Chapter 417 - Occult Summoning Array

Nie Yan handed over to Guo Huai the 350,000 gold he received from selling the surface world equipment to Fallen Angel. The money was used to reinforce the defenses of the Cripps Stronghold by putting up several more watchtowers. The players assigned with guarding the stronghold were also given a monetary reward. All of this greatly raised their morale. The only thing left to do was to wait for Bloodlust Blades' forces to arrive.

More than 100,000 players were stationed here, almost all of whom belonged to Asskickers United and their several branch guilds. They were determined to beat the enemy back, even if the defenses of the Cripps Stronghold fell.

Nie Yan took a stroll atop the stronghold's 10-meter high walls, which seemed impregnable. He gazed at the numerous watchtowers set up further back. The siege crossbows installed inside them could cover everything within a 50-meter radius.

However, this type of wall still couldn't defend against the bombardments of the Armoured Catapults, which were supposed to only appear at higher levels. At this stage of the game, nothing could withstand their firepower. This was why they couldn't hole up and weather the storm.

Two hours later, Nie Yan finally saw Bloodlust Blades' forces approaching from the horizon.

The enemy was finally here!

Nie Yan came down from the stronghold walls. A group of 1,000 stood in the plaza outside the guild headquarters, ready to move out at his command. Bloodlust Blades had already slaughtered their way here. Asskickers United couldn't shrink back now!

Every elite in Asskickers United was gathered here, even the ones who were previously in the middle of a quest.

Asskickers United's survival was at stake in this battle!

Nie Yan arrived in front of the crowd.

"Boss, those bastards from Bloodlust Blades are already here! Should we go out and teach them no one messes with Asskickers United?" Undying Scoundrel asked in anticipation. He was really itching for a fight, especially since he had recently raised his level and the quality of his gear.

"What are you in such a hurry for? Just listen to the boss!" Summer Bug scolded. Undying Scoundrel really left him feeling helpless at times.

Nie Yan's eyes scanned through the crowd. He saw many familiar faces, Bladelight, Smoke Stub, Young Seven, Black Heaven, Lustboy, Sunny South... All of them represented the apex of Asskickers United. So far, the losses they had suffered to Bloodlust Blades were only superficial. The talents here before him were the lifeblood of the guild. The real war was only just beginning!

Nie Yan turned to Guo Huai. "Are the 20 Great Mages I asked for all here?"

"Yep, all accounted for. Here's a list of their names," Guo Huai replied.

Nie Yan recognised Yao Yao, Lustboy, Sunny South, Summer Bug, Undying Scoundrel, and several others on the list. There were 13 Great Mages from Asskickers United, three from Battle Crazed Alliance, two from the War God Tribe, and one each from Sapphire Shrine and Holy Empire.

Almost all the Great Mages in their alliance were gathered here. With just a glance, Asskickers United clearly had the most.

At this stage of the game, every Great Mage was a powerful trump card. Most guilds would only have one or two, maybe three if they were lucky. Even the number of Great Mages in Bloodlust Blades, Alliance of Mages, and Divine Protectors probably didn't exceed single digits.

"Boss, when will we take action?"

"Boss, let's duke it out with those bastards outside right now! I can't stand the smug look on their faces!"