Chapter 422 - Decisive Battle!!!

Soaring Angel, Mad Blade, and the others were chatting leisurely on the hilltop overseeing the battlefield. They were confident no mishaps would occur in this war. Even if they suffered some losses, as long as the Armoured Catapults remained in one piece, they could preserve their superiority.

At this moment, word came that Asskickers United was mounting one last charge inside the Cripps Stronghold. Furthermore, Sapphire Shrine and Holy Empire were also showing signs of movement, with roughly 100,000 of their players moving to surround the battlefield.

"Asskickers United is preparing for a final push. Get ready, everyone! What happens next will decide the outcome of the war! Protect the Armoured Catapults at all costs. Make sure they don't fall!" Soaring Angel ordered.

"Have Victorious Return and Radiant Sacred Flame intercept Holy Empire and Sapphire Shrine!" Mad Blade ordered. "Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors are also sending over more reinforcements!" A hint of excitement flashed across his face. Thanks to the pressure from Cao Xu, Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors were finally forced to take action.

Before Mad Blade could finish speaking, a deafening explosion rang out all the way over from the highest watchtower in the Cripps Stronghold. It was so loud everything else in the surroundings was drowned out, including the Armoured Catapults.

Soaring Angel's face paled as he turned to the source of the sound and saw a red hot round shell whistling through the air, heading straight for the Armoured Catapults!

「Sssshblam!」The round shell was slightly off-target and smashed into the side of one of the Armoured Catapults, setting it on fire and sending wood splinters and metal fragments flying everywhere. It then continued rolling and swept up several dozen players.

Mass panic!

The nearby players on the side of Bloodlust Blades descended into chaos.

"Someone put out the flames! Cast water magic!"

A jet of water blasted the Armoured Catapult and doused the fire.

The Goblin Magic Cannon had dealt heavy damage to the Armoured Catapult, which was basically half-destroyed. The wooden frame was badly broken, and one of the wheels was smashed to pieces.

"It's a Magic Cannon!" Soaring Angel had an ugly expression on his face after spotting the cannon muzzle poking out from the highest watchtower in the Cripps Stronghold. "Dammit! Pull back the Armoured Catapults!"

He never expected Asskickers United to come out with something like a Goblin Magic Cannon. Even the lowest ranking ones had a range in excess of 1,000 meters, greatly exceeding that of any Armoured Catapult!

Nothing was more important right now than getting the Armoured Catapults out of the battlefield as quickly as possible. Any delay might result in their destruction, then the outcome of the war would be a foregone conclusion.

At the command of Soaring Angel, two of the Armoured Catapults were slowly withdrawn from the battlefield. The remaining one was still in good enough condition to fire. But the attack by the Goblin Magic Cannon destroyed one of its wheels, rendering it immobile.

All of Bloodlust Blades' forces started retreating.

...

At the highest watchtower in the Cripps Stronghold. Bladelight was supervising the players operating the Goblin Magic Cannon.

"Fire another shot! Don't let the Armoured Catapults get away! Aim for the wheels!"

"Stop! Let the Goblin Magic Cannon cool down for at least 30 seconds, or else it'll blow up from overheating!" a Tinkerer warned.