Chapter 507 - Clever Use of the Eye of Kirge

Nie Yan selected a suitable position roughly 90 meters away from Dillons, putting him well within the range of the Javelin Launcher.

Nie Yan placed the Eye of Kirge on the ground and started chanting out an incantation. Before long, the previously dull looking orb lit up as a profound light shone out of the eye.

Under the meticulous control of Nie Yan, the Eye of Kirge floated up high into the air, then started flying towards Dillons.

At this moment, an image appeared in front of Nie Yan's eyes.

From the bizarrely shaped rocks and boulders to the lush vegetation growing along the river's edge, everything the Eye of Kirge saw was being transmitted to Nie Yan.

This image was a bit different from one seen by the naked eye. It wasn't as clear but everything was there. As the Eye of Kirge travelled between the boulders and rubble, a tall silhouette entered Nie Yan's eyes.

It was Troll Dillons!

Dillons looked somewhat restless, moving about. He directed his gaze in the direction of the Eye of Kirge. He appeared to have sensed something.

Nie Yan had the Eye of Kirge disappear into a patch of grass about 20 meters away from Dillons. This item was incredibly small, making it especially difficult to spot when hidden in the cracks between rocks or other locations that could keep it hidden from view.

After failing to find anything, Dillons returned to his passive roaming state.

The player had to stand in place while using the Eye of Kirge, or else its effects would be cancelled. Without taking a single step, Nie Yan retrieved several enchanted javelins from his bag and inserted them into his Javelin Launcher.

As Nie Yan loaded the Javelin Launcher, the image from the Eye of Kirge turned blurry.

When using the Eye of Kirge, the image became clear the more you focused. If you were distracted, the image would turn blurry.

Nie Yan propped up his Javelin Launcher and took aim at the target. With the distance calibrated, he pulled the trigger. A javelin shot out into the sky, arcing through the air, and falling back to the ground.

With a thud, the javelin landed about a meter from Dillons.

Though Dillons was hard to miss with his large frame, it wasn't a surprise that Nie Yan failed to land a hit. He wasn't too accustomed to using the Eye of Kirge, especially since it was his first time. Not to mention he also wasn't that familiar with operating the Javelin Launcher. He could only try to fumble his way through.

Nie Yan continued fiddling around, gradually familiarizing himself with both the Eye of Kirge and Javelin Launcher.

After using up a whole stack of javelins, Nie Yan finally got used to it. He could now hit Dillons accurately. After all, Dillons was huge, so he made for an easy target. If he were to aim for something smaller, Nie Yan might have some difficulty.

Nie Yan loaded up an enchanted javelin and took aim with the Javelin Launcher. With a whoosh sound, the javelin arced through the sky and headed straight toward Dillons.

With a pfft sound, blood splashed everywhere as the javelin pierced Dillons' skin.

124 A damage value floated up above Dillons' head.

The javelin's damage was fairly high. If it were a normal crossbow bolt, at Nie Yan's current level, he wouldn't even deal double digits to Dillons. On top of this, the javelin inflicted persistent bleed damage for five seconds, dealing 30 damage every second.

After taking into account the health recovery rate of Dillons, Nie Yan estimated it would take around three hours to kill him.

At this stage of the game, killing a Level 120 Elite was an impossible feat for ordinary players.