Chapter 486 - Wandering Bard's Sheet Music Scraps

"I found two Scarlet Blaze Rubies here!" Tang Yao cried out as he pulled out two gems from the pile. "It boosts fire damage, not bad. What do you need these for, anyway?"

"For crafting an item!" Nie Yan said. He continued searching and eventually found two for a total of five Scarlet Blaze Rubies. Most likely the maps they explored had an increased drop rate for Scarlet Blaze Rubies. No wonder they found so many!

"Crafting? What kind of item are you crafting?" Tang Yao asked in surprise. This was his first time hearing that gems could be used in crafting. Weren't gems supposed to be exclusively for upgrading or socketing items?

"A Wish Necklace! I need one Azure Fantasy Sapphire, one Scarlet Blaze Ruby, one Life Emerald, and one Magic Silver Necklace."

"Wish Necklace, huh? What does it do?"

"It raises the rank of any crafting profession by one," Nie Yan replied. A Wish Necklace was a priceless treasure.

"Damn, that's amazing. Where did you get the recipe?" Tang Yao asked. Even if he was completely clueless about crafting professions, he still understood the value of this Wish Necklace.

"From Master Jewelcrafter Paget."

Since this information came from a reliable source like Master Jewelcrafter Paget, it couldn't possibly be fake. At first Tang Yao only casually searched through the pile of gems, but now he was doing so in earnest.

With close to 300 gems in the pile, finding a few specific ones truly wasn't easy. The gems had to be inspected individually, since some shared strikingly similar appearances. Nie Yan and Tang Yao could only work their way through the pile slowly.

As Nie Yan searched through the pile of gems, an azure coloured gem caught his interest. It was translucent, lacking the slightest blemish, and emitted a dazzling radiance.

Is this the Azure Fantasy Sapphire? Nie Yan's heart raced, and he immediately grabbed the gem. As he examined the gem, his face darkened in disappointment. This gem was called the Azure Mirage Sapphire. It was only a slightly different name, but it made a world of difference!

At this moment, Tang Yao turned to Nie Yan with a gem slightly bigger than the Azure Mirage Sapphire in his hand. "Is this it?"

Nie Yan looked at the gem. "Yes, this is it! Thanks! I can always count on your luck!"

"Hehe." Tang Yao rubbed his nose. "What are we missing now? Some kind of emerald?"

"Yep, a Life Emerald."

"If we find a Life Emerald, we're set! We'll be able to enjoy Master-rank potions!" Tang Yao exclaimed. Potions usually didn't have level requirements. The higher the rank, the more potent the effect. If they could use Master and Grandmaster-rank potions, levelling and running dungeons would become a cinch. Take for instance Master and Grandmaster Fire Resistance Potions. At this stage of the game, players venturing deep into maps with a high concentration of fire monsters could at best protect themselves with Advanced Fire Resistance Potions. This only slightly protected them from fire damage. However, if these same players were to drink a Master or Grandmaster Fire Resistance Potion, they would be greatly resistant or completely immune to fire damage! They could explore any fire element map under Level 100 without a worry in the world!

Taking advantage of high rank potions to breeze through obstacles at this stage of the game would definitely be satisfying.

Nie Yan and Tang Yao continued looking. After going through the whole pile of gems one by one, they still failed to find a single Life Emerald.

"Dammit, none here..." Tang Yao said. It seemed he had used up all his luck earlier.

They found five Scarlet Blaze Rubies and one Azure Fantasy Sapphire. But without a Life Emerald, crafting the Wish Necklace was impossible.