Chapter 426 - Instagibbed!

Nie Yan slowly crept forward, paying careful attention not to get detected. Mad Blade probably never imagined Nie Yan would try to ambush him. After all, Thieves almost exclusively targeted casters like Priests or Mages. No Thief in their right mind would sneak right into the heart of the enemy's forces to assassinate a Warrior. Either that player was a frightening existence capable of disregarding everything, or a hot-headed fool seeking death.

「Sun, what's your location?」Nie Yan asked.

「389.676.865,」Sun replied after glancing at his minimap.

After checking his own coordinates, Nie Yan looked to his left. Sun was only six meters away. Though they were standing almost shoulder to shoulder, he couldn't see Sun who was in stealth.

Mad Blade was about 10 or so meters away from them.

With so many enemies nearby, they couldn't act rashly.

"Boss, Holy Empire and Sapphire Shrine's forces are only 10 minutes away from arriving here," a Bloodlust Blades player reported to Mad Blade.

"Ignore those pests. It won't make a difference no matter how many they send. We'll deal with Asskickers United first. They've been an eyesore for long enough," Mad Blade said in a disdainful tone.

Eavesdropping on their conversation, Nie Yan sneered. Declaring your victory already? Let's just see who really comes out on top in the end!

Although Nie Yan as the guild leader of Asskickers United would ocassionally give out orders on the battlefield, he left most of the burden to others. Thieves really weren't suited for commanding, a role generally taken up by Warriors or Priests. In this instance, Young Seven was the one overseeing the battlefield, while Nie Yan simply provided suggestions. This was why he was free to do as he pleased.

Taking down Mad Blade would be a huge win. But even if Nie Yan by chance failed, he was confident he could escape without any mishap.

Mad Blade was wholly unaware of Nie Yan and Sun's presence only 10 or so meters away. He busily gave out orders to the players around him. Bloodlust Blades had mobilized another thousand elites, and were starting to overwhelm Asskickers United.

Mad Blade surveyed the battlefield and finally noticed Nie Yan's absence. Seeing Lil' Gold still fighting fiercely 500 meters away, he assumed Nie Yan was probably lurking around there. He took several steps forward, then shouted in the voice chat,「Don't let them catch their breath! Thieves, go around and slaughter their Priests!」

After Mad Blade gave out the order, more than 30 Level 50+ Thieves under the command of two Great Thieves entered stealth and set out for the backliners of Asskickers United.

Mad Blade was unwittingly walking closer towards Sun and Nie Yan, with only five meters separating them. Sun and Nie Yan remained motionless, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

Stationary Thieves were much harder to detect since they received a significant boost to their stealthing capability.

With Nie Yan and Sun's already high Cloaking stats, if they remained motionless, ordinary players wouldn't notice them until they were less than two meters away.

Bloodlust Blades players were advancing forward bit by bit. With twice as many elites as Asskickers United, they almost immediately occupied the advantage. As their commander, Mad Blade was also moving at pace with his troops.

Seeing Mad Blade walking closer and closer, Nie Yan's eyes flashed with a cold light. His dagger was like a deadly viper, ready to strike at a moment's notice.

Nie Yan was fairly calm. After all, this wasn't his first rodeo.

Sun on the other hand was starting to get restless. This was his first time carrying out such a high risk operation, infiltrating the enemy's ranks to assassinate their leader. Just thinking about it made his heart race with excitement. He forcefully calmed himself down. For better or worse, after following Nie Yan for so long, a bit of his brazen nature also rubbed off on him.