Chapter 454 - Ignatius Fur Shop

About 10 minutes later, Nie Yan arrived in a rather remote corner of the Hilton Stronghold.

There were a few decrepit buildings scattered around, teetering on the verge of collapse. The streets and paths were extremely narrow, and the smell of sewage was pungent in the air. This area was clearly a slum.

As a gust of wind blew past, a foul odour capable of making people gag wafted up Nie Yan's nose. This was the smell of rotting corpses.

Nie Yan looked around and spotted several NPC residents in shabby clothing skinning piles of monster corpses outside their homes. They were covered in blood and grime.

Following Physician Blevins' map, Nie Yan passed through many narrow paths and alleyways before arriving outside an old run-down shack, with a shoddy sign board that read Ignatius Fur Shop.

It's here! Nie Yan cracked an excited smile.

Nie Yan checked his bag. He had more than 20,000 gold on hand, enough to purchase what he wanted for this trip.

Nie Yan strode into the shop. The interior was small and cramped, with monster hides strewn about everywhere, piled up high on the tables and racks and hung up on the walls. Dead ahead, at the center of the room, was a small open space with a wooden counter. The shopkeeper, a short old man in ashen leather armour, had a withered and haggard face resembling a gnarled oak. He glanced over at the new customer, his beady eyes flickering to life with a sharp light.

This old man was Ignatius!

"Strangers are not allowed here. Please leave," Ignatius greeted with an unfriendly glare.

Probably due to the influence of Nie Yan's titles, Ignatius only slightly raised his voice. Nie Yan had heard of people being cursed out of the shop in the previous timeline.

"Sir, I was introduced to this shop by Physician Blevins. Here's his referral letter," Nie Yan explained.

Ignatius expression eased up after glancing at the letter.

"I'd like to purchase some hides and Tailor Blueprints," Nie Yan added.

"Grand Scholar, was it you who used Great Prophecy just now?" Ignatius asked, ignoring Nie Yan's words.

"Correct." Nie Yan nodded. The pillar of light from his activation of Great Prophecy had attracted the attention of every NPC in the Hilton Stronghold.

"Then may I ask you what you divined?" Ignatius asked. As one of the most mysterious skills out there, Great Prophecy possessed unimaginable power.

"An approaching disaster," Nie Yan replied. He suddenly recalled Ignatius was friends with many of the Great Generals. Maybe he was also acquainted with the administrator of the Hilton Stronghold?

"Oh, Grand Scholar. Would you be so kind as to explain further?" Ignatius' tone became noticeably more polite. His eyes were filled with worry and doubt.

"The Hilton Stronghold is in danger of being destroyed. But that's beside the point, how about we move on? I don't think it's appropriate for us to linger on this subject," Nie Yan said, sensing the change in Ignatius' mood.

Most NPCs possessed merely basic intelligence, making them only capable of giving and receiving quests along with some simple dialogue. High level NPCs like Ignatius were a bit smarter. They could think for themselves to some extent, balancing pros and cons. However, they were still a far cry from a real human being.

"..." Ignatius was a bit stunned. He never expected Nie Yan to so abruptly end the discussion.

"Again, I'd like to purchase some monster hides and Tailor Blueprints," Nie Yan said. He looked around at the hides in the room.