Chapter 511 - Fighting Fire with Fire

Based on their smooth coordination, these five Thieves clearly worked together often. They blocked off all paths of retreat. With the Unveiling Light preventing Nie Yan from escaping through stealth, he could only face them head-on.

Individually, these five Thieves were a step below Nie Yan, Sun, and King of the World. However, with the synergy they'd built up over the years, perhaps only a handful of players in all of Conviction could rival them when they worked together.

Lock!

Ardent targeted Nie Yan with a crowd control skill.

Shadow Waltz!

Ardent's heart trembled. Nie Yan could even evade Lock. What kind of reaction speed was this!?

Lock was practically an instant cast skill. Dodging was impossible unless you could predict it in advance and evade it with a skill like Shadow Waltz. If you were hit, you would be incapacitated for a brief moment, allowing the enemy to freely attack you.

"Everyone, be careful! He's fast!" Ardent didn't expect Nie Yan to still be able to dodge in this kind of situation. He brandished his dagger and pounced toward him.

Nie Yan employed Illusion Steps. His figure appeared to turn illusory as he sidestepped Ardent's attack. Suddenly, he stood behind Ardent and struck out with Backstab.

Nie Yan's movements were smooth and fluid without the slightest bit of sloppiness.

Ardent was caught off guard. Just as it looked like he was going to be struck, Dark closed in from the side. He stabbed toward Nie Yan's forehead like a venomous viper.

If Nie Yan followed through with his attack, he would be stunned by Concussive Blow.

The three other Thieves also closed in at this time.

Lock!

Shadow targeted Nie Yan with Lock. It was incredibly difficult to deal with two or more players with crowd control skills like Lock. One misstep and you were done for.

At this moment, Nie Yan reset the cooldown of Shadow Waltz with Quick Reset.

Shadow Waltz!

In a similar fashion, Nie Yan avoided Lock again.

Three Thieves arrived in front of Nie Yan and all stabbed toward him.

Gale Ambush!

With a burst of explosive speed, Nie Yan evaded the attacks and pounced toward Dark.

The exchange between Nie Yan and the five Thieves happened in the blink of an eye. A single instant meant the difference between life and death. Thieves had too many crowd control skills. If Nie Yan were to be incapacitated for even a second, he'd be dead. The only reason he hadn't fled with an Unknown Transfer Scroll so far, was that he wanted to probe the strength of these five Thieves, so the elites of Asskickers United would better know what they were up against. At the same time, he also wanted to test his own skill. The more he fought, the more apprehensive he became. The strength of these five from the Bloodfiends was astonishing. Perhaps Nie Yan was the only person who could last against them for this long. If it were any other player from Asskickers United, only Bladelight, Smoke Stub, Sun, and a few others could escape with their lives. The rest would surely die.

No wonder Undying Scoundrel, Summer Bug, and the others had died at the hands of these five. All of them were top elites without a doubt. But even they would be in danger if they faced these five at once, unless they escaped with an Unknown Transfer Scroll beforehand. However, knowing the pride of his elites, they would never do something cowardly like fleeing before fighting.