster!

If the Hilton Stronghold was warned in advance, many lives could be saved!

Nie Yan was a Grand Scholar. In the history of the Viridian and Satreen Empires, those with this title were regarded as people with great knowledge, wisdom, and foresight. Having received the blessing of God, they possessed special powers outside the realm of an ordinary person's imagination. They were exalted existences. Even above them were Great Prophets. If a Grand Scholar helped the Viridian or Satreen Empires successfully avert disaster several times, they would ascend and become a Great Prophet!

A Great Prophet was even more eminent than a Grand Scholar. Their status in the temples of the Viridian and Satreen Empires was second only to legendary existences like Karsi.

Nie Yan would be untouchable in both the Viridian and Satreen Empires if he became a Great Prophet!

He already owned the title of Grand Scholar. As long as he made three successful prophecies, he could become a Great Prophet!

For his first prophecy, Nie Yan could predict the disaster that would befall the Hilton Stronghold!

Nie Yan wasn't actually predicting anything. He already knew many of the major events that would come to pass. All he had to do was warn the leader of the Hilton Stronghold before then.

This prediction was guaranteed to be accurate!

Nie Yan glanced through his skill window and found the Great Prophecy skill. Ducking into a secluded alleyway, he prepared to divine the future!